Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Of course I'm going to say 818 Headband. With a 6 plant count it might be best to start one. To late to replace the one in flower but one in veg could catch up. Or you could move one to flower and start 2. With only 6 plants it is hard to make the others make up the weight without a lot of extra time.
Don't count out the Grape Krush yet. Could just be a slow grower. You find that a lot in some of the Grape strains.

2 of the Chocoloco are still taking off. 1 still shorter and has my interest. Hermies are going to be the key here. It is a known trait of Chocolate Thai. It all matters how much time Vision put into it. Chocolate flavor or not I just don't want hermies. Pretty simple LMAO.

Blueberry Headband is continuing impress. Just needed to see it on its own. Wrecked the hell out of yesterday lol.

Here is a look at the sativa's. Everything is going according to plan. Should be re-potting and moving them under a HPS today. Time to get these girls stretching. The 2 on the right are the taller Chocoloco. The one in the center is the shorter one. Both taller ones are leaning so it is not as noticeable. I still think the short one is going to have more of the Chocolope genetics. Which would make it the better choice for indoor.

I am still trying to decide. Normally I would do 3 gallon because of the size I expect them to be. Most grows I do 2 gallon and do just fine. They seem to suck up the nuits better that way. Then I can feed them to the end. I run into more troubles then it is worth with 3 gallon pots. Plants get wider but don't produce that much more. Maybe if I went to 5 gallon or more things would be different. 1 gallon more soil is not going to be enough for major changes.

All this works with my grow style. Not much of a style. It is just what works for me. There may be a day when I need more out of each seed. I will have to adapt then. Now I am just going to grow more seeds. For me 1 1/2 to 2 ounces is easy to do per plant. I can live with that. Most strain can get to that weight too.

I'm going to try and not over veg on my next run. I'm terrible for over vegging and they become a p.i.t.a to work with. I usually flower in 5 gallon construction buckets from Lowe's or home Depot. Mainly because I'm cheap and I like the handle on them. I always have more than I need, but I was gifting some to a friend who had cancer. He's lost his battle awhile back. I've considered flood and drain table setup, but my water is terrible

The 5 sativa's are spreading there roots. I don't recommend using clear cups for starts. They were all I could get and have yet to use them. In time they will get stuff growing on the sides of the clear cups. should be a problem here as I don't plan on leaving them in the cups for long.
I know things happen fast with new sprouts. I was supprised yesterday to see roots all the way to the bottom and spread to the sides. That's a lot for just 2 or 3 days. Going like a weed LMAO.
All is out of the tent now so it is clean up time. Still have a lot to do in the next month or so to get everything ready for the Fall/Winter grow. Everything will be in tents this year.
Can’t you just put the plastic pots in like bigger red solo cups to protect roots from light ?

Well well well. A package showed up today. Chocolate Mint Og and Cannalope Haze may have made the new line up. Everything revolves around what happens when I go to Colo. at the end of the month. I may just be growing all kick ass females. Blue Giloto and Franco's Lemon Cheese sound real good too. If I am not going to have to worry about quality genetics for a while. All my regular strains will be put away. I still have the likes of Lost Coast Hash Plant, Headband, Chem and a few really interesting diesels that came as freebies.
Can't forget to grow some stuff that is not super strong.
Im really digging the aroma off my chemdawg auto man so interested to try it can never find it

I must have something wrong up-stairs. No matter how hard I try to plan a total female grow I can't. Lots of ideas about what to grow. All my ideas still want to revolve around a regular strain. That's not a problem I have grown them for years. Its the fact that I can't just throw out the males. Maybe it is the creating thing. That won't work because half the time I am wanting to recreate a strain I liked. Its not price either as I find the seed prices acceptable. I guess it all revolves around the type of high. By now I know I only really like about 30% of the strains I grow. Most of it is still great weed just not right for me. What is great is that I can find what I want in all types. Sativa's Indica's and Hybrid's
Blueberry Headband is a example of what I want to do. I had planned to grow and cross Blueberry with the best Headband I had. Blueberry is about as stable as a hybrid gets. That would help in most situations. I don't need stable I am not trying to create a strain for sale just to grow. The hybrid I planned would not have been right anyway. I would have been making a Headband Blueberry. The male is always last. Ended up the Blueberry Headband I got has more of a Blueberry high then a Headband one. I may try the Emerald Triangle Blueberry Headband one someday.
With that all said. Headband Haze is also a favorite. Not sure what Haze they used in making it. It was the Headband high I liked anyway so it won't matter. The Cannalope Haze I just got will be perfect to use. Also a reason I bought it. It is a really mellow Haze with a great happy high. It will also come out right with the Haze as the male. I know what pheno of the Headband I want. I should have no problem finding one in a 5 pack. I had 2 last time. Second best was pretty damn good too. So I am sure I can get a plant with that Headband flavor and high. My choices at males isn't as good with the Cannalope. I have only grown feminized seeds of the Cannalope so far. With the Blueberry I would have had a better chance at the male being a good one because of stability. Cannalope may be fairly stable also I don't know, Chances it being as stable as the Blueberry are slim.
So my choice to go with. The Haze may be the wrong one. My choice LMAO. No better way to get a bunch of seeds then to cross a true male to a female. I may never get to grow the amount of plants I am right now so the time to breed is now. Now to decide if I use more then one male if I get them. I want to be able to find a great Headband Haze. If I use one male and choose wrong. I could be left with a bunch of seeds I may not really like. They are not going to suck but they may not be what I like. If there are 2 or more males and I grow and use all of them to pollinate the right Headband. Then what I want will be in there somewhere. Just lots more pheno's to choose from. Might be more then I want to go through.
The plan now is to grow all males out. Most likely I will only use the earliest male. Plant structure and internode spacing will be considered also. If I find all the right things in one male so be it. If not then I will have to make some decisions. As always if I am going to save a male I will want to have other strains that would work good in a hybrid.
I have strains for that also LMAO. The main reason I have Franco's Lemon Cheese as it is a hybrid of 2 of my favorite strains. Soooo why not make it 3 of my favorite strains and throw Cannalope at it. Could work who knows.
I still plan to work and make only feminized strains in thefuture. Headband Haze is one strain I can't "Not" do. So I will do it. Going to be really hard to find the right daytime sativa to go with these high powered hybrids. The Cannalope is great while it didn't put me to sleep it also didn't motivate me either. Something I like to see in my daytime sativa's.
Jack bro I’m telling you you won’t be disappointed with emerald triangle genetics man they are fire brotha .

I would love to try that both great smokes Indica side of blueberry to be heavy relaxing feeling and the sativa side of headband uplifting effect ?

Hmm interesting info bro

Happy weekend bro

Just remember the frosty ones don't mean more potency, but it sure doesn't hurt! Lol
I’ve learned that I’ve had buds that I’m like hmmm but end up going wow what a punch .

Good point✊

Agreed Pennywise. This one does happen to be pretty strong LOL. So much difference in trichomes. Little tiny ones that look like dust others so big they look like sugar crystals.
It is surprising how "little" you can tell about a plant from the trichomes. You really can't even tell how the flavor will be. I have had plants with big huge trichomes that didn't carry much flavor. You would think huge ones would have more terepene's which would equate into better flavor. The most best tasting Haze I have ever grown had tiny little trichomes that carried tons of flavor and THC.
Don't even get me on the fact they are now hiding CBD in them trichomes LMAO. Don't get me wrong I like my CBDdurban just fine. They it is a 1 to 1 strain with 8 to 10% CBD/THC. My guess is that is exactly what I got. Yep all those trichomes look like 20% to me. 10% and 10% makes 20% LMAO.
That trailer trash betty isn’t producing the strongest of aromas but she sure looks pretty and looks like she is going to stack very nicely .

Maybe she is a late bloomer in the aroma department?

Going to start the long process of figuring out the next grow. The trip to Colorado might change it some. Other then the Canalope Headband hybrid. The plan is to grow the best female seeds I have. Lots of great stuff to choose from so it could be anything. Problem is covering all my needs. I am going to have all this sativa coming so I might just grow hybrids and indicas. Could be a big mistake if they do not produce. Thinks go wrong I could end up on the couch tell spring LMAO.
Wish you the best buddy it’s an honour to be growing a seed bred by you .

Thank you very much .

Looks like I lost my following LOL. Just me and Mi now LMAO. Could be the fact it has very little to do with actually growing half the time.
I remembered that my second grow of the winter needs to be considered when I plan the first. Might be a change or 2 so I can grow my strongest genetics and still have the variety I want.

Okay now that I have the riff raff run off lets talk growing. STRETCH is subject today. I found out a little known fact. Not sure how true it is but it came from the guy that has taught me most of what I know about growing. He grows the same strains over and over and has had time to work with may strains this way. We all know plants stretch when they are put into flower. It is suggested to grow marijuana plants at 20/4 or 18/6 so the plants have sleep time. Plants stretch and grow in these dark hours. Plants grown under 24 hours of light will not grow as tall as those that are grown with 20/4 or 18/6. From what I have been told is plants grown with 24 hours of light store some of that stretch. When they are put under 12/12 all that stretch comes back. Normally this would be a problem if you grew them to a usual height. With this Sativa grow that is not going to matter so I am going to go with it. All plants will be way short when they go into flower so they will have lots of room to stretch. I almost turned the lights back to 20/4 but didn't we shall see what happens.

Not sure if I will use this info in the future or how but it is nice to know. There are a few things that I have learned along the way that are not in my skill level. Something everyone needs to understand to do well. Stay within your limits. As you learn then you can improve. Marijuana is a weed and normally simple to grow. It is the growers that make it difficult most the time.
Great read and completely agree nice job loupe ✊

Of course I'm going to say 818 Headband. With a 6 plant count it might be best to start one. To late to replace the one in flower but one in veg could catch up. Or you could move one to flower and start 2. With only 6 plants it is hard to make the others make up the weight without a lot of extra time.
Don't count out the Grape Krush yet. Could just be a slow grower. You find that a lot in some of the Grape strains.
I grew some 818. Headband from roserva privada awesome
Stuff there too

Back
Top Bottom