OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

I have the MH hortilux for veg. I think its more in the red though. I really dont like it at all. But it does the job so I cant complain. I just like a more bluer light like the T5 of mine give off. Plants look better under blue light. But they had those bulbs in 430w, I keep seeing 430w bulbs. Would those fit in a 400w lamp? I meant to google that. Other then that, are you saying go with the Super HPS for veg and use the EYE HPS for flower?

I would..
Lot's of people on here use plain old HPS to veg and flower, and have yet to see an actual difference between using a MH.
I'm pretty sure those 430 watt bulbs fit into the standard mogul socket that's used for all lamps..

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

I would..
Lot's of people on here use plain old HPS to veg and flower, and have yet to see an actual difference between using a MH.
I'm pretty sure those 430 watt bulbs fit into the standard mogul socket that's used for all lamps..

Food for thought, when i plugged my "400w" hps magnetic ballast into my "kill-a-watt" to see what it drew, it drew 430w, could it be those bulbs are meant for magnetic ballasts rather than digital?

I would..

I will have to see if they are for magnetic ballast. Because I will go with those pronto. And im kinda pissed now, i didnt know you can veg with an HPS? I wouldve done that instead and kept my damn money. And I wouldve been put my plants into flower.

Would u recomend adding the KoolBloom to my plants towards the end even tho im using an organic line up by another brand? I would love to pump up my "pop-corn" buds at the end

Heck ya!
Well that is unless you don't mind veering from being "true" organic?
Lot's of people mix different lines together during their grows..
If you do decide to run it, say last 3 weeks.
start with 1/4 teaspoon per gal.
Then 2nd week, go 1/2 tsp per gal.
And if no burn by then??
3rd week go 3/4 tsp per gal!!
Stand back and watch your airy buds crystalize into heavy rocks!

make sure you flush really well for a week to 10 days before harvesting though.
And use 15ml per gal of molasses in your flush water. gives them the extra sugars they need to frost over.

Would u recomend adding the KoolBloom to my plants towards the end even tho im using an organic line up by another brand? I would love to pump up my "pop-corn" buds at the end

I would add some. If you have atleast a week or 2 more to flower I would throw some in there starting at 1/4 tsp. You just have to stop using it 5 days before you flush or harvest. Its worth it. Ive seen a youtube video some guy using it and his buds were huge, like cola monsters every where. So then this guy I ran into at the hydro shop told me its the best shit to use. Kool Bloom Dry that is. So I bought some. After that I ran into Vicks journal and found out threwq convo with him he's using it, so ofcourse I wanted to see the results before i used it and by golly the results speak for them selves!

I dont mine vearing from the true organicness for a significant boost in yield and potency, aslong as the end result doesnt come out harsh, we find everything we buy is harsh and makes us "hack" and what ive grown (only organics) tends to be 50% smoother even before curing, i have asthma and my father has COPD and lung cancer, he has to vape to keep from coughing but what we get is grown by a friend in hydro on lucas formula. any whooo i have 5 or 6 weeks before i harvest, so Vick if you could keep me posted on maybe a small smoke report? id greatly apreciate it :Namaste:

I will have to see if they are for magnetic ballast. Because I will go with those pronto. And im kinda pissed now, i didnt know you can veg with an HPS? I wouldve done that instead and kept my damn money. And I wouldve been put my plants into flower.

I'm pretty sure those 430's need to be used with a magnetic ballast but don't quote me on that.
Now remember, using a standard hps to veg isn't ideal. But some people do it anyway and say it works just fine. (for them)
I run a digital quantum 1000watt dimable ballast, so I think a Light EnerG super hps for (short term/secondary) vegging, and a Hortilux eye super HPS for flower will work ideally for me.
I wouldn't be pissed about your decision,
just grow with what you have, or what you can afford?

True, I have just been putting off the HPS because I wasnt ready to put them in flower yet. Plus I wanted the right bulb that has more blue then other bulbs. Dont want to get a bulb that I my self wouldnt be happy with once I light it up. Really its either be cheap or spend big. I cant find inbetween so I guess i have to spend big because I rather have quality. Besides that im adding a cool tube and I want to veg and flower with MH and HPS for alot better results

I dont mine vearing from the true organicness for a significant boost in yield and potency, aslong as the end result doesnt come out harsh, we find everything we buy is harsh and makes us "hack" and what ive grown (only organics) tends to be 50% smoother even before curing, i have asthma and my father has COPD and lung cancer, he has to vape to keep from coughing but what we get is grown by a friend in hydro on lucas formula. any whooo i have 5 or 6 weeks before i harvest, so Vick if you could keep me posted on maybe a small smoke report? id greatly apreciate it :Namaste:

The harshness would be strain and cure dependent I'm sure.
I can't stress enough the importance of a nice long cure.
It can make even sub par bud smooth out.

Sorry to hear about the asthma bro, and about your pop's lung Cancer.
That's a fucking bummer, no doubt.
Sounds like Vaping is the better option for you both.
But every now and again, and I'm sure you'll agree, nothing can substitute the taste and smell of burning one that's been perfectly cured.

I will be throwing up a smoke report for sure after the cure.
With plenty of nug shots and all dat!
From what I've smoked and vaped so far off this crop?
It's gunna be a killer trip..:headbanger:

True, I have just been putting off the HPS because I wasnt ready to put them in flower yet. Plus I wanted the right bulb that has more blue then other bulbs. Dont want to get a bulb that I my self wouldnt be happy with once I light it up. Really its either be cheap or spend big. I cant find inbetween so I guess i have to spend big because I rather have quality. Besides that im adding a cool tube and I want to veg and flower with MH and HPS for alot better results

A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do Whiz..
Do what makes you happy, but more importantly, what makes them happy too.
I personally don't care what color my lamp makes my plants look, I just want to give them the best option my budget will allow.
I'm always going to be upgrading my setup as funds allow.
But if in the process I save a few duckets? Then I'm not gunna complain about the savings.:winkyface:

Ill have to get myself a small bag of Koolbloom this weekend then, thanks for sellin me on it guys :)
And vaping probably is best, but i have my lungs controlled for the most part by an inhaled steriod called AdVair, i smoke mostly to relieve my crohns disease, and a good big bong rip always makes the pain go away :roorrip:
Cant wait to see your smoke report, in the near future i might get myself some OG Kush clones.

I veg with hps, but I also use 2, 4'shop lights with 6500k bulbs. have been since I started growing. usem start to finish
I got cfls later just to get things started while my girls finished on my last grow.
anyway I have been happy with the results. I might have $175 invested in the whole kit and kaboodle

I would add some. If you have atleast a week or 2 more to flower I would throw some in there starting at 1/4 tsp. You just have to stop using it 5 days before you flush or harvest. Its worth it. Ive seen a youtube video some guy using it and his buds were huge, like cola monsters every where. So then this guy I ran into at the hydro shop told me its the best shit to use. Kool Bloom Dry that is. So I bought some. After that I ran into Vicks journal and found out threwq convo with him he's using it, so ofcourse I wanted to see the results before i used it and by golly the results speak for them selves!

Ill have to get myself a small bag of Koolbloom this weekend then, thanks for sellin me on it guys :)
And vaping probably is best, but i have my lungs controlled for the most part by an inhaled steriod called AdVair, i smoke mostly to relieve my crohns disease, and a good big bong rip always makes the pain go away :roorrip:
Cant wait to see your smoke report, in the near future i might get myself some OG Kush clones.

Be careful with dry Koolbloom. By it's nature, it's supposed to "shock" the plants into more bud production. This isn't like most additives - it's a doozy that is literally meant to freak them out. I've used it, and I'd recommend that if you use it, dial back your primary base nutrients to about 1/2 strength, 3/4 strength, etc. at the same time. I've seen people kill their plants quickly with the stuff, too. It does work if done right, but it's not something I'd recommend to a newer or inexperienced grower necessarily. More isn't necessarily better with the stuff given that your essentially OD'ing the plant with bloom ferts when you use it.

On the bulbs... The company you guys are talking about (Light EnerG) makes a unique hybrid bulb with MH and HPS. I'd expect that to be an interesting bulb and great for all stages. The Super HPS version though that you guys are talking about... I'm not sure it's got anything going for it differently than an EYE Horti Super HPS does (which also claims to have advanced blue spectrum, btw) other than price (maybe I'm missing something?)

There are some really workable cheap HPS bulbs out there, but the quality, more expensive ones will hold their brightness for much longer and are built with much stricter engineering tolerances. After much research, I stuck to the Hortilux because they hold their brightness for a much longer period of time, and the quality is second to none. The only other bulb I'd consider, personally, as far as an HPS bulb would be an Ushio. I really wanted to find a cheaper bulb, too as I hate how expensive the Hortilux stuff is. But, I've seen comparisons (wish I remember where) that showed a much quicker drop off in brightness with the cheaper HPS bulbs, even if they were similar in the beginning.

This is hearsay, but I've heard that Digilux has a really bad rep with quality. I have a friend that handles returns for a hydro store near me. He claimed that Digilux bulbs were their most returned/defective item, period. I don't like hearsay normally, but he wasn't trying to sell me anything (I'd already bought some new Horti's) and he was in a unique position to provide this insight. Maybe they've worked the issues out (this was about 6 months ago).

Be careful with dry Koolbloom. By it's nature, it's supposed to "shock" the plants into more bud production. This isn't like most additives - it's a doozy that is literally meant to freak them out. I've used it, and I'd recommend that if you use it, dial back your primary base nutrients to about 1/2 strength, 3/4 strength, etc. at the same time. I've seen people kill their plants quickly with the stuff, too. It does work if done right, but it's not something I'd recommend to a newer or inexperienced grower necessarily. More isn't necessarily better with the stuff given that your essentially OD'ing the plant with bloom ferts when you use it.

On the bulbs... The company you guys are talking about (Light EnerG) makes a unique hybrid bulb with MH and HPS. I'd expect that to be an interesting bulb and great for all stages. The Super HPS version though that you guys are talking about... I'm not sure it's got anything going for it differently than an EYE Horti Super HPS does (which also claims to have advanced blue spectrum, btw) other than price (maybe I'm missing something?)

There are some really workable cheap HPS bulbs out there, but the quality, more expensive ones will hold their brightness for much longer and are built with much stricter engineering tolerances. After much research, I stuck to the Hortilux because they hold their brightness for a much longer period of time, and the quality is second to none. The only other bulb I'd consider, personally, as far as an HPS bulb would be an Ushio. I really wanted to find a cheaper bulb, too as I hate how expensive the Hortilux stuff is. But, I've seen comparisons (wish I remember where) that showed a much quicker drop off in brightness with the cheaper HPS bulbs, even if they were similar in the beginning.

This is hearsay, but I've heard that Digilux has a really bad rep with quality. I have a friend that handles returns for a hydro store near me. He claimed that Digilux bulbs were their most returned/defective item, period. I don't like hearsay normally, but he wasn't trying to sell me anything (I'd already bought some new Horti's) and he was in a unique position to provide this insight. Maybe they've worked the issues out (this was about 6 months ago).

Im using RootsOrganics "5ml" program, which is basically 1/4 strength everything (according to the back of my bottles) and ive seen some purpling on stems and a little bit of P def. on them so i figured id up my nutes (as stated in my journal) and then reduce it back to the 5ml program 3 weeks before harvest, drop the HPK and introduce the 1/4tsp kool bloom, would you say that doing so i'd be in the clear or would u say i still take a risk of burning them up?

I use KoolBloom dry and havent had an issue. I just listen to the guy at my hydro shop he said to use kkoolbloom at half strenngth when you start seeing the little nodules forming and hardening, then up it to full strength slowly. Ive nevver had a problem, I just be very careful like everyone is saying because it is very strong. Just my 2 cents

Oh and I dont adjust my nutrients at all, I just do a tea feeding before I start the koolbloom.

I was talking about the conversion bulb where you can germ to harvest with it (one in the video I posted). I do agree that the horts super eye lasts the longest but most people switch out bulbs every 2 grows max and I heard from numerous people that lumen loss is about the same. I'm not disagreeing with you at all bro, but I strongly believe these bulbs are being close to par, and it's half the price. Apparently they don't manufacture these bulbs anymore, and there's a strict amount of stores that have access to a warehouse full of overstocked inventory, and I heard that from more than one valuable source.

I will be doing a digilux vs hortilux vs light energ test soon as I have everything layed out. They will be three identical cuttings in three seperate rooms under the same conditions ( hoods, nutes, etc) and I will use a very good quality lux/fc meter to see the difference from beginning to finish(I will do 2 grows to see lumen loss output). Like I said man I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I've just heard great things about these bulbs from people who pull 2+lb per light but I will do a test to see the difference for myself. Whatever makes you and your plants happy is all that matters right?

Im using RootsOrganics "5ml" program, which is basically 1/4 strength everything (according to the back of my bottles) and ive seen some purpling on stems and a little bit of P def. on them so i figured id up my nutes (as stated in my journal) and then reduce it back to the 5ml program 3 weeks before harvest, drop the HPK and introduce the 1/4tsp kool bloom, would you say that doing so i'd be in the clear or would u say i still take a risk of burning them up?

pURPLE STEMS WOULD BE YOUR PHOSPHORUS DEF. Sorry for all caps, lol. But yea Im not to use to base organics as I only use organic additives. But I would add more bloom to balance out the P. But adding Kool Bloom would take care of that any way since its high in P any way. So I wouldnt worry to much about it. Purpling of the stems happens very often. Nothing to really worry about.

Also if your temps are to cold are if your fan is blowing close to your plants it will be harder for them to uptake P. So that could be the issue o. And during flower plants need to take up more P then anything else. So check this and go from there

Back
Top Bottom