Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

It just occured to me why medium went high pH. I'm pretty sure I was at an almost fully enlightened state when I potted them up, and I'm pretty sure I ran Ca ratio on the hot side, so it buffered up to a higher than optimal pH. Of course I don't remember this exactly, but it's kinda almost a memory, and I'm pretty sure this is the most logical explanation. Party tme.

Plants barely get any synths, so leaning heavily organic, so it really shouldn't matter at 6.8 instead of 6.5, but I normally run every drop of irrigation at 6.35 all the way through after the flip.

Got so mesmerized by your pictures that I forgot to mention that high Ca loads more good than bad, but cause gradual increase in bicarbonates that will creep up the pH. Lowering soil pH to 6.5 eliminates 50% of bicarbonates. Gypsum & even small amts. of elemental sulfur work well to limit pH creep when used together with high Ca usage. Haha who said pH isn't a factor in organics where high potential medical plants are the goal? Your plants are cup competition class so no worries other than farmers fretting. ;) :Namaste:

That was quite a show. #1 looks like she's ripening fast...hardly any more stigmas. Excellent gardening. :clap: :Namaste:

I caught a real looker in #1, she's finishing quick and is straight dusted. Yield should be acceptable, if not decent. Clones easy, roots are super vigorous, she drinks tons... I like that kinda plant.

Great show brother. Just keep both , and send me one. Lol
Man your herbs look spectacular, I don't think it matters what strain you grow.
Tx berry should be able to handle some heavy irrigation. Hope the blueberry​ stanks up your nose holes.
Fingers crossed.
Much h love homie.

Thanks D. Yeah, she's going in as soon as she dries a bit, I had to feed her again, she's a little piggy. I let her get a little wound up in that 5 gal, and she's been in there a while, so I'm going to flip her and transplant around the same time. She'll have new soil to push into, and that usually works out well. I won't really have to do much other than light the organic fuse and let her go. I'll add foliar to prevent calcium drawdown during hard flower, and will then 'feed' her about 3-5 times, and that's about it. She'll also get plenty of organic stims langbeninite derivs...and organic sugars, bene/bact/fung/ etc. I'll leach her out when done, nothing but a transition to water. That's the plan. She's reeking up a whole room and she's still in veg. :thumb:

plants are looking killer, man. that dolato is wow! unfortunately, my one candlyland ended up being a boy and grew some big ol' nuts overnight. wondering if maybe I should try to get some pollen from it since you said it looks to be a GDP leaner.

He was freaking gorgeous. Squat too for a dude. I'd hit everything you have with it just for fun. I'd watch the seeds grow. :love: Looked very GDP to me, but I've never run her on her own, just crosses. I had a very sativa version of CL with long thin fingers. Now I have one in the middle between yours and the sativa leaner, and her leafs look way more like a cookie-plant. Thick leathery mutants lol. Potchimp is the board GDPenius :) He's shop is always open, I love stopping in there. >>>PotChimp

Gorgeous garden brotha! Texberry going in a 10 gal huh? That's going to be a show!

I'm hoping. I don't have time to Veg her more, I'm going to hope she drops some bombs though. Everything is coming out fire man. Missed having you around. You doing it in the dirt when you start again? ;)
Supermodels as usual :goodjob:

Bubbas Gift - strong and unique and got better as it cured. I thought it was strong, a month later it was stronger and more complex. Enjoy :high-five:

Thanks Lady B! :high-five:You were right, she's some real nice flower. I"m smoking her now, and she's my goodnight girl since she was dry enough to smoke. Real high quality flowers, I'm loving them. I can't really remember the last indica I grew. Nice to just relax. :volcano-smiley:

Got so mesmerized by your pictures that I forgot to mention that high Ca loads more good than bad, but cause gradual increase in bicarbonates that will creep up the pH. Lowering soil pH to 6.5 eliminates 50% of bicarbonates. Gypsum & even small amts. of elemental sulfur work well to limit pH creep when used together with high Ca usage. Haha who said pH isn't a factor in organics where high potential medical plants are the goal? Your plants are cup competition class so no worries other than farmers fretting. ;) :Namaste:

You rock bother, I will add those both to my kit, exactly what I needed. :high-five: I'll add some gypsum and just slightly dial back the Ca amendment. the foliar during hard flower will smooth any bumps. Best of all worlds.

I pH every drop of water no matter what, using silica dioxide to UP and molasses to Down. I'm sure I could grow a plant by feeding 7.0 all the way through, but it wouldn't be near it's potential. That's like doing it wrong on purpose wtfiwwppl :rofl: I'm not going to chase every wasted photon, but it's such an easy thing to pH, with a bit of practice, and the results can speak for themselves.

Cup what lol! Thanks brother, for such a fine compliment. That would be a trip. :circle-of-love:

I'm smoking on a dub of Bubbas' Gift as I type..:blushsmile: And on top of that I just put a Texberry in the can to germ...:yikes:... Brilliant minds and all I guess...:;):... Beautiful job on the Bubba... She's going to be amazing...:circle-of-love:

Texberry is smelling strong, she's asking to go :) I hope we like her.

BG's quite nice, happy, very relaxing, but I lose so much time haha, surfing, late night.... I have to be a professional in just a few hours pffft.

Missed you D. :circle-of-love:

I'm hoping. I don't have time to Veg her more, I'm going to hope she drops some bombs though. Everything is coming out fire man. Missed having you around. You doing it in the dirt when you start again? ;)

I'm sure she will with the CS touch :thumb:

Yep, reusing dirt from my last grow that's been sitting in the garage. Never tried this so will be interesting to see how it turns out. I've amended it with goodies close to 6 weeks ago so its ready to go. Sprouted 3 seeds (Sour Diesel #2, Serious 6, Tiny Dancer Auto) that I purchased over 2 years ago per my usual jiffy pellet and mykos that just sprouted :) I might put up a journal after they start picking up some steam.

I'm sure she will with the CS touch :thumb:

Yep, reusing dirt from my last grow that's been sitting in the garage. Never tried this so will be interesting to see how it turns out. I've amended it with goodies close to 6 weeks ago so its ready to go. Sprouted 3 seeds (Sour Diesel #2, Serious 6, Tiny Dancer Auto) that I purchased over 2 years ago per my usual jiffy pellet and mykos that just sprouted :) I might put up a journal after they start picking up some steam.

Save me a seat brother :Namaste: that sounds like fun.

Thinking of doing the same with my soil. I have three stumps waiting. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet, but pretty sure I'm sick of throwing it out. Probably condition it and bake it with some organics and run a single plant I know with it first. :)

Texberry is smelling strong, she's asking to go :) I hope we like her.

BG's quite nice, happy, very relaxing, but I lose so much time haha, surfing, late night.... I have to be a professional in just a few hours pffft.

Missed you D. :circle-of-love:

When I first tried BG I thought I 'it's strong and interesting but no biggie'. Three weeks later went back to it, and 2 nights in a row after eating ice cream cones for munchies; woke up the next mornings to find the ice cream in the microwave all melted :trance::rofl::rofl::tokin: don't ask me what it was doing in there :volcano-smiley:

When I first tried BG I thought I 'it's strong and interesting but no biggie'. Three weeks later went back to it, and 2 nights in a row after eating ice cream cones for munchies; woke up the next mornings to find the ice cream in the microwave all melted :trance::rofl::rofl::tokin: don't ask me what it was doing in there :volcano-smiley:
Nice, I need to get on that level...

When I first tried BG I thought I 'it's strong and interesting but no biggie'. Three weeks later went back to it, and 2 nights in a row after eating ice cream cones for munchies; woke up the next mornings to find the ice cream in the microwave all melted :trance::rofl::rofl::tokin: don't ask me what it was doing in there :volcano-smiley:

:rofl: Yup, that's the stuff lol. I got nervous when my hands got too close to my own snapping maw lol. I ate everything in sight. Nightstand was just covered in empty wrappers, a banana peel, and shame. Mighta been a lil high. :volcano-smiley:

Nice, I need to get on that level...

Welcome, and hang around, this weed goes to 11. :hookah:

I think you're going to need a bigger room. ..

Sup Doc. :high-five: My favorite one was when Ernie ate a cookie that he wasn't supposed to, and Bert Ballbuster came home, so Ernie kept trying to rearrange them on the plate to hide the fact that he ate one. I still do that today - employ the cookie defense. No Hun, I didn't touch your snacks. :) I'm thinking Bert's last name is Bottoms. :yikes:

Just recently expanded into the spare bedroom for Veg. Guests and errant Air B&B wanderers can now fall asleep to the luxury sounds of extraction fans and mechanical timers. :grinjoint:

Definitely need a bigger room...Texberry got a new pot, a trim, and a flip all at once. 12s of 4/8

IMAG8982.jpg
IMAG8984.jpg
IMAG8989.jpg
IMAG8990.jpg

Those aren't my sneakers, just sayin' lol.

Sup Doc. :high-five: My favorite one was when Ernie ate a cookie that he wasn't supposed to, and Bert Ballbuster came home, so Ernie kept trying to rearrange them on the plate to hide the fact that he ate one. I still do that today - employ the cookie defense. No Hun, I didn't touch your snacks. :) I'm thinking Bert's last name is Bottoms. :yikes:

Just recently expanded into the spare bedroom for Veg. Guests and errant Air B&B wanderers can now fall asleep to the luxury sounds of extraction fans and mechanical timers. :grinjoint:

Definitely need a bigger room...Texberry got a new pot, a trim, and a flip all at once. 12s of 4/8

Those aren't my sneakers, just sayin' lol.

Those wood floors are GORGEOUS man! I wince thinking nute burn on those floors :wince

They're about 100 years old from old growth forests, so pretty dam indestructible. The place was a mess when we first saw it, but the floors were :thumb: and so we've been here over 10 years. We may be buying a larger place in the next year, so I'll have a floor to dedicate to my hobbies, both weed and sound. :Namaste:

I haven't tried the Do-lato yet, but she should be some fire. I'm very picky on effect though, so even though she's frosty, she may not make the cut. Two of the Reg seeds that I have going - if male - will be used to knock up a branch on each of the flowering girls just for fun and education. SSSDH and Pennywise. SSSDH for obvious reasons, the clear UP high, and powerful landrace pull of the equatorials, and the higher-CBD Pennywise, to see what that type of plant will add to a higher THC mother. Girls would be great too lol.

can you name your keepers dude? always looking for good genetics!

edit: also, I am really contemplating hitting at least the moonshine ghost train with some of that candyland pollen.

edit: also, I am really contemplating hitting at least the moonshine ghost train with some of that candyland pollen.

Sure, they are all phenos of seeds I've popped. I generally keep what I like from the last few runs. Lots of these are from last run:volcano-smiley:

Current keepers... I like Haze and Diesel mainly but have some cookies in there. I'm searching for a great indica too, but I don't grow them often.

GDP - Candyland#2 (cookie pheno)
CSG - ChemDxCookies (cookie pheno)
CaliCon - Buddha Tahoe OG - uniform pheno
Devils Harvest - Strawberry Sour Diesel (Diesel pheno)
CSG - ECSDH#1 aka #12 (haze pheno)
CSG - SSSDH#1 (lime haze pheno)

Current clones that I'm holding in case their parents, move one of the above, out of rotation.

IHG - Do-lato#2 (OBKB)
IHG - Do-lato#1 (Gelato)
D.K. - Texas Blueberry
D.K - Space Cheese (male)

Others waiting to be flowered, contending for the next spot in the big girls tent

Tahoe Star
Purple Dream
SSSDH#2
ECSDH#2 (really #13, but all weren't journaled)
Pennywise
ECSDH#S1 (flowering)

Shopping for some seeds soon. Loving what I'm seeing from IHG in these dolatos. Loved the last run of CSG. Looking to try some new stuff too, Exotic, Rebel, Bodhi, and some others. Never enough strains or room for them :) Get the SSSDH or ECSDH for sure, if you like a euphoric sativa. :thumb: You're CL looks pretty indi despite it supposedly being 75% sativa. It might go well with that haze. Pics please. :)

Tx berry looking Beasty. I always checkout your floors.almost as much as your plants. I'm a carpenter tho.
Buds look fire brother.

She's vigorous and hungry, and was getting a bit tired in that 5 gal, so I gave her some space. She's got great vigor, smell and structure. The buds are insane dude they are all coming out fire :Namaste:

thanks dude, appreciate that awesome list! will absolutely have to try some of them next time I get some beans. I've been eyeing some 9lb Hammer seeds also from TGA/Jinxproof genetics.

Have you ever hit plants with male pollen? I've never done it before.

Have you ever hit plants with male pollen? I've never done it before.

Not on purpose lol. ;)

But, it's like anything, birds, bees, and the things between the knees. :rofl: I think we can manage it.

I'll be chucking soon, so we can find out together. :Namaste: Lots of help from the fam here too. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom