OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Beautiful bud Vick. Those have some really nice color and look deliciously resinous. I'd love to have a jar of three of those! :yummy:

+rep

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

nice quality nugs there mate. Quality is king but they a little small for my taste lol. hydro = quality and size, i know u want it haha

Thanks C!
Haaaa!!! I do want it!!
BAD!!!
after this next Coco grow, I'm goin Hydro!!!!!

Holy shit, those girls are beautiful.

Thanks Dubbs! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful bud Vick. Those have some really nice color and look deliciously resinous. I'd love to have a jar of three of those! :yummy:

+rep

Thanks X man!

Getting reps from my hero feels pretty damn good..:cheesygrinsmiley:
I'd trade you three jars of this OG for a bud of your Deadhead Ripper!

Good luck goin hydro, i fear goin hydro lol too many things i can screw up at once :)
I might go CoCo tho since its easier to use Myco's and organics than hydro, do you like the CoCo media?

I'm loving the Coco media, "so far"..
It's so airy compared to just soil. Needs watering more often though.
Haven't really run into any problems yet. Been taking measure to avoid thrips and fungus gnats, cuz apparently that's the most important thing to worry about bug wise using Coco and Air pots where the media is so exposed. Mosquito dunks, sticky traps, should keep things in check.
I'm actually quite excited to move to hydro. I'm going to start with 5 gallon DWC's first til I get the hang of things, then after a grow or two, try RDWC. I just can't ignore the benefits of growing in this media. I could be doubling my yields!!

My harvest came at the perfect time because my babies have outgrown their little veg area. As you can see in the photo below, they're almost touching bulbs. A quick clean up in the tent, drop a Dockter Doom bomb, and the tent should be up and running tonight with the next gen babies all moved in to their new home!!

chop_9.jpg

Wow those veggers are lookin great! those are gonna produce very well my friend. :goodjob:

I briefly considered doing a DWC comparison plant this next go around, but I just dont think ive "got my feet wet" enough to handle such a big jump, thus my plan of CoCo. How often do you water with the CoCo? see in my mix of FFOF +30% pearlite i only water once maybe every 3 days usually like 4 days, also in CoCo i read theres little to no Mg? is that correct? if so im gonna need a Gallon of CalMg+ lol

Looking nice in veg there, good good.

To those considering hydro but are wary and a little anxious. Its far easier than soil, seriously. It does require the purchase of a quality ph meter and ec/ppm meter but that aside its so simple. U shouldnt ignore ph in anygrow and if u can understand that then ur 3/4 ways there. res temps are important but not the be all end all. If u can grow in coco u can grow hydro. Dont let complex words and things put u off. A bucket, an air stone, a ph meter and hydro nutes. PH5.4 in veg and PH5.8 in flower, stick to that and u cant go wrong, if u do it'll be a simple fix.

How often do you water with the CoCo? see in my mix of FFOF +30% pearlite i only water once maybe every 3 days usually like 4 days, also in CoCo i read theres little to no Mg? is that correct? if so im gonna need a Gallon of CalMg+ lol

There are no nutes in coco unles u purchase it with nutes in, i dont recommend this. Depending on size of pot/plant u would prob water/feed every 2 days. Mix with 50/50 perlite/coco to keep roots super airy. use coco/hydro nutes and u shouldnt need to supplement with calmag. if u have hard water cal/mag be in it, if u have soft water just use a soft water feed. in europe we dont really need to use cal mag as the quality dutch feeds add it where needed depending on soft/hard water. But u may need to add it depending if u using ro water and not soft water feed.

Thanks for the info, very good to know. I'm planning CoCo over hydro not so much that i cant handle it i guess, i could if i was 100% attentive to my grow and most of all didnt mine switching from Organics to chemicals. I really enjoy an organic product, always have, and ive always read that its very hard to use "raw material" Organics and Myco's in hydro because of clogging issues and bacteria build up and so forth, so i figure since organics can be used in CoCo just the same as soil its a great compromise for me of potency and yield.

Looking nice in veg there, good good.

To those considering hydro but are wary and a little anxious. Its far easier than soil, seriously. It does require the purchase of a quality ph meter and ec/ppm meter but that aside its so simple. U shouldnt ignore ph in anygrow and if u can understand that then ur 3/4 ways there. res temps are important but not the be all end all. If u can grow in coco u can grow hydro. Dont let complex words and things put u off. A bucket, an air stone, a ph meter and hydro nutes. PH5.4 in veg and PH5.8 in flower, stick to that and u cant go wrong, if u do it'll be a simple fix.

There are no nutes in coco unles u purchase it with nutes in, i dont recommend this. Depending on size of pot/plant u would prob water/feed every 2 days. Mix with 50/50 perlite/coco to keep roots super airy. use coco/hydro nutes and u shouldnt need to supplement with calmag. if u have hard water cal/mag be in it, if u have soft water just use a soft water feed. in europe we dont really need to use cal mag as the quality dutch feeds add it where needed depending on soft/hard water. But u may need to add it depending if u using ro water and not soft water feed.

Wow those veggers are lookin great! those are gonna produce very well my friend. :goodjob:

I briefly considered doing a DWC comparison plant this next go around, but I just dont think ive "got my feet wet" enough to handle such a big jump, thus my plan of CoCo. How often do you water with the CoCo? see in my mix of FFOF +30% pearlite i only water once maybe every 3 days usually like 4 days, also in CoCo i read theres little to no Mg? is that correct? if so im gonna need a Gallon of CalMg+ lol

Thanks D,
I've only been watering my veggers about once every 5 days. Just because they've been under T5's and CFL's. So not much heat, meaning not as much evaporation.. And that's watering 8 gallons of food/water into those 5, 35L pots. (with just a bit of runoff.) I'll have to see what happens once they're in their new environment/tent to see how the HID lighting affects temps and what have you's...
And yes to the Cal/mag. If you're just using Coco by itself you'll need it. I'm using a 50-50 mix of soil to Coco. But I'm still adding it at half dose to all my feeds. (no issues yet..)

thanks for the info, i think my next grow will be pretty amazing thanks to all the helpful info i get.
i'll definantly be going with 5 gallon buckets drilled out like air pots and GroTek CoCo + 30-50 % perlite, not sure whats best there.

What's ur favorite cal mg? theres quite a few on the market, Im thinking about using "General Organics CaMg+"?

Hey D,
any cal mag will do.
But if you're using the General Organics line they have one.. It's just called CaMg+
Pretty much every line makes their own cal/mag.

Picture_185.png

Im actually using Roots Organics and Aurora Innovations, but the calmag they make is a powdered crap that u gotta sit and dissolve for a few hours, not my style to wait when the ladys need water lol and im seeing mg def. here and there so its just not cutting the cheese, I was thinkin about General Organics, just because it keeps with the organic theme i got goin and its pretty affordable.

add a little cal mg first to see if that helps. the base nutrient should have enough in but it could be that ur ph is out a little or u are getting too much cal from water and its causing mg lockout. what is ur base nute?

I guess this journal will be coming to an end here pretty soon. I'll post up weights and smoke report after the 2 week, maybe 3 week cure. But first just a quick update on the next generation of lovely OG babies..
I completely bleached and scrubbed the whole tent. Then dropped a Dokter Doom fogger bomb. Let it air out all day, then moved the giggly teenagers into their new clean dorm room for the next few months..
I will be starting a new journal for this grow, and will link up for any of you that might want to jump on board. Everything's looking really healthy so far, and it looks like they're really starting to stretch their legs now. Thinking I'm going to leave the 5 in the configuration they're in now, then train the outer girls to hold hands like "ring around the rosie" round their big sister in the middle. Should fill in the tent quite nicely. Or I could cram one more plant in there to have three rows of 2. (thinking that might be a bit too cramped though.) I might still build some custom cages out of the ones I used in the last grow. And make larger square ones, so I can scrogg the tops of each plant.
Thanks to all of you that have contributed to my grows, and have helped me learn so much along the way!! I consider all of you my friends now.

Xlr8, Bassman59, Cultivator, OldMedMan, Jandre2k3, Buckshot, UrbanGrower, WhizHigh, donpaul.p, fishcake, JamesTheGreen, miwa, Mutt, Mr. Krip, Propa Gator, Icemud, GiGaBaNE, Norcaliwood, Popcorn, Mrgivemethat, jon705, Jimmycricket, Arizonameds, Aardvark, Delocated420...
I'm sorry if I left anyone out..

And most of all, thanks to 420magazine for making this such a positive and joyous growing experience for me!

:high-five:

OG_3_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom