Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Happy New Year to all! :cheer::circle-of-love::welcome::420:

We are going to start the year off right here - in newly legal Mass!! I've been medical for some time, but now more people will be able to reunite with this lost miracle, cannabis. In this new and exciting time, I hope that we will come together as humans, sharing ideas, techniques & genetics, and that that will benefit us all, both man and plant, medicinally and recreationally.

With legalization, Terpene and Cannabinoid profiles should be safer to submit, and should come down in price. I will then be able to benchmark my produce, and eventually, use that data to align new creations with my personal needs...whether for my own consumption, or for another. :Namaste:

Strains will be eclectic, and I will do my best to encourage the most vibrant expressions of each. There will be some small breeders represented, and some surprises as well.

I thank you for sharing this space with me here, and welcome you to look over my shoulder, as I tend the ladies. This chapter will be a further evolution of the same story. It's a love story we all can share, the love of Cannabis.

We have a new 4x4 operating as a Veg Tent, and the 55"x55" tent working as perpetual. When the flower tent fills, the Veg tent will be flipped as well. I'll take some photos of the current girls, they are late Veg, and about to flip.

Let's make some fire.

Nice to meet ya

I like the refreshing attitude you have about your future as a grower

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Granddoggy purps sounds good. I have wondered if it was worth growing or not. I was unable to find the actual gdp for longest time and was almost tempted to get the grandoggy images but couldn't bring myself to without knowing I it was worth it. I'm growing my second Pennywise at the moment and really like the structure of it this time around. It hermied pretty badly the first round so keep an eye out. I don't know if one of my lights was acting up or what caused it. I may really just need a better tent. Other than it throwing bananas though it is some of the greasiest weed I have grown.

I've seen some nice G.Dog grows out there. ;) Hope your Penny goes well. I'll keep an eye on all the gear, I'll be doing foliars, so they get a good looking at. :)

There was an Australian grower that was breeding things out that had a Bubba`s Gift fem that also turned out to be a full on ladyboy. He was working on making a strain to name after the mag and was using the bubba in the cross. I think he got banned tho. I have a seed that I have been hesitant to run since two people on this forum alone popped a male with their fem seeds.

If you do foliar, you'll definitely catch a problem. I hear you and I understand you hesitance, but I'd run her anyway. She's super easy and sexy, smells so sweet, and wow is she putting out. I say it's worth a shot. It was pretty obvious on mine, straight male...you couldn't NOT see it lol like boners right in your face :rofl: sorry ... :volcano-smiley: :rofl:

Nice to meet ya

I like the refreshing attitude you have about your future as a grower

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How kind of you to say. While we see so many negative narratives in our collective cultures, it's refreshing to have good news about our favorite plant. :) Welcome, make yourself at home. Be sure to get some :passitleft:

hey man, I know you've been growing that Candyland for a while now... Is she a plant you think would need some epsoms or bloodmeal in flowering? I'm growing in doc buds kit so I know we're in different soil but I'm sure you still know that plant pretty well :) I'm hoping the one I have is a female, the plant is looking beautiful and growing vigorously right now in veg!

hey man, I know you've been growing that Candyland for a while now... Is she a plant you think would need some epsoms or bloodmeal in flowering? I'm growing in doc buds kit so I know we're in different soil but I'm sure you still know that plant pretty well :) I'm hoping the one I have is a female, the plant is looking beautiful and growing vigorously right now in veg!

What's up Boogy man. :high-five: My current CL is my third seed, second female, both with moderate mutations. Last one sorta just auto-stunted, and yield was abysmal, but flowers were real tasty and high was excellent.

My second girl, can't even grow leafs correctly, but seems to be putting out a bit more. Sugar, oil and aroma are better this round too, although she grows asymmetrically and unevenly.

If you start a journal, let me know, but the short answer is no. They are light feeders, so the kit and kit soil should be more than enough. I wouldn't bother with Epsoms unless there's no Ca/Mg in his foliar, but I'm pretty sure there is. She's worth the effort for sure. I may drop another seed just to see to see if I can get one to grow straight ffs. :) Hope yours in growing well. :Namaste:

What's up Boogy man. :high-five: My current CL is my third seed, second female, both with moderate mutations. Last one sorta just auto-stunted, and yield was abysmal, but flowers were real tasty and high was excellent.

My second girl, can't even grow leafs correctly, but seems to be putting out a bit more. Sugar, oil and aroma are better this round too, although she grows asymmetrically and unevenly.

If you start a journal, let me know, but the short answer is no. They are light feeders, so the kit and kit soil should be more than enough. I wouldn't bother with Epsoms unless there's no Ca/Mg in his foliar, but I'm pretty sure there is. She's worth the effort for sure. I may drop another seed just to see to see if I can get one to grow straight ffs. :) Hope yours in growing well. :Namaste:
Seems to be growing quite nicely man, so I'm hoping it turns out well! You won a NoTM with a candyland bud right?
I don't see any mutations on mine, yet. Hoping none show up, here's a quick pic. Hope ya don't mind dude.

It's only on it's 5th node currently.

IMG_20170320_202828.jpg

Dude, she's beautiful, no problems there :thumb: she looks to lean GDP maybe? Should be tasty.

Mine is very weird, very cookies, leaf fingers don't connect at a hub, they connect individually, and irregularly to the petiole. She never grew out of her own way. I'm running this cut again in coco, single cola style to see what's up. I hope you get a nice one, the effect is perfect for summer fun. You can see some of the gnarly leafs. I'll get a closer shot. Frosty goodies, starry gems, can you wait lol? Candyland Init Feb 9, Flower Feb 14th (35 days) 40 days of 12s

IMAG8695.jpg
IMAG8692.jpg

Her neighbor felt left out, so Bubba's Gift gets an encore.

IMAG8696.jpg

Candyland was NOTY 2015. :Rasta:

gnarly leafs or not, that thing is frosty and beautiful. I really need a summer-y buzz bud so I'm hoping this is a keeper.

:thanks: :Namaste: Looks like a keeper to me brother, she should grow well with that habit. I don't think they like to be topped too much, at least the two I had. Incidentally, they were nothing alike. My current is a cookies lean, I had the sativa leaner, and you seem to have the GDP leaner. I have some working knowledge of her, but I'm not an expert on the strain...still learning her and her phenos....seemingly a deep pool of expressive plants with stark phenos.

Very thick stems on my little runt, knotty gnarly thick branches... I had to fight her, craziest one I've ever had. She won in the end and ended up a lumpy mess. Like twice as thick as you think I mean. :)

Good to know, man! Hey, get your hands on some moonshine ghost train, this stuff is absolutely killer. you would love it!

Googling..,.. :volcano-smiley:

Hey Staker! :ciao:

Beautiful, award winning plants as usual - you're going to enjoy that Bubbas Gift.

Thanks B! Plants are behaving. I hope you're right, BG sure looks like and smells like she's going to be something real nice. The one I got really reeks, like you said, real strong scent. Mine smells like Fruity Pebbles, or Fruit Loops, with something just a little sinister in the background, letting you know there's more to the story. :circle-of-love:

CS, she's a beauty of a plant(the moonshine). Tropical smells and big, resinous buds. Heavy sativa leaner with an 11 week finish time!

IMG_20170321_103021.jpg

Harvest, KILLER PURPS. Pulled at 69 days flower, ~74 days short day light, and hung whole to dry.

She's faded out and dark. Her work is done. She smells med-strong of SD. She's got that cat piss ammonia, diesel smell, and it's set off by a spicy incense smell, more spice though, so that it's obvious that she's not SD alone.

Test Buds...At first look, she's got a kinda a top of the head sativa buzz, with moderate energy, somewhat clear though. Thought is pretty linear, time perception isn't too distorted, and there's some body effect as well. :) This could have some good uses. I'll update when I get a proper smoke of her.

IMAG8706.jpg
IMAG8710.jpg
IMAG8716.jpg
IMAG8712.jpg
IMAG8714.jpg

So far I'm liking her better than I expected. I'm very picky about my sativa, and I sorta had the feeling that this strain was more of an indica lovers sativa...if that makes sense. Little bit grapey pine diesel spice. I'll enjoy every minute of testing. ;)

Peace and love y'all...:love: :Namaste:

Dolatos stealing the show....number one here is the younger of the two, looking very promising.

Number One.
IMAG8718.jpg

Number two, she's got a few inherited traits, the variegation, and the hooked middle-ish leaf. Pretty sure these are OGKB traits. Number one, does not have either trait, but is just as frosty, and probably a touch healthier. They are doing as well as they can be considering my RH has been really low.

IMAG8725.jpg

Smell is coming on. :dreamy:

I really like the bud structure on that killer purps. A strain to consider if yours is anything to go by.

Growing by numbers again CS! (that was a compliment) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom