OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

ok mate well i can only go off my own experience. I see lots of scientifc advice saying defoliation is bad too but experience says the contrary. I have just over a decade of growing experience and hundreds of grows behind me.

I dont dispute that there are benefits to using co2, like ive said over and over. The point is per watt there is a maximun of bud u can get and when it comes down to that the difference is small. Veg will grow more vigorously, plants will look greener etc, but the point is to get the best bud u can and like for like the END product is very little difference. Not only that but it takes alot of skill to use co2 effectively, its fiddly and a head ache. For the extra effort its not worth the hassle.

Thats just my opinion of using it for many grows with professional set ups. However for those of u that have the time try try new things and learn for urself, thats a good thing. But I will go with what i have experienced rather than what is said in a book or by a scientist. I like to think i know what im doing by now. :peace:

A WELL VENTILATED GROW SPACE WITH FRESH AIR REPLACED REGULARLY 4-6 TIMES PER HOUR IS EASIER TO CONTROL AND IS ALL YOU NEED FOR A GREAT GROW.

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

im not knocking your skills at all bro,I have also grown with and without co2 depending on wether or not I could afford it that round and like you said the benefits in time savings during veg alone is one of the reasons I like to use it.I got 60 oz last round without co2 and this round im using co2, should make for an interesting comparison:)

on average i get around 1.5g per watt. 1g per watt is very very easily obtainable. However it depends not just on light (although thats prob the most important), it depends on strain, grow technique, nute programme etc. hydro vs soil, veg time. all comes into play. I veg 2 weeks in hydro (well rooted cuttings) and under 2 600w hps i'd be pretty dissapointed to get less than 60oz.

1.9 pds per 600w hps!very impressive bro:adore:

Like i said mate it all depends on how u grow, what strain u grow, type and strength of light and type nutes used. I have a basic base nute with additives for root health and bloom boosters.

Im not sure what u could achieve in soil, its been so long since ive grown in it. But alot less if its like for like hydro. check my grow out, ive just switched to flower so i can show u one, no actually 2 of my grows.

Day 56 of flower update!
Hi everyone, here's a quick update that I was supposed to do last night, just got way too busy..
The big girls got their last meal Monday, so the flushing begins this week. Trichs are all cloudy with the odd amber here and there. I'm thinking one more week maybe even 5 days from today and things should be ready for 36 hrs dark, then drop the axe. CO2 is completely off now, as I've been slowly tapering it down. Now at 10.5 hours on and 13.5 hours off, using the diminishing light schedule.
Here's a few photos taken last night in the flower tent..

day_56_4.jpg

day_56_9.jpg

day_56_3.jpg

day_56_2.jpg

day_56_6.jpg

day_56_10.jpg

So last night the wife decided she was going to name the next generation of babies. She got all vaped up and made little name tags for each of the girls..:love:

day_56_11.jpg

I transplanted 5 of the 15 into 35 litre Hercules "air" pots. I made a mix of 50% Coco, and 50% Pro mix. Lava rocks on the bottom, and putting lava rocks on top to help with drainage and help keep thrips away... These pots are monsters!!
day_56_8.jpg
day_56_7.jpg

So let's meet the girls shall we??

First we have the ever so lovely Dolly

day_56_12.jpg

Then of course the bottom heavy, Tannis
day_56_13.jpg

Up next we have the very talented Perl
day_56_14.jpg

Then we have the little firecracker Gene
day_56_15.jpg

And last but not least we have the stunning, Ruthie
day_56_16.jpg

The girls are doing extremely well after transplant, no droop, no discoloration, just happy to be alive!
Which is more that I can say for the other 8 which got murdered.. 2 went to a friend, but I just couldn't have all those numbers around here. Trust me, it really hurt to have to snip em, they were so healthy and vibrant!!:(

day_56_17.jpg

Here's a nug that broke off in the flower tent about a week ago.
I put it in the vaporizer after all my hard work..
And wow.. So carroty, floral, and full bodied. Beautiful stone.
I can't wait to throw a 1 month cure at this OG, it's going to taste like heaven..

day_56_1.jpg

:bravo:

Really great grow, Vick. That's some frosty bud!! +rep :yummy:

Yeah mate i'll do it. Ive got a room with a couple of 1.2x2.4x2metre tents in that would be perfect for it. I'll figure out a way to keep it as fair as possible. Maybe we could hook up somwhere in the mid atlantic and compare thoughts on the final product. :party:

Most likely it will be in the new year before i can get around to it as i am very busy at this time of year but i definately will do it.

Ur plants are looking great but showing signs of nute burn, maybe back off the base nute a wee bit. But looking good brother......

Meeting up somewhere in the mid Atlantic!! Love it!
Stoked to hear you're going to take on the comparison C. Having 2 tents the same size should make it easier to keep things fair.
That would be a perfect little project to look forward to in the new year.
Don't worry, I'll keep reminding you..:winkyface:

About the looks of nute burn, those signs are from a few weeks ago when I overloaded a feed. But nutes have been backed off and are now void, except for what this weeks flush will take care of..

So those are the new Hercules pots? Looking good with the new girls in them. What are you vegging under? There color is amazing!

Yep those are them! They're awesome, but really gotta make sure I maintain preventative measures to keep fungus knats away, as the medium is exposed all around them.
I'm vegging under a 4' 4 bulb Sunblaster T5, and a custom bank I made out of PVC tubing, 10 42 watt 6500K CFL's.
Find the home made unit kicks ass over the T5, resulting in fuller more healthy growth..
Hoping the buds from the big girls don't take too long to dry, cuz I need to get them into the tent to let em go!

:bravo:

Really great grow, Vick. That's some frosty bud!! +rep :yummy:

Thanks for the rep X man!!
means a lot :thumb:

wow dude that nug is gorgeous!:bravo:+ reps

She smoked real nice too...:smokin:
:thanks: for the reps Jon!
AND.. for posting that CO2 video, that was killer, never seen it before..

Yep those are them! They're awesome, but really gotta make sure I maintain preventative measures to keep fungus knats away, as the medium is exposed all around them.
I'm vegging under a 4' 4 bulb Sunblaster T5, and a custom bank I made out of PVC tubing, 10 42 watt 6500K CFL's.
Find the home made unit kicks ass over the T5, resulting in fuller more healthy growth..
Hoping the buds from the big girls don't take too long to dry, cuz I need to get them into the tent to let em go!

You really think so? I think the T5 is better during veg. Penetration is awesome. I had grown some stalky, bushy, short nods green with the T5. CFLs I have the 6500k also and built one and I couldnt get the same results. Atleast I didnt notice it.

You really think so? I think the T5 is better during veg. Penetration is awesome. I had grown some stalky, bushy, short nods green with the T5. CFLs I have the 6500k also and built one and I couldnt get the same results. Atleast I didnt notice it.
Well I think the numbers say why the plants like it more.
42 watts X 10 (that's 420 watts) on the home made, and 56 watts X 4 (that's 224 watts) on the T5
More lumens, better penetration, def notice tighter nodal distance compared to the T5.
Maybe your CFL's weren't as high watt as your T5 bulbs, and that's why you noticed your plants under them do better?
IDK..

Well I think the numbers say why the plants like it more.
42 watts X 10 (that's 420 watts) on the home made, and 56 watts X 4 (that's 224 watts) on the T5
More lumens, better penetration, def notice tighter nodal distance compared to the T5.
Maybe your CFL's weren't as high watt as your T5 bulbs, and that's why you noticed your plants under them do better?
IDK..

I use both and they both work great. Either work much better for early veg than metal halide (imo).

Think I might have to re-mount them in the larger part of the closet.
Seeing as they're up as high as they can go right now, and I'll still be vegging them until the tent is free. Could be a week or two..
Or as soon as lights go off for their dark before snip, take the whole HPS and put it in the veg closet and veg them that way until tent's free.
Not sure what to do yet, sure I'll figure something out soon.

Back
Top Bottom