Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

I really like the bud structure on that killer purps. A strain to consider if yours is anything to go by.

Growing by numbers again CS! (that was a compliment) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Kind of you blaze, I've been very lucky. She's got a different look to her, where she's got some rust, but not in that Oxacan way, it's dark and it's over purple cheveroned spiring floral clusters. She's got some stank and weight to her too. Cash crop friendly.

SSSDH still impressing man. :thumb:

Cash crop friendly... 3 words I like to hear. :thumb:

I'm pretty sure there's a reason they sell boat loads of seeds. I've done a few of the Bombs and they all weighed in nicely. Loving Bubba's Gift too, she's got solid indica bombs in 50 days, I'd be flipping the hell out of that, shiny, purple and loud too. :) == :Namaste:

I've seen some nice G.Dog grows out there. ;) Hope your Penny goes well. I'll keep an eye on all the gear, I'll be doing foliars, so they get a good looking at. :)

If you do foliar, you'll definitely catch a problem. I hear you and I understand you hesitance, but I'd run her anyway. She's super easy and sexy, smells so sweet, and wow is she putting out. I say it's worth a shot. It was pretty obvious on mine, straight male...you couldn't NOT see it lol like boners right in your face :rofl: sorry ... :volcano-smiley: :rofl:

How kind of you to say. While we see so many negative narratives in our collective cultures, it's refreshing to have good news about our favorite plant. :) Welcome, make yourself at home. Be sure to get some :passitleft:

The Pennywise came out awesome. I'm in the beginning stages of flowering out the only clone I kept of it. If it had not thrown bananas it would be a keeper for sure. I started 3 seeds from TGA, all of different strains. Of the 3 the Hurkle was a male that dropped pollen under 24/0, the Pennywise grew bananas but is incredible smoke and then the Querkle seemed to be a true female that turned purple on me and is well within the top ten strains I have grown.

I am not so worried about not catching that the Bubba is in fact a bubba as I am wasting time and space. I have a limited plant count and have a lot of genetics I am trying to get through already while trying to keep anything that is truly worth keeping. I have 6 strains that I am cycling for at least the second time right now and have started another 7 to try and find strains better than what I already have. 3 of these are from reg seeds so I could only have 4 strains to decide from when it gets there.

So...when the water is clear lol.

I was doing a little defol last night, and saw a twist on the upper fans on both Dolato, and checked runoff to find #1 at 7.1pH, and #2 at 7.4pH. PPM was high too, so it didn't just happen. Plants were healthy enough to have hid the problem for a few days.

I haven't flushed a plant in a couple years, but put Dolato#2 in the tub last night.

I flushed #2 with 15 gals, and pH dropped from 7,4 to 6.8pH. I figure that's close enough, she'll have to dry out again, and I should be able to get her down lower after she drys. Wish I didn't take the fans I did, they would have helped her weather the medium being out of whack for this week. She still looks good, hoping to keep her that way.

I fed #1 with her normal feed, which was just supplements, bene bact/fung/zyme etc, and she's also down to 6.8pH. She has just a small twist going on. No flush for her. Figure I'll pair everything down till I find the culprit. I think I already know what it is... happy growing!

Somewhat sorted, we'll see. :Namaste: Thankfully it was caught quickly. You can see a little of the twist below, The flushed plant did a bit better, although she's stalled out a bit. She was the more 'off' of the two.

Figured I'd take some pics.

Do-lato

This was the one I flushed. She was mid push, and slowed a bit, but kept her shine, and most of her posture. I'll take a ding on yield, but quality should be fine, and I have more than I can smoke... I'm making butter and salves now too lol. I have rooted clones of both phenos, so I can run them a little better. I'm in no way upset though, they are still going to be really nice, look at that blanket. :) Let's hope she stays chill.
IMAG8818.jpg

She didn't get flushed. She was the better of the two, just a slight twist in a couple uppers. She lost a touch off her shine, so I'm guessing she was burning energy to make/move what she was locked out of. She didn't slow as much as her sister. They are both building some real tight clusters. You guys can see the twist, right lol... :rofl: I know I'm a little picky. ;)

IMAG8817.jpg
IMAG8816.jpg

Candyland I remember back when she was in Veg, and remarking how oily she was, even then. She's reeking over the Bubba now, like berry/charcoal/rubber/fuel. She's completely frosted, just a purple tip sticking out here and there. She won't fill a bucket for sure, but these gems will be very welcome little joy bombs. Tried to get a couple looks, the color is coming out.

IMAG8810.jpg
IMAG8807.jpg
IMAG8806.jpg

Space Cheese
is beautiful, for a boy. Took a while to show, but after I flipped him, he showed me his nuts. Was exactly the color I want going into flower... dam.
IMAG8800.jpg

IMAG8813.jpg

Bubba's Gift Even my two ugly ;) girls are doing some great work. She's coming down in 3-5 days. Fading out and purpling a bit. Smell is loud and quite nice, sweet and sour plums.

IMAG8820.jpg
IMAG8773.jpg

IMAG8821.jpg

Got some chops coming up... Texberry can get bigger now, I'll toss her in next week.

Peace and love yall.

Looks like you got some fake plants mixed in there, lookin' a lil' shiny! :goodjob:
'

Thanks B! It's all photoshop lol. Foliar, sugar, and enzymes have been my best guess on the extra shine. :thumb: So far, even with fast RH swings this close to the ocean in MA, I've seen no mold or PM (knock wood) from spraying into the first couple weeks flower. Huge mess, yes. Mold, no. The smoke is better, so the mess is worth it. I'd have to hit it just right before to get as good results. Now, it's like every plant is brixxxed out, and blinging, if not posting huge weights. I'll figure out how to get better yield with this mix though, so I'm not wasting the electricity.

Bummer on the dude. I think that guy does refunds tho.
Top notch flowers Brother. I want to smoke some Carestaker weed. I have some of that space cheese in veg, maybe we can see some finished flowers.
Happy daze my homie.

Thanks D! It's the way of things. He's in my hallway hanging out. I keep admiring the color and structure (for a male lol, he's kinda hot).

Texberry is getting pretty big. She's been in her pot pretty long for Veg though, I should uppot her to give her something to push into, but it's a fabric pot that I'd have to cut off...dunno, the sacrifice might be made, depending on how hot runoff is when I water her next....trying to gauge what's left in the soil.

We will at least get to see her flower, she's got pistils now. Just going to top her off before pushing her in. :Namaste:

Awesome. Grow. I also did a grow of killer purps. Of course no purps but awesome nugs. Also did thc bomb and cherry bomb. Which the cherry bomb was my favorite of all of them. Killer nugs smelled out of sight and was just the all around perfect plant.

Ya Care when the water clears Bubba will be run I just don't know when that will be. Everything is looking fantastic! Those dolatos are frosty! Your Bubba looks good enough to make me want to get to it soon :thumb:

Zillman I grew out thc bomb a couple times and wasn't impressed. I ran bomb's big bomb quite a few times. I liked the structure of the plant and flowers a lot more than thc bomb. Big bombs only real downfall is it isn't super potent.

Ya Care when the water clears Bubba will be run I just don't know when that will be. Everything is looking fantastic! Those dolatos are frosty! Your Bubba looks good enough to make me want to get to it soon :thumb:

Zillman I grew out thc bomb a couple times and wasn't impressed. I ran bomb's big bomb quite a few times. I liked the structure of the plant and flowers a lot more than thc bomb. Big bombs only real downfall is it isn't super potent.

Thank you Yeti! Even with the couple of issues, I'm pretty pleased with them, they are growing well. :Namaste: Do-lato is a gem for sure. I was going to say....'are you sure you don't want to grow the B.Gift' lol, she's got some sexy ass bombs on her....purple golf ball nugs, and plum sized too. She's done too, so fast. :love:

I've also run a bunch of different Bomb stuff, and including this last run of Killer Purps from them. Just not for me I guess. It works fine, just a bit dull headed for me, and not that potent I agree. Seems like you've lumbered along as well. :)

Awesome. Grow. I also did a grow of killer purps. Of course no purps but awesome nugs. Also did thc bomb and cherry bomb. Which the cherry bomb was my favorite of all of them. Killer nugs smelled out of sight and was just the all around perfect plant.

:welcome: Welcome, and Thanks brother! :high-five: They breed some nice plants for sure. I've run a few strains from them, and they grow, look, and yield well. However, I've found the smoke doesn't quite align with me. So, while I've appreciated the nugs that I harvested, I feel that I have moved on... or forward - towards some genetics that speak to me on a whole nother level. Something for everyone when it comes to strains.

Killer Purps gave 104g, not huge, but not bad considering plant size/count and coverage. The nugs are sticky, medium potent, and positively reek with a spicy sour ammonia smell. I don't want to be harsh, but I probably won't grow another. I don't know how to say it otherwise, that's just the truth. It'll make great edibles. :Namaste:

Congrats on the KP harvest even though she didn't make the A list. Do-lato will ring the potency bell....guaranteed. That "twist" was interesting. I get some of that too. I attributed it to my high Ca load to make up for all the lost minerals after switching from tap. I was pounding them w/ Ca in early flower. Took it all well except for the eventual twist. I did a runoff check....6.8. Been going 6.4 in so will drop that to 6.2-6.3 & time to drop the Ca a bit anyway since at 30+ days now. Been using a lot of Kelzyme Element XX....micronized version so can top dress or put into solution. Carbonate version from ancient sea beds in NV so also lots of other good minerals in it. Beautiful plants brother....great pictures & updates. :Namaste:

Congrats on the KP harvest even though she didn't make the A list. Do-lato will ring the potency bell....guaranteed. That "twist" was interesting. I get some of that too. I attributed it to my high Ca load to make up for all the lost minerals after switching from tap. I was pounding them w/ Ca in early flower. Took it all well except for the eventual twist. I did a runoff check....6.8. Been going 6.4 in so will drop that to 6.2-6.3 & time to drop the Ca a bit anyway since at 30+ days now. Been using a lot of Kelzyme Element XX....micronized version so can top dress or put into solution. Carbonate version from ancient sea beds in NV so also lots of other good minerals in it. Beautiful plants brother....great pictures & updates. :Namaste:

Thanks BL. :Namaste: KP will make great brownies lol.
The Do-lato is real promising, thanks for leading the way again, I am so grateful. :Namaste: Her buds are going to be something I think. The one that looks more like my usual, the #2, is pushing hard and stacking like no cookie I've seen :)

I'm not sure what the twist was, I assumed it was due to pH, so I measured, said hell-no and flushed the higher of the two (#2). Oddly, I was also loading her up with Ca/foliars and a dolomite/calc lime drench around the flip.

Normally, if I'm feeding synths, and not doing foliar/drenches, my runoff would be about a half point more acidic, than my inputs, not the reverse, so I kinda freaked lol.

Now that I'm irrigating almost no NPK at all, I may need to get used to seeing runoff more alkaline than my inputs. In 5:3 ratio soil to coco, I've always input right at 6.35pH, using silica and hi-brix molasses to balance up/down.

Funny if it's just a trait, like the hook that it throws, or the variegation, which iirc are also OGKB traits

Kelzyme sounds like another vector to introduce benes, I'll check it out. :high-five:

Absolutely beautiful brother. I mean that.

Thank you very kindly Blaze. You know what it is to hear it too :high-five: I gotta catch up on your yard.

Thank you Yeti! Even with the couple of issues, I'm pretty pleased with them, they are growing well. :Namaste: Do-lato is a gem for sure. I was going to say....'are you sure you don't want to grow the B.Gift' lol, she's got some sexy ass bombs on her....purple golf ball nugs, and plum sized too. She's done too, so fast. :love:

I've also run a bunch of different Bomb stuff, and including this last run of Killer Purps from them. Just not for me I guess. It works fine, just a bit dull headed for me, and not that potent I agree. Seems like you've lumbered along as well. :)

:welcome: Welcome, and Thanks brother! :high-five: They breed some nice plants for sure. I've run a few strains from them, and they grow, look, and yield well. However, I've found the smoke doesn't quite align with me. So, while I've appreciated the nugs that I harvested, I feel that I have moved on... or forward - towards some genetics that speak to me on a whole nother level. Something for everyone when it comes to strains.

Killer Purps gave 104g, not huge, but not bad considering plant size/count and coverage. The nugs are sticky, medium potent, and positively reek with a spicy sour ammonia smell. I don't want to be harsh, but I probably won't grow another. I don't know how to say it otherwise, that's just the truth. It'll make great edibles. :Namaste:

It's funny really I don't have any tolerance to speak of so just about anything will work for me. My wife tho has a great tolerance and is my litmus test of sorts to let me know what stays and what goes. I make some choices based off what grows well but still try to find better things. The best strain from bomb I have grown was the berry bomb.

That Bubba of yours is making a good case for me to run it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom