Pennywise Strikes Again

Start training Haze early or they’ll get away from you.

I'll top her first chance I get for sure. My guess though is that if she's going to be super stretchy, I won't need to veg her for 8 weeks to fill the 3x3. Even better. With the longer flowering time, I'd like to get her vegging early, and maybe even early enough that she's ready to flip within a week of the current 3x3 resident being ready. I just flipped her yesterday (Deluxe Sugar Cane from IHG, supposed to be about 8 weeks +/-) so maybe I'll drop her in about 4 or 5 weeks. Put her in the 1x3 side under the shop lights to veg.

Easily triple the stretch
Uh-oh! I am in the process of re-organizing the garden so I can flip my Bruce Banner and from this info not a moment too soon. This is going to be interesting. It's already almost the same height I flip most plants. :oops:

@Mr. Krip

Hmm decisions, decisions...

When growing multiple plants I may go for LST and supercropping.
When growing one(I will do this occasionally), I may get a net. As it sounds like it may be easier with just one plant vs two or more but I could be wrong...
LST is being deployed no matter what.
Ya just gotta make a decision and go with it. You'll probably try all methods as you move along and really you should. Can't find what you like unless you try it. Scrog is labor intensive...lst is just as effective in some cases. What always works is just letting nature take its course and leave her alone..lol. But, our desire to get more always has us seeking that next best thing.

I was meaning the Nevilles, I’m pretty the Bruce Banner is Double in stretch
Thanks for the info Penny but double will still be a challenge facing the HULK. :p

@Pennywise

Sorry man, I feel like I sort of high jacked this thread... I can figure out how to move my convo out if you want me too. I meant to say this yesterday...

@JimJonesJr

LST for me it mainly to help control height in stretch. If I was outside or in a room vs a tent I would probs do both(let nature run it's course and LST) and see if there was enough of a difference to warrant my effort. Hell I may do LST on one and not the other and put them both outside - I plan on growing inside and out sowhy not. The problem there is I will only be using five gallon pots so it will probs hit root bound at some point.

Holy crap! That’s just wild stuff right there.

Makes me wonder about the killer A5. I may have to flip that pretty early if they’re gonna do all that fun stuff. :rofl:

It isn’t difficult really. You top above node 4 (wait for node 5 to be out a bit so you can leave a little stem above node 4), remove nodes 1 & 2, and there ya go.

From there you gently bend and train the branches out horizontal, typing down with plant wire, soft pipe cleaners, whatever. It’s like a mainline, flux, etc in that regard. The nickname quadline comes from it leaving 4 nodes after the top. Where this one gets a jumpstart is it only takes 1 top to get there. With a mainline it would take 2 tops to get to that point, so quadlining saves a week or so in veg as it doesn’t have to recover from a second topping.

Info saved in my cloning, topping, etc word doument. Thanks!

@Pennywise

Sorry man, I feel like I sort of high jacked this thread... I can figure out how to move my convo out if you want me too. I meant to say this yesterday...

@JimJonesJr

LST for me it mainly to help control height in stretch. If I was outside or in a room vs a tent I would probs do both(let nature run it's course and LST) and see if there was enough of a difference to warrant my effort. Hell I may do LST on one and not the other and put them both outside - I plan on growing inside and out sowhy not. The problem there is I will only be using five gallon pots so it will probs hit root bound at some point.
You should be good in 5gal. If I remember right the common practice is 1gal per month of growth. The roots will eventually halt growth in the flower stage so I kinda doubt your going to run into any rootbound problems.

You should be good in 5gal. If I remember right the common practice is 1gal per month of growth. The roots will eventually halt growth in the flower stage so I kinda doubt your going to run into any rootbound problems.

Yeah from now on I will start in a 1 gallon and transplant into a five a gallon as it will make for an eaiser transplant when the time comes and I will only be doing it once. I don't mind transplanting as I like playing in the dirt but the less stress on the plants the better imo. I will use a lighter soil for germination and put higher nutrient dirt in the bottom 1/4 - a little less than 1/2 of the pot. I am sure I could use the soil I used from the start but I would hate tostunt or kill the seedling.

Have anyone used a light starter fertilizer in a seedling dirt?

I replied to another silica question a bit further down...its Harvest Gold Organics. I want a few more grows under my belt before I try a long flowering sativa. My last kush grow was 16 weeks, 6 veg & 10 flower, already a bit too long for me.

Sorry I don't always see answers as I scan the thread. I probably miss a lot of valuable info and things I could ask about =[

Sorry I don't always see answers as I scan the thread. I probably miss a lot of valuable info and things I could ask about =[
The search box works great for questions. Sometimes you have to reword a search a few times but eventually you'll find any basic info you need. A journal is another way of getting your questions out there and you have everything in one place. I don't see a journal for you yet. Ya may consider starting one.

Back
Top Bottom