Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

One of us needs to grow a JC2 so we know if it's like the old JC. Man that was a strong ass strain. Only thing similar I've had to it is JTR, similar genetics. I'm planning on breeding a JTR backcross next spring just to get a shit load of seeds. I have a couple of friends who want to grow some of them and pheno hunt with them. Could be fun. I love JTR. I'm praying my Chernobyl takes from the JTR side

Now that's funny shit. Kind of why I posted in sections this morning. Never tried the Jack's Cleaner but heard about it. Like you I loved the JTR. I don't care what genetics of the male crosses over in a hybrid. Both parents are great. I think the hybrid with the Genesis S-1 will better then making F-2 Jack's Cleaner seeds.

I'm holding tight to my older TGA seeds. Subcools home burned last year in Cali and he lost some of the original mother plants. He's selling stock now that some say is not original genetics. Who really knows. But I have original JC2, JTR, and others that I know are probably real thing. Those I'll breed eventually

I agree. All my TGA genetics I want to be able to self or breed with to save their genetics. I almost chose the Agent Orange instead of the Jack's Cleaner 2. I think it would make a real interesting hybrid with the Headband. Maybe better then the JC2 for flavor. The fact that I am getting the Genesis changed all that. It will be a better hybrid then the Headband. I plan to self the Headband so any hybrid with it will just be a back up. Now the main hybrid is the JC2 X Genesis S-1

And the grow changes again LMAO. I managed to get my hands on the Grimm Headband x C-99 so it will be replacing the 707 Headband with it. I really want to save this tell I am a lot better at selfing I am only going to get one good chance. Well my hands are not on them yet but they should soon be LOL. Going to be a lot of Grimm genetics going this time. I almost decided to call it the Grimm Grow. I am a 1 journal guy so we will keep it all here LOL.

Breakfast with MrSoul yesterday was and will always be a high point in my life. Those of you that know me know I am a genetics nerd. Talking genetics with Mrsoul for even a short time was beyond interesting. They are going to have some really cool stuff coming out. Some of the genetics I got have not even been released yet. Who needs a fancy package when you are getting strains no one else has yet.

Going to have a great chance to explore tolerance now. I know I have tolerance issues. That is one of the reasons I grow so many strains at a time. That way I can give strains a break here and there. Having so many strains with C-99 genetics in them then following it with a C-99 grow I might run into problems. I have Cinderella 99 now and will be growing it or a hybrid of it in my next 2 grows. That's a lot of Cinderella. I have not ran this much of one genetic for 10 years. I don't think this will be a problem. No way to find out until we try lol. All I know if it does that could really suck.

While I like to growing and love watching budding plants fill out. I think it is the high that interests me the most about pot. So many strains that effect you so many ways. We all know the basic's. Up, down, heady or body, It is so much more then that. My biggest beef is with boring highs. Yes the strain is strong might have good flavor. If all it does is get you stoned that is not enough for me. All strains and highs sativa indica and hybrids will can be mood elevating. Why just be stoned when you can be happy stoned. It doesn't have to be giggle weed for it to elevate your mood. Thought provoking and creative are the same thing. The great ones will put a smile on your face with out realizing it.

So now I grow and I search. If I grow a strain and it is does not have any of these qualities I won't grow it again. No matter how strong, big or tasteful it is. I know there is a strain that will be able to and I will find it. I always talk about terepenes and flavor those are still important. Thing is now I know there are strains that will have it all. Same for every one else I would bet. There are going to be a few strains that are perfect for everyone. Thing is that it takes time to look. Don't settle for boring weed no matter how strong it is. Find that strain that makes you smile while it does it.

It seems a lot of heirlooms and landraces have more of the mod elevating effects, I really think the entourage effect is bred out of a lot of new hybrids.

I only grow 6 plants, 2 are always landraces, this year Afghan Kush, last year Hindu Kush. They are a baseline for me from which to explore other strains, this year, GG4 and Wiz Khalifa. Of interest are not only the high, but also strength, insect tolerance, and beauty. A heads up after chopping the GG4 is their brittleness. Maybe supports next year for the grow-the forum should help with this problem, and they do not resist/repel insects as the landraces I have grown do. Hybridization genetics give and they take, no? Feminized seeds for next year include GG4 and White Widow.

It seems a lot of heirlooms and landraces have more of the mod elevating effects, I really think the entourage effect is bred out of a lot of new hybrids.

Bred out or bred in. While land race strains don't do well indoors they do have character. Afghani is great but once it meets a sativa everything changes. Not always for the best.
With the new stuff it gets worse in ways. Everyone wants to hit all the "Clone only" strains with White Widow or Blueberry. Yes they are great strains but they are still dated. The fact that they have used Blueberry so much it is being washed out and ruined. Yes those strains are stable and have a great record in hybrids but enough is enough. Why not self it if they know how to feminize strains. I don't understand why they would hit a 25% THC strain and hit it with pollen from a 18% THC strain.
2 reasons to do this. 1 they can't recreate the strain. or 2 they are watering down the genetics so they can keep something back for later. Pot strains are a big thing now. Places are releasing 4 or 5 new strains each year. Only a few great strains pop up each year. More money in crossing that clone with lots of stuff then just selling us a S-1

Bred out or bred in. While land race strains don't do well indoors they do have character. Afghani is great but once it meets a sativa everything changes. Not always for the best.
With the new stuff it gets worse in ways. Everyone wants to hit all the "Clone only" strains with White Widow or Blueberry. Yes they are great strains but they are still dated. The fact that they have used Blueberry so much it is being washed out and ruined. Yes those strains are stable and have a great record in hybrids but enough is enough. Why not self it if they know how to feminize strains. I don't understand why they would hit a 25% THC strain and hit it with pollen from a 18% THC strain.
2 reasons to do this. 1 they can't recreate the strain. or 2 they are watering down the genetics so they can keep something back for later. Pot strains are a big thing now. Places are releasing 4 or 5 new strains each year. Only a few great strains pop up each year. More money in crossing that clone with lots of stuff then just selling us a S-1
I'm wondering over the morning tea about saving some of what is good. I'd support a hideaway repository for the best cannabis seeds for humans, survivors perhaps, of the future.

Hate it when my little mind starts working. While I am really excited about all the quality genetics in my next grow. All that quality makes you wonder LOL. Now that I have a pretty good grasp on a supply of genetics for the future. It is time I start working on one of my projects. I talk about lots of ideas because I can't keep the damn thoughts from going through my mind. Most of those revolved around supplying genetics for the future. When I was younger I wanted to breed lots of strains. Now that I am older and supposedly wiser my dreams are much more realistic. I want great seeds to grow then I would be happy with one strain done right.

I have a F-1 hybrid that I have been saving to grow tell I had time to start searching through its pheno's. There is one that I am looking for. I don't know how prevalent this pheno is or if I will like it. The breeder knows what I like and found the pheno and pointed me in is direction. Not really sure what this strain has to offer but the genetic background make it really intriguing.

The hybrid is Tahoe Og x Seedking Purps. I know the Tahoe Og is strong as hell and the Seedking Purps was a great plant. The same male was used in other hybrids because of its qualities. No purple so I'm not sure why its called Purps LOL . Purple don't get you high so who cares about color. I am not going into what I am looking for. Its out there but I have not heard a reference to it in a long time. No one has ever taken a strain this way. I have tasted the flavor before so I know pot can have it. I just have no access to the strain that had it. Don't even know for sure what it is.

Thought this would be a good time to start looking. With the Tahoe Og involved I don't think strength will be a issue. Even if it is not great I have good enough genetics to make up for it. "The Game Begins"

I'm wondering over the morning tea about saving some of what is good. I'd support a hideaway repository for the best cannabis seeds for humans, survivors perhaps, of the future.

You should. We all should. Always keep a seed or 2 back for the future. Kind of like my grandfather used to say. "It is just as easy to run on the top half of the gas tank as it is the bottom half".
They don't talk about it. I bet there are some strains in the World Seed Suppository. There has to be. The place is designed to save the genetics of the world in seed form for the future. Way to many cultures use it for it not to be included. Medically it is becoming even more use full. All reasons they will include them. The people that run it are only thinking of the seeds and not the politics. The world might have to start over but i am sure they would think to save some land race strains at least. They also know that plants may need to be grown indoors. You would think they would do some of the indoor hybrids like Blueberry and some of the other legends

I have a butt load of typing to do so I might as well get it done. First off we have a update on the sativa grow. Everything is perking up nicely. The only problem plant is doing better now that I have some of the Lilly Miller B-1. I though it might be something else other then the magnesium. After dosing all the plants the sick one is looking lots better.
Here they are before I got all freaky on them.
This is after. Damn plants were 9 inches tall at flower and they still are. What the hell LMAO.
I deployed the anchor to tie the taller plants down.Looks like I will be growing sideways for the next couple weeks.

Today I am getting seeds wet for the fall grow. Thought I would get long winded with the explanation. Everything is grown for a reason here is a break down of the what and the why. First will be the number of seeds. All percentages are written Sativa/Indica so it is easier to understand. Here they are starting with the regular strains.

5. Jacks Cleaner 2, TGA seeds
80/20
56 to 70 days flower time.
This is a strain I have always wanted to grow. More so since I lost my best JTR female. Thought I didn't like sativa's anymore. Found out I was just growing the wrong sativa's LOL. Hoping this one will solve it. I only have a 5 pack of these. I will grow and finish them all. Biggest problem with 5 packs is you just don't know what your best plant is. It could be a male as easy as it could be a female. Going to make some regular hybrids for the someday pile. Regular seeds are lots better then none at all. I will use the best male for pollen.

10. Seedking Purps x Tahoe Og.
?
?
?
These are being grown so I can start looking through the pheno's. All males will be tossed. Lots here to look at so now that I have a strong lineup I can try a questionable strain. Going in blind on this one. Never grown it and I have never seen similar hybrids before. Main reason I am working with it.

Now for the females.

3. Genius S-1, Grimm
75/25
60/65 days flower time.
The main reason for running this one is for a suitable female for the Jack's Cleaner 2. Both are very strong sativa dom. hybrids. I plan to do 2 This one and one other. Either of which has a good chance of being great. As long as I have good sativas to grow I don't care if they are regular seeds or not.

4. Chocolate Mint Og. Humboldt
20/80
58-63 days flower time.
I have been looking for chocolate flavor for long time. Maybe there will be some in here. This is to try and see if I like it.

2 R.K.S. DNA
60/40
58-63 days flower
Another I am trying just to see what it is. I am hoping to maybe find some skunk in here. Still should be good. These were freebies so it's all good.

4. Headband, Humboldt
70/30
63-68 days
This is my go to strain. I will be cloning and selfing this strain along the way. I didn't get the hybrid I wanted so I am back to the real thing LOL. I did get a Headband x Skunk #1 hybrid. They are regular seeds so they will go this next run. By then I will have chosen my Headband to self so I better cross the best male with it. As with before regular are betterthen none. The Headband Grimm is working with is a clone only plant so I know it is a good one.

4. Basic Skunk 19 x C-99, Grimm
70/30
60? not sure of the flower time but it will be fairly fast. Both parents are.
This is another all around strain. It looks to be a mostly sativa but should be able to transition to afternoons well. Mostly I like the C-99 and hope to like her "True" hybrids. The older ones are to questionable for me. Stronger genetics now that Grimm is running again. Plus both are great strains.

1. Super Lemon Haze, Greenhouse
70/30
70-77 days flower
This is Jack's Cleaner's bitch. It is only here to get freaky with Jack's Cleaner 2. I really liked SLH when I grew it. Found a few pheno's with this strain. They all had lots of lemon which I liked. They varied from Lemon Skunk to Lemon Haze. Both I liked. Who knows the outcome of this. I like lemony sativa's so it should at least be that.

So there you have it. I took a reference from the past on the SLH write up. A few years back there was a video out about research on spiders with various common drugs. It was funny as shit. Biggest laugh was the spider on THC. It was so lazy it became the (crack spider's bitch ). Might just have to name this hybrid Crack Spider LMAO. It would be better as a Indica but I thought of it here LOL. Don't matter they will never be released anyway LMAO.

The anchor is awesome!

Afro engineering at its best LOL. I have seen sideways plants outside works great for tall strains. I will have to see what kind of trouble it can be indoors. Lots of light to everything that's for sure. Going to have to see how to keep it standing when it is flowering. It might create more problems then it is worth. I have to move my plants to much for Scrog.

I've been chopping the wos plants. I might have gotten some crappy ones. While trimming them and really looking closer, they have a serious lack of frost compared to my others. Hopefully they have some hair on their ass. Lol

Sometimes small trichomes deliver a lot maybe that's the case. Fingers crossed. I thought there was going to be a quality issue with the M.O.B. hybrid I made. Tell I looked at the trichomes that is. Thought there would be to many amber ones. What I found was the top gone on all of them. I had to take it so long into flower all the trichomes got brittle and started breaking off. There much have been a huge bowl of them on the floor when I swept the tent LMAO.

Well the deed is done. All seeds went into the dirt yesterday. All were popped except one seed from TGA. What the hell I paid good money for that seed. What slackers LMAO. Pretty sure one seed out of almost 30 is not bad odds. It may still pop it has only been 48 hours. Some seeds had tails that were so long I had to take care not to hurt them when planting. That's real good for 48 hours. 8 year old Purps x Tahoe seeds plumb wanted to grow they must have popped the first 24 hours.

I have to print a retraction. I said it, it was wrong so I should admit it. The strain I have been calling Seedking Purps is wrong. I didn't fully check info I was give but I printed it anyway . THIS IS WRONG. What was I thinking. I'm supposed to be the genetics guy. ( Always check genetic background) Seedking Seeds does not even have a Purps strain.

BCSeedking is the correct breeder. Lots of research must have went into that company name. Couldn't one of them have become Beanking. Hey wait that's a cool name! "Beanking Seeds". Those that know what they are would find them. Plus look at all the new market share you would get LMAO. Or how about Pinto's Beans that's even better

I do believe Random was mentioned in the description LMAO. Okay back to growing. The sativa grow is coming right along. I kind of like the Chocoloco. I am going to get some pics today. I have already started watching these plants. I really want to work with it in the future. No time like the present to see whats there. Plus I have what is left of the reversed Purple Betty pollen. (It wasn't properly collected). It was a afterthought. I don't think this will work but it doesn't hurt to try. Chocolate Purps sounds to interesting. I will do this one right later if this works or not. I am just hoping to get a few seeds to try and see what happens.

With this in mind I am going to get pics of all three plants so we can see together which one will be the best one to try. The fact that Chocolate Thai is known to have hermies makes choosing 2 a good idea. Any or all of these could hermie. If they do it will be my own fault. Yes they should mention this if they are going to sell genetics that have hermie traits. No one else does so why should they. I knew this info before I even ordered the seeds. Am I hopping that they used a hermie free female "hell yeah". If not I knew going in. The upside is pretty high if these seeds are good though.

The Colombian Gold still has Indica written all over it. Lots of strains leaves will get thinner as they go into flower. Pretty sure that is not the case here. I am showing no favorites here. It is being bent and twisted just like the others. It is responding to it so all is good. The big problem is. The Sterling Haze is a indica/sativa hybrid and it has smaller leaves then this land race sativa. It is a plant, it is growing, I will flower it. Its not that it bothers me that it is not Colombian it's that I have no idea what it is. At least with the Panama I thought it was a similar strain. With this one I have no clue. No big deal if it sucks but what the hell happens if it is great.

In the end having a indica in this grow is a good idea. I just need to find one that does well under the 12/12 from seed thing. I probably won't do this regularly but its is nice to do for long winded sativa's. Hard to care when Cinderella 99 does so well indoors and has a great sativa high.

Also new on the press's. I said I wasn't, I lied. I started 4 S-1's 2 Critical and 2 Tahoe Og. These will only be used to reverse. I know these strains so 2 plants will give me enough choices for which one to use. One indica and 1 sativa. Feminized seeds are always handy. I have room to do it and I need the practice. Both are great plants that is why they were selfed. I may still use a Jacks Cleaner 2 male but most hybrids will be done with either one of the reversed plants. 2 bottles of Tiresias Mist are on the way. During this grow I will be taking clones so I can self my Headband. One more chance to reverse a female before I do. Plus I am going to use the Critical to pollinate the best Headband. I like the high from it more then most indicas. I hope to have a Headband hybrid even if selfing fails.

So there you have it. I know I said I was read for a break from the plants. Didn't take one and now there is no chance for the next 9 months. With fall fishing fixing to kick into high gear. Hunting season weeks away and a full on grow. I am going to be busy for a while. Yep I should have taken that time off.

Back
Top Bottom