Pennywise Strikes Again

I do this, or whatever you want to call it, to my plants. Photo, auto, it don’t make a shit. I prefer it to scrogging for several reasons. First, teardown/cleanup is easier. Second, I feel it trains better. Third, your plant isn’t tied to a screen and difficult to move if needed.
Totally agree. My first grow I used the scrog method and as far as controlling the plants it worked fine but in every other way it was a total pain in the butt especially I found when trying to water plants. I switched to quadlining and supercropping which I find works just dandy.

There is my order from Attitude Seed Bank. Happy that went through. Thanks again multiVortex. Funny I don't even recognize any of the freebie strains.
Annotation 2020-08-05 214038.png

It appears the scammer will take a person's personal information to buy/send products to so they can in turn write a fake review using your name. I can't remember what the name of the scam they used was but it's not something new apparently.

That’s some crazy shit. I got two boxes from amazon Monday. One was what I ordered, the other (which was the right name/address) was not. It wasn’t in my history, either. I blew it off as a mix up, but this has me thinking.

Thank you so much, multiVortex. I checked out Attitude and yes you were right all my strains were in. The Killer A5 Haze only came in five packs and they wanted about $140 so I just went with the other three and it came out to $209 .44 Canadian which works out to157.98 US. With my super lemon haze arriving in a few days I should be set for quite a while. Thanks again! :thumb:

Not bad. I grabbed a fiver.

The Nevilles and the Golden Tiger are long flowering and will stretch to the point they will really test your skills.
Bruce Banner is already testing me to the point I may have to surrender and break out my spare blurple to start flowering her because it is getting so tall I am running out of height and the MegaLight is still budding the GG. I have already super cropped a lot of branches several times and they seem to be growing immune the way they spring right back up. She's in a 10-gallon pot but her trunk is a fraction the size of the Gorilla Glue when I flipped it so maybe in the future I will start growing Sativas in 5-gallon pots instead of 10-gallon and not veg them as long.

My 2 hazes were started under 11/13 lighting. The Bandaid Haze is up to my chest and still stretching.
Wow. That is nuts. I would have expected a plant started under 11/13 would flower as a small plant and be about a foot tall.

Bruce Banner is stretching at a fair pace but just bounces right back when I super crop it. I just took this picture today where I supercropped a branch about a week ago and I only gained about an inch and a bit in reducing height but it grows that much almost in a day. Totally different than Indicas.

IMG_5943b.jpg

Totally agree. My first grow I used the scrog method and as far as controlling the plants it worked fine but in every other way it was a total pain in the butt especially I found when trying to water plants. I switched to quadlining and supercropping which I find works just dandy.

I will def be reading more into quadlining. I know what topping is and I know what fiming is. Idk that I will fim so hopefully that's not quadlining. I have seen some pictures of plants wher epeople say they have quadlined and thought it looked benefical to indoor growing. I haven't looked into how it's done or anything though.

What type silica are you using? :thanks:
I use Harvest Gold Organics...basically a bag of sand. I just bought a 15 pound bag for future grows since they are having a sale now plus free shipping. My first 2 grows were both indica hybrids so genetics may have contributed to the sturdy stems. But all buds were large and no staking required. I will continue to amend soil with silica.

Thanks for the great input. I am pretty much settled on LST, supercropping and the occasional topping. I may top sooner than I think because I will have to be a little more aware of height in a tent. I plan on using the tops as clones because I don't just want to kill them.

What silica are you using. I may give it a go.

I have been seeing lolipopping, defoliation and a few other techniques that are quite similar to these. I plan on just letting the plant show me it's canopy and trim accordingly rather than trying anything like that.

I want to try quadlining also.
I replied to another silica question a bit further down...its Harvest Gold Organics. I want a few more grows under my belt before I try a long flowering sativa. My last kush grow was 16 weeks, 6 veg & 10 flower, already a bit too long for me.

My 2 hazes were started under 11/13 lighting. The Bandaid Haze is up to my chest and still stretching.

Holy crap! That’s just wild stuff right there.

Makes me wonder about the killer A5. I may have to flip that pretty early if they’re gonna do all that fun stuff. :rofl:

I will def be reading more into quadlining. I know what topping is and I know what fiming is. Idk that I will fim so hopefully that's not quadlining. I have seen some pictures of plants wher epeople say they have quadlined and thought it looked benefical to indoor growing. I haven't looked into how it's done or anything though.

It isn’t difficult really. You top above node 4 (wait for node 5 to be out a bit so you can leave a little stem above node 4), remove nodes 1 & 2, and there ya go.

From there you gently bend and train the branches out horizontal, typing down with plant wire, soft pipe cleaners, whatever. It’s like a mainline, flux, etc in that regard. The nickname quadline comes from it leaving 4 nodes after the top. Where this one gets a jumpstart is it only takes 1 top to get there. With a mainline it would take 2 tops to get to that point, so quadlining saves a week or so in veg as it doesn’t have to recover from a second topping.

Back
Top Bottom