kinda crossover post but today is start of week 7 on my Wedding Cake home brew 5 gallon sip. In preparation for droughting I did a full tilt on the bucket and forced her to piss out her res last Monday. You can tell cuz it’s got that funky odor.

Even tho I’ve been running dehum around the clock I pulled her dipstick from the soil today and after 7 days of no res water there’s still plenty of moisture in the soil showing on dipstick

imho - if you are droughting in a SIP better get started before week 7

Ahoy Maritimer,

Because of the much wetter soil gradient in the SIP I dumped her reservoir on first day of week 6 in preparation for droughting in week 7. Drought might work different (faster) in fabric smart pots but this was in hardside 5 gallon plastic bucket DIY type SIP.

Yes sir I’ve read Caplan (spelling?) study plus your meJa and droughting work before your handoff to our lovely Mrs Krissi.

I watch for LWA but I also use bamboo bbq skewers as poor man’s moisture meter to let me know what’s happening in the soil. But to be accurate the wooden dipstick should be angled in from outside edge and must hit bottom center of soil in the container, then it works very well. I use BBQ skewers for shorter containers and long wooden dowels for taller ones.

Hope you will join us for some SIPPING?? I know sub irrigation has been going on for years but its a game changer especially when compared to dreaded wet dry cycle needed for most soil types.

Sorry to hear about your implant reversal but hope you are on the mend!! Thanks for your contributions here!

Hey folks. First time trying SIP, just wondering if yous think it slow or OK. Its runtz auto xl 15days. Just been giving small amounts of water around the base when the leaves drop a bit, mist every 2nd day. Thanks for feedback.. 👍

IMG_20230314_200602.jpg

It's fantastic to see so many different ways to put buds on these branches in SIP's! Here's my LOS fed in pipe only so far with ro water, cal/mag, aloe, several microbial mixes from time to time. The mulch cover still hasn't been cracked open to even look under. 37 days since flip.

It's fantastic to see so many different ways to put buds on these branches in SIP's! Here's my LOS fed in pipe only so far with ro water, cal/mag, aloe, several microbial mixes from time to time. The mulch cover still hasn't been cracked open to even look under. 37 days since flip.

The very essence of a Happy Camper. A garden in herself. :love:

Just incredible Stone. :adore:
She loves what ever your feeding her.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Highya SO

A gorgeous cola/bud shot there! Cherries Dubilee is producing some serious bud! Great work, SO! Happy Smokin'

An LOS SIP Gaz? Suweet! Slow start and BOOM off to the races!
Hey Stoner thanks for replying. Ya I'm still very much finding my way. Have finally found a good supplier of organic dry amendedments. I finished a run with the soil about 5 weeks ago. The company recommends a flush before re amending. Done all that and waited 2 weeks for it to cook.

A just wasn't 100% confident that I'd get the re amending right so bought other new organic soil to run 2 and 2.. 1 didn't make it, so now I've 2 in the old living soil, and 1 in the new soil. Decided to plant 2 more panty punch autos from seedstockers to fill up the space in my mind. 1 will be going into reamended soil and 1 into the new fresh soil.

The fresh soil I got only has enough food for 6 weeks, so il need to top dress with enough time left for them not to starve. Think I might do a journal, Il defo be needed a bit of help along the way if ya wanna grab a seat lol

Just incredible Stone. :adore:
She loves what ever your feeding her.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Mostly microbes and rocks Bill. Thanks!
Highya SO

A gorgeous cola/bud shot there! Cherries Dubilee is producing some serious bud! Great work, SO! Happy Smokin'
This is all Azimuths' fault!
Hey Stoner thanks for replying. Ya I'm still very much finding my way. Have finally found a good supplier of organic dry amendedments. I finished a run with the soil about 5 weeks ago. The company recommends a flush before re amending. Done all that and waited 2 weeks for it to cook.

A just wasn't 100% confident that I'd get the re amending right so bought other new organic soil to run 2 and 2.. 1 didn't make it, so now I've 2 in the old living soil, and 1 in the new soil. Decided to plant 2 more panty punch autos from seedstockers to fill up the space in my mind. 1 will be going into reamended soil and 1 into the new fresh soil.

The fresh soil I got only has enough food for 6 weeks, so il need to top dress with enough time left for them not to starve. Think I might do a journal, Il defo be needed a bit of help along the way if ya wanna grab a seat lol
You got a link to your grow?

This is all Azimuths' fault!
It sure is!..

Look what he's made me do to these SIP girls...

The ATF is growing great, stopped stretching at 18.5 inches tall:
Sauga1.jpg

Day 26 of 12/12, she's 83 days old, 60 days in the SIP..the Grow Dots are still keeping her nice 'n green...
ATF2.jpg

A Bud
ATF4.jpg

And, the Amnesia Haze- this one is in need of some cleanup/training, which I've kinda been putting it off till the sun comes back (and stays for awhile😁 ) she got half a day of sun today...
AH.jpg

Different angle...This one's 69 days old, 47 of those days in the SIP...this one was also flipped 26 days ago, but she didn't really start flowering until 5 days ago:hmmmm:
AH3.jpg

She's finally getting some pom-poms
AH Bud.jpg

And that's where they're at today!

Very nice beginnings of a bud factory in the SIP's!! They look like they're working overtime in those planters. Nice work, Carcass. Happy Smokin'

Very nice beginnings of a bud factory in the SIP's!!
Thanks, Bode!
They look like they're working overtime in those planters.
They definitely like having access to all the water they need, all the time...since there's no growth pause while they're waiting to be watered again, they grow quite a bit faster than one grown in a std. pot. with a wet/dry cycle..

Damn Gaz looks like you need to weed your weed / how do you have all that outside grass and clover in there ? That takes away from the nutes for the good stuff .
In an organic grow the "ground cover" those weeds, are constantly making interaction with microbes and ultimately feeding the canna plant.

Back
Top Bottom