Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Got the tent cleaned up and operating. All 5 have been re-potted into 2 gallon pots. They are going to get a week more 24/7 then the stretch begins LMAO.
This is going to be interesting. The Chocoloco don't seem effected by the 24 hours of light. Different story with the Colombian Gold. It is short short. It seems to be stunted as the guy suggested they might. There should be some upward growth during the dark periods. With the CG and the Sterling Haze the lack of this stretch is a lot more noticeable. Still to be seen if they make that all back up. With new strains I really won't know for sure if it works or not.Fun to trynew stuff if it don't get in the way of progress. I hope it will help fill the tent with only 5 plants. I know I can fill it with 5 just not sure if they will in the time they are going to have. Only grow I have every done with out a Indica LOL.
Oh yeah. Mystery Haze is now Sterling Haze. I knew it was a freebie from way back but could only read the Haze part. Went back through my records and found it. It is a old Nirvana strain. I have had it so long you can't even find it under nirvana's strains anymore LOL. It is a Afghani x Haze. What percentage I don't know but they say a 11 week flower so I'm thinking 70/30 range.
Here is a pic for the see it to believe it crowd LMAO.

Look at that little Columbian Gold. It is the one in the lower right corner. From the looks of things this plant wants to be a indica. Short? Check. Fat little round leaves? Check Slow growth? Check. Back in the spice trade days. Seeds were another thing that were imported and exported. Marijuana seeds had to be among them. I have heard that that there are indica's and sativa's in Columbia. I mean way back when. We all know its there now. Pretty much the same thing as the upland and the lowland Thai. There was supposed to have been some natural hybridization over time. If that is true then someone must have did it on purpose. also.

I have also heard more about growers in Columbia that bred to improve their strains. More then you hear of it in other places at the time. I am sure they all did it in ways. Mostly they just improved them within their own genetic line. we will see what this one does.

Not that it matters to much, I thought i would correct myself. The Sterling Haze is a hybrid of Northern Lights x Haze #1. Noticed it when I was doing more checking. Supposed to be a pain in the ass to grow. Plus now I am seeing irregular growth Just what I was looking for. A hard to grow freak. If I had known this before I would have grown Purple Erckle LOL.

They sure do like all the new light. I want to run the light at a 1000 watts .Light penetration is not a big problem with 4" tall plants so I might hold off tell they go in flower next week lol. Going to top a couple of the Chocoloco today or tomorrow. 5th set of leaves are out. Just need room to snip

That's about it for today. 5 small plants and no fishing so the brain is pretty much on stand by LMAO.

Topped 3 plants yesterday then I had to figure out what to do with the other 23 hrs and 45 minutes of the day. Colombian Gold plant is starting to take off. Still got them cute little round leaves. A couple years ago I grew out a Panama from World of Seeds. It did not impress. It came out looking like a indica too. Thought I had ordered the wrong seeds. They had a Panama x Afghani at the time so it could have happened. The seed pack was gone by the time I noticed it so I never had a chance to check. I just assumed I had the wrong genetics maybe not. I may never know with these either if things stay this way. I should be able to have some kind of idea after I try it.

The damn Sterling Haze has is a poly. That is it has started to produce triple sets of leaves. That does not mean it will have odd looking buds. This condition usually goes away after they start flowering as the internodes start rotating. I topped it so we shall see if I get three branches.

Kingjoe looking good. Trailer Trash Betty will stay kind of fluffy well into flower. Don't worry she will add tons of weight at the end of flower. It produces well indoors going to be cool to see what a big outdoor plant will do. Could be real interesting.

It’s a
Kingjoe looking good. Trailer Trash Betty will stay kind of fluffy well into flower. Don't worry she will add tons of weight at the end of flower. It produces well indoors going to be cool to see what a big outdoor plant will do. Could be real interesting.
pleasure bro thank Grow her out love her

And here we have my little Colombian Gold. I am so over World of Seeds. The Panama I got from them looked and smoked like a indica. It looked just like this plant. I am going to grow it out but at this time I don't see anything close to 70 or 80% sativa in this plant. Hell the leaves overlap so much you can only see a small portion of some of the fingers. I know sativas can and do have indica growth patterns. I really don't see that here. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

I hear you about the Indica looking leaves. I've personally had good luck with W.O.S so far. I have couple of their Afgan x black Domina in flower now. I also have a DNA chocolope that's supposed to be 95% sativa. Looks like a indica so far :hmmmm: . Shit makes me wonder sometimes. Lol
IMG_20180822_183108510.jpg

Yeah I always knew the Santa Marta had some indica in it. That is kind of why I got it. It is one area that the growers tried to breed it better over time. This is way more indica then I expected. Have to wait and see. Real funny Mi. I trust DNA's genetics and have always did good with them LOL. Totally opposite with you and W.O.S. genetics. It could be this is not good pheno who knows.

All the sativa's and what ever that C.G. is went into flower yesterday. Tallest one is 9 1/2 inches tall. The topped Sterling Haze is the tallest. Funny plant though. Never had a plant got to rotating leaves and branches so early before. It had 2 sets of double leaves 1 set of 3 leaves and then went into rotating branches It is nothing too weird as all plants do it later in flower. I topped this plant so maybe this will go away on the new branches. This plant grows more like a clone then a seed.

These plants have had nothing but 24 hours of light since they were planted. From what I hear they will make up all that night time stretch now. Between it and the normal flowering stretch I hope to get these 5 plants to fill the tent.

These summer grows have me all screwed up. Grew to much indica last time. Now I am following it with a all sativa grow. Can't wait to get back to planned out grows lol. If the Chocolate Thai is what it is supposed to be it shouldn't be a problem. It should have a calming effect and not be racy like some of the other Thai's.

Only have enough sativa to be active 25% of the time now LMAO. Couch and bed time strains are well represented giving me plenty of ass time:cool:

Hopefully it has the effect you are looking for. The chocolope I have going is similar looking to couple other peoples on here. We all started them within couple of weeks. 95% is the closest thing to a pure sativa that I've ever had. Hopefully it has sativa effect too. I have a Chernobyl finishing up that has way skinnyer leaves than it has. I have high hopes for DNA as I have bought 3 packs of their beans. I have a Rocklock seedling from them going now too

Well my new seed connection came through. Or it should anyway. Headed out in the morning to pick up 4 new strains. I will be starting seeds for the winter grow soon so the timing is perfect. I will be including 2 of them in each of my 2 winter grows.
As we all know the supply of quality genetics is our main concern. I have tons of seeds. Most are all older genetics that I plan to stock pile. With a regular supply of quality genetics without having to do it by mail. I plan to change how I grow. Why breed when there are others doing it that have access to better genetics, I will always find and self my favorites but don't plan on doing any other breeding with males other then the next 2 grows. I still want to do one with a journal. Going to change what I am working with though.
I know I liked Headband Haze but it has been done. I still think that the Cannalope Haze is the perfect haze to do this with. I will have to wait to make a feminized one someday. Right now I think the Jacks Cleaner 2 is one of the strongest strains I have. I am going to use it to cross with the Headband.
Plan now is to buy my great tasting genetics and breed for power. Might as well go for punch you in the face strong. Only going to be 2 hybrids with the J.C. 2 The Headband of course, then one more of the feminized strains I am running. It will be my high powered sativa if it all works out. The genetic mix should throw some true winners. One way or the other it will supply lots of regular sativa seeds. From those I will find the one sativa I want to self.
Cinderella 99 is my top sativa and will probably stay that way for a while. I like iy that much. Going to need at least 2 more good sativa's though.

One of us needs to grow a JC2 so we know if it's like the old JC. Man that was a strong ass strain. Only thing similar I've had to it is JTR, similar genetics. I'm planning on breeding a JTR backcross next spring just to get a shit load of seeds. I have a couple of friends who want to grow some of them and pheno hunt with them. Could be fun. I love JTR. I'm praying my Chernobyl takes from the JTR side

Running at the mouth this morning LMAO. I wanted to make a separate post just for this next run's genetics. It is just that good. This has to be my strongest line up I have ever run. Here are the strains and the breeders.

707 Headband fem, Humboldt seeds
Jack's Cleaner 2 reg, TGA seeds
Chocolate Mint Og fem, Humboldt seeds
Lost Coast Hash Plant fem, Humboldt seeds
Genesis S-1 fem, Brothers Grimm
Basic Skunk 19 x C-99 fem, Brothers Grimm

The other hybrid with the Jack's Cleaner 2 will be with the Genesis S-1. Both are high powered sativa's. They are also fairly fast maturing for sativa's so I might as well cross them. I will always want something like this so I might as well make a lot of regular seeds. Now way I will not find something great from this F-1.

So what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom