It's been a while.. but I'm out of the club! No Sips running, hopefully soon some with clones.
I'm non-Sipping a Channel+
She still vegging.
I'm calling her Angelina
I eat antipasta twice
just because she is so nice
oh Angelina...
IMG_3168.jpg

I did feed her twice by letting her slurp up through the fabric, that's sippy!
You don't have to turn in your ID card just yet. We have a feeling you'll be back. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You don't have to turn in your ID card just yet. We have a feeling you'll be back. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yeaaaah probably, although I must say this so far is going pretty swell, in a smart pot I can use the Biocanna & Nova stuff without a smelly res, as well it's just adding water or some brown juice, no ph-ing involved. Very easy, very little hiccups.

But yeah as I said before with the SIPs I haven't found the right feeding method yet, as I tried various things the biocanna stuff runs into problems as it makes the funkiest of reservoirs even if you just top dress it, as well some runs through..
The time release pellets, could work but I have to figure out the dosage and I also think they are not meant for Sip really as well you're kinda activating them 24/7 that way and force feeding them through the plant no? As I think they are meant to get watered, release a bit of stuff and bacteria that provides the shizzle for a few days.. but if there's a constant upward pull over them..hmmm doubts
And the synthetic stuff salted up and requires flushing. So I was not happy with those either.
So what am I to use??
I was thinking of just buying a very good composted soil, but then I need bigger SIPs instead of the three small ones I got so I can provide enough soil so she doesn't run out. Could use the small ones for autos I guess.

Hello Sip’rs!!! Hope everyone has been ok!

This little lady popped her shell around 6/18 before that time i think i nuked 1 seed and i decapitated the other:eye-roll: but finally were almost ready for transplant i hope the earthbox hasnt been breaking down all the good stuff while i had her waiting
IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4505.jpeg
IMG_4506.jpeg
a few more days and she’ll be moving into the earthbox and 4x4 and ill start a journal she has roots at the bottom im going to put a cup of water under like last time to start some water roots

Hey SIP Club, I have a question. What do you think of this mutation? Should I worry about bud rot once it fattens up? Thanks for any advice

IMG_7724.jpeg
Good thing about SIP's... Bud rot has never been an issue. If they drink, ffed them. Next day, still some liquid at the bottom, wait a day. I feed 2 outts 3 days, 3/4 gallon each.
Albeit, my SIP's are custom made with sheet metal, chicken wire and cheese clothe.
Works for me!! :yahoo:

Cheers!

Highya Blu,

You control the environment. To keep botrytis at bay, keep the humidity lower than 65% and the temp under 75, and you should be good. Oh, and you should have a fan of it too. If you can do that, I wouldn't worry about bud rot! Happy Smokin'
Back atcha @Bode, yep temps have been between 68 to 78 degrees and humidity has been between 56 to 60%. Have two fans going with a 6” exhaust. I was just wondering with all those buds on top of one another along with the cluster of leaves if moisture will get in there.

With the fans and humidity at 60% or under, you should be good.

Love that avatar, RR!! Very colorful! Happy Smokin'

Early in my last and current SIP runs I've developed algae on the surface of the HP Promix probably due to the higher RH for seedlings/early veg.

It doesn't seem to be an issue from what I can tell. Does anyone else get this and is there any concern with it?
That can be a sign that your soil is staying too wet. Normally with a SIP there is a moisture gradient (wetter below, maybe even dry on the surface) and the top dries out enough that that's not an issue.

The algae doesn't hurt the plant but it is a symptom of overly wet soil.

What size are your containers (5 gallons with Grow Bucket inserts, yes?), do you top water, how full do you keep your reservoir, etc.

Feel free to post pics here as it doesn't look like you have a journal.

What size are your containers (5 gallons with Grow Bucket inserts, yes?), do you top water, how full do you keep your reservoir, etc.

Correct on the bucket and insert. I think my issue is the initial top watering that saturates the soil to initiate wicking. I only water the res after that and to start only a quarter to a third until they begin drinking steadily.

Not Algae, I did have mushrooms a couple of grows ago that kept popping up under the plant, yeah the high humidity brings new things to the table.
I wonder if i put a piece of dry shroom under the earthbox cover would it take to the soil and regenerate 👀:laughtwo::idea:

Is there a better way to start from seed in the SIP bucket, and then initiate wicking?
Depends what pot and soil you're using I think. Trial and error may be the way to go. My LOS and no top water seems to work seamlessly, but if I top water at all the grow goes to hell and I have to fix things. Others have different experiences. For me it's solo to SIP bottom water only for the smoothest runs.
Not so much for many others with different setups. There is a lag in growth to start but I accept that.

I'm doing my first fabric pot grow again after 5-6 ? SIP runs
I'm kinda still looking for the right feed with the SIPS.. in the fabric pot I can use up my Biocanna nutes which I kinda really like as they are very simple to use and not a lot of components and I don't need to ph as when I've added the nutes to the water in the right ratio and I measure I am where I need to be, they work great in a pot BUT they are not great for the SIPs as they are not meant to go into a reservoir or sit in water for days and even when you top dress them they tend to make a smelly and slimy reservoir, smells like dead sealife on the shore, not nice.

I don't like the synthetics, they do work but that silts out like crazy and requires flushes.
So yeah I have three bottles of T.A. I'm not using as well.

The Bionova pellets I used now are interesting but are indeed a timing issue, I'm thinking planting into the SIP vs seeding into the SIP might also be a better move when using them.
I kinda do want to experiment a bit more with those.. as well I do like the just adding water process and they can veg a mean plant it seems
IMG_1714641278174.JPEG

And there's the Biotabs I want to try out in a SIP, as their site also states don't let the medium dry out, I think they like autopots, so I feel that's a good candidate.. and the process seems interesting, prep the soil with a starter, make a hole for the myco & bacteria where the plant goes, push down two tabs in the rest of the pot, and then just add water until week 5, then it's one feeding and extra bacteria and just water again till end. Or there's a PK compost tea as well you can bubble and add for week 5-6-7 of flower.

I feel with both of those methods I should also probably finally try to pack my SIP full of soil instead of working with the intermedium.. as this skews the system way more to hydro as most of my roots grow into the hydroton and into the res and don't care about the soil at all.

So yeah SIPs are great but I wanna find the breeziest feed.
Mega Crop works great. Only thing I use.

Mega Crop works great. Only thing I use.
Aha.. interesting.. only obtaining it here seems a hassle, only via Amazon.uk, I still have to order anything from Amazon at all as I always search for a real smaller shop to buy at and support.
And ordering through UK means extra costs since Brexit.

Not Algae, I did have mushrooms a couple of grows ago that kept popping up under the plant, yeah the high humidity brings new things to the table.
Yeah, I just plucked a small mushroom. I was a little concerned at first, but apparently it’s normal

Back
Top Bottom