And a big Thank You to @Azimuth , for bringing this grow method to my/our attention.. :love:
He’s like the SIP Jesus, turning water into reservoir’s and plants into plantations while actively recruiting disciples.

A94C46F2-F077-4EAE-B8EA-EA18632C9C71.jpeg

Thanks RD!

I’m on the fence on how to grow outdoors this summer. I kinda wanted to switch nutes to GeoFlora as Emilya has great success with it - even in SIP. My buddy has several large bottles of Fox Farms nutes he will give to me. I’ve used it the past 4 grows and it is easy enough. Thinking I may run several different pots / nutes just to compare.

I like easy because, well, I am a bit lazy.

I run @Geoflora in soil outdoors in summer and am very happy with it!
…. bad spellerz untie

sucks when you have to splain the punch line but word play on… Bad Spellers UNITE
I'm guilty of it at THE WORST TIMES!

it seems like most sippers are using an organic soil, feeding top, and plain water in the res or at least something close.

is anyone feeding synthetic nutes to the res only, no top feeding at all?
my soil is already amended and I just flipped 12/12
@Prescription Blend arrived the other day and I was thinking of trying a grow without any top feeding teas and instead bottom feed only.

it seems like most sippers are using an organic soil, feeding top, and plain water in the res or at least something close.

is anyone feeding synthetic nutes to the res only, no top feeding at all?
my soil is already amended and I just flipped 12/12
@Prescription Blend arrived the other day and I was thinking of trying a grow without any top feeding teas and instead bottom feed only.
farside is doing an amazing job res-feeding synthetics. You can find his journal here along with his posts in this thread.

Thanks @farside05 do you feed with every watering and do you do any sort of flush at the end or stop nutes at some time?

I dove in today and started feeding Prescription Blend to 3 of my 4 plants one week into flowering, the 2g is already getting Remos.
The 4g sip got fed in the bottom, the two 7g bags were pretty dry so I gave 1qt on top and 3qts in the wick reservoir, it was empty within 2 hrs. I'll try bottom feed only for a while and see how it goes.

Thanks @farside05 do you feed with every watering and do you do any sort of flush at the end or stop nutes at some time?

I feed every watering and do so till harvest. No flushing.

This is my second SIP grow. 1st grow I tried mixing in Osmocote Plus, Indoor and Outdoor, slow release fertilizer, and then feeding water only. Worked well through veg but fell flat on its face during bloom. That's when I switched to my normal nutes and fed all the way to the finish. This time I just started with my regular routine.

Hopefully I implemented the mini-SIP properly...The wicking foot is a 3"x3" seedling pot packed with coarse perlite. When the res is full about the bottom 2 cm of the wick is submerged.

1678252963338.png

1678252982384.png

1678253003463.png

1678253024478.png

1678253048947.png

`

Hopefully I implemented the mini-SIP properly...The wicking foot is a 3"x3" seedling pot packed with coarse perlite. When the res is full about the bottom 2 cm of the wick is submerged.

1678252963338.png

1678252982384.png

1678253003463.png

1678253024478.png

1678253048947.png

`
Nice! One of the benefits of using the wicking foot is all the extra air available around the roots, so maybe make a bunch more holes down low, especially in the zone where the two containers meet.

Clever! So the area around the seedling pot is packed with soil?
There is soil in the yogurt tub only. The bottom container is just a reservoir.

maybe make a bunch more holes down low, especially in the zone where the two containers meet.
I was thinking that when I was putting it together. For those that use a soldering iron does it gunk up the iron? How do you clean up the iron when done?

There is soil in the yogurt tub only. The bottom container is just a reservoir.

I was thinking that when I was putting it together. For those that use a soldering iron does it gunk up the iron? How do you clean up the iron when done?
I heated a Philips screwdriver on a gas stove. CL🍀 :Namaste:

Depending on how many holes you're making, the liquified plastic will start forming blobs, so I keep a scrunched up piece of aluminum foil that I use to periodically wipe down the nail-like attachment making the holes.

Also, do it in a well ventilated area so you're not breathing in the plastic fumes.

Back
Top Bottom