Last male I grew I put him in a shed with a light. That contained his pollen enough for the yard to stay free of seed. So when the male starts to open its sacs and pollen is dropping I take a small 4 inch mirror and tap the colas over it then razor blade it into a jar. When done, over a week or two, I let it dry in a low moisture room for a few days, then put a pack of SILICA GEL in and into the freezer.
Thanks for all of the info, amigos. Will consider it all.

Will bring him inside instead og ridding of it. I do have silica gel pacs and looks like that I can collect a wee bit during the next 2-3 weeks, Some have already popped it would seem.

:Namaste:

New scope.. what y'all think 🧐?

Photo_2024-06-25 14_01_33_228.JPG

Photo_2024-06-25 14_03_13_546.JPG

Photo_2024-06-25 14_01_05_099.JPG

IMG_20240625_095442837_HDR.jpg

Photo_2024-06-25 14_04_04_894.JPG

Here's one for the Sippers! If you have followed you know I built two largish SIPs for an outdoor grow at a friends backyard. I haven't been able to visit for a couple of weeks, even though he just lives down the street. I didn't know what to expect but I was so stoked when I finally got to see them.
My friend says he fills the res with about 2 gallons every 2 days on these, a little less on the smaller one.

They are thriving!! Tall and lush, especially the Afghan Super Skunk on the left.

1000005057.jpg

1000005057.jpg

The plant on the right is a regular of unknown origin. I hope I'm not wasting a good summer on it. Stay tuned and find out

1000005056.jpg

1000005056.jpg

1000005058.jpg

1000005058.jpg

Afghan Super Skunk

1000005059.jpg

1000005059.jpg

Not me but the soil guy The Rev uses them and our @Krissi Carbone does too both with great outcomes!
Fantastic then! The girlfriend did good. She's always looking out for my cannabis growing addiction. In fact she refers to me as weed daddy. Lol Thanks for the response.

Next question...... My current girls in one gallon containers have only been top watered. Can I transfer them into a sip container at this point? Or is it better for them to be in sip containers from the beginning?
You can, but they'll likely take a couple of weeks to transition their roots and will look droopy and overwatered (because they are) in the meantime. But, once they get through that phase you'll get an acceleration in growth.

I like to get that transition period out of the way early which is why I build my SIPs in really small sizes too. I start out with 9oz SIPs, uppot to 1L SIPs, and then on to my 2G flowering buckets.

You can, but they'll likely take a couple of weeks to transition their roots and will look droopy and overwatered (because they are) in the meantime. But, once they get through that phase you'll get an acceleration in growth.

I like to get that transition period out of the way early which is why I build my SIPs in really small sizes too. I start out with 9oz SIPs, uppot to 1L SIPs, and then on to my 2G flowering buckets.
Thank You Azimuth. In that case I will wait on the sip containers. I already have had issues with my purple punch girl being very sensitive to over watering. She's very finicky and my blue sunset sherbert is no angel either. These two have been nothing but trouble. I swear I'm going back to northern lights and Lsd when this grow is over. I'm still new to growing but these two are driving me crazy and this should be a fun hobby.

Back
Top Bottom