OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Point taken C.
It is a personal preference kind of thing I think.
Personally I'm happy with the quality it's producing for me.
Plus my higher temps make it easier on my plants to feed them some extra CO2.
Until someone actually spends the time on here to do a side by side comparison, I'll probably keep doin what I'm doing.
But I really do appreciate your opinion nonetheless C.:high-five:

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

maybe i'll do one to prove the point actually. how do u extrct ur room? and have u grown without co2? all grows are personal, we all want to learn our own way and try do what we interested in. But i do think u'd be surprised to see the real diff. ur plants look great but i dont think the co2 is the major contributor. ofcourse it has an effect, but in terms of final yield and quality, its minimal at best. As i said i had industrial set ups and used it for about 5 years ut i'd never go back to it now. It needs to be very precise to work effectively. Its not guesswork and needs to be done to very precise measurements to do its job. Im not saying u dont do that. i just find it a ball ache to work out ppms and keep them accurate for no real diff in produce.

With co2 you have to have right RH + RT. to see any difference. Ive seen the difference from not using and also using co2. I started my grow using co2 and my plants grew vigorously and the color and texture of the leaves were a def plus. It works out well if your temps are a little higher than normal. Plants will be able to take the extra temps and heat stress with more co2 and intake alot more co2 from the air. Extra uptake of nutes is a plus. To me its like the hygrowzyme/cylzyme just above ground. When I cut my co2 for a while I was still topping my plants and doing alot of stress training but I noticed a huge slow in the growth rate. Now ive been topping and stress training since day 1 and I havent notice a slow growth rate until I cut the co2. Since then I turned my co2 back on and in about a day or 2 my plants leafs, texture and color was more vibrant and really healthy. Also the growth rate climbed and all of my plants tops had grown back in less then a day or 2.

IDK if there will be a difference with C using hydro since the growth rate is amazing any way. But it cant hurt any:cheesygrinsmiley:

So many factors..
But I say, Hey! If you're willing to do a test to prove your theory C? then I'll be in the front row.
You have tons of experience and I do believe what you say about not telling the difference between enriched and not..
I'm not one to do what everyone else is, just because. I've seen good results with CO2, and good results without!
And I agree that it must be precise to work effectively, but it really is a pain in the ass getting it there.

What do ya think guys?
Cultivator's offered to prove his point with a grow off.
I say heck yes.

awesome nug shots and photo skills bro. I'm kinda in the either or sitch for co2 as you speak of it lol. I'd prefer to but moneys tight :nomo:

Thanks brother,
If I were in your shoes UG, and this is just an opinion, but I wouldn't bother introducing CO2 into the room until I pulled a full crop out of the new setup.. That way you can focus everything on getting all the other shit's dialed in.
Especially if money is tight.. it could be better spent on more important stuff

I guess i will do a comparisson grow. I will have to finish up my current journal first as i dont want to clog it up with another angle to follow as i already have alot going on in there.

I dont deny that there is faster and more vigorous growth when using co2, thats not my point. U def can push more nutes, take higher temps and get lush growth. However its all about the bud, and on that front like for like theres not much difference to yield at all. Also i dont know why but the quality of the bud just isnt the same as when u dont use co2, i cant explain why i found that but i def can tell a difference.

Anyway its great to experiment and try things for urselve, that way u can see what works for u. I guess thats whats important. I manage too much to be messing around with co2 and some of the issues it brings up. But i'll put it in my next journal and do a like for like just for the hell of it. :)

I guess i will do a comparisson grow. I will have to finish up my current journal first as i dont want to clog it up with another angle to follow as i already have alot going on in there.

I dont deny that there is faster and more vigorous growth when using co2, thats not my point. U def can push more nutes, take higher temps and get lush growth. However its all about the bud, and on that front like for like theres not much difference to yield at all. Also i dont know why but the quality of the bud just isnt the same as when u dont use co2, i cant explain why i found that but i def can tell a difference.

Anyway its great to experiment and try things for urselve, that way u can see what works for u. I guess thats whats important. I manage too much to be messing around with co2 and some of the issues it brings up. But i'll put it in my next journal and do a like for like just for the hell of it. :)

Yea C your journal is packed. Your already running 2+ grows in your journal. I was thinking hooking an 8 site DWC for my new grow. I need to go back to your journal and check some things out.

Thanks brother,
If I were in your shoes UG, and this is just an opinion, but I wouldn't bother introducing CO2 into the room until I pulled a full crop out of the new setup.. That way you can focus everything on getting all the other shit's dialed in.
Especially if money is tight.. it could be better spent on more important stuff

I definitely concur with Vick on this. I tried using CO2 on the tail end of my first (and current) grow and I believe it was largely wasted because I was doing it manually and being inconsistent, then put it on a timer and without a CO2 PPM meter/control, my 16-pound tank was always emptied much too quickly. I am not going to turn the CO2 on again until I am able to afford a controller that takes the guesswork out of it.

Wut Wut!!!!
Sick!! So you're going to do a comparison grow, this is going to be awesome!
For someone with so many grows going on all over the place, I can totally see why CO2 isn't viable for you. Too many things for you to worry about..
Now in order to do this comparison fairly, you're going to have to find a way to either test THC and CBD's between the 2, (or the easier alternative) Give sample of each to an impartial judge. There has to be proof, not just, "the non CO2 got me way higher.."
You're going to have a lot of people watching and waiting on this comparison with great anticipation. You have the power to either confirm or deny the benefits of CO2.

wow, that's some heavy shit bro.
I'm stoked.

Day 56 of flower update!
Hi everyone, here's a quick update that I was supposed to do last night, just got way too busy..
The big girls got their last meal Monday, so the flushing begins this week. Trichs are all cloudy with the odd amber here and there. I'm thinking one more week maybe even 5 days from today and things should be ready for 36 hrs dark, then drop the axe. CO2 is completely off now, as I've been slowly tapering it down. Now at 10.5 hours on and 13.5 hours off, using the diminishing light schedule.
Here's a few photos taken last night in the flower tent..

day_56_4.jpg

day_56_9.jpg

day_56_3.jpg

day_56_2.jpg

day_56_6.jpg

day_56_10.jpg

So last night the wife decided she was going to name the next generation of babies. She got all vaped up and made little name tags for each of the girls..:love:

day_56_11.jpg

I transplanted 5 of the 15 into 35 litre Hercules "air" pots. I made a mix of 50% Coco, and 50% Pro mix. Lava rocks on the bottom, and putting lava rocks on top to help with drainage and help keep thrips away... These pots are monsters!!
day_56_8.jpg
day_56_7.jpg

So let's meet the girls shall we??

First we have the ever so lovely Dolly

day_56_12.jpg

Then of course the bottom heavy, Tannis
day_56_13.jpg

Up next we have the very talented Perl
day_56_14.jpg

Then we have the little firecracker Gene
day_56_15.jpg

And last but not least we have the stunning, Ruthie
day_56_16.jpg

The girls are doing extremely well after transplant, no droop, no discoloration, just happy to be alive!
Which is more that I can say for the other 8 which got murdered.. 2 went to a friend, but I just couldn't have all those numbers around here. Trust me, it really hurt to have to snip em, they were so healthy and vibrant!!:(

day_56_17.jpg

Here's a nug that broke off in the flower tent about a week ago.
I put it in the vaporizer after all my hard work..
And wow.. So carroty, floral, and full bodied. Beautiful stone.
I can't wait to throw a 1 month cure at this OG, it's going to taste like heaven..

day_56_1.jpg

:bravo:

I love this high tech talk...no-one wants to K.I.S.S anymore...me...i just stay focus...

cmon Miwa, I will swap simple with ya:)

I also love to K.I.S.S.
Also like to try new things that aren't too expensive..
why not? life's to short to do the same thing over and over.
find what works? and what doesn't..
staying focused all the while.

Wut Wut!!!!
Sick!! So you're going to do a comparison grow, this is going to be awesome!
For someone with so many grows going on all over the place, I can totally see why CO2 isn't viable for you. Too many things for you to worry about..
Now in order to do this comparison fairly, you're going to have to find a way to either test THC and CBD's between the 2, (or the easier alternative) Give sample of each to an impartial judge. There has to be proof, not just, "the non CO2 got me way higher.."
You're going to have a lot of people watching and waiting on this comparison with great anticipation. You have the power to either confirm or deny the benefits of CO2.

wow, that's some heavy shit bro.
I'm stoked.

Yeah mate i'll do it. Ive got a room with a couple of 1.2x2.4x2metre tents in that would be perfect for it. I'll figure out a way to keep it as fair as possible. Maybe we could hook up somwhere in the mid atlantic and compare thoughts on the final product. :party:

Most likely it will be in the new year before i can get around to it as i am very busy at this time of year but i definately will do it.

Ur plants are looking great but showing signs of nute burn, maybe back off the base nute a wee bit. But looking good brother......

hey Cultivator,I have to disagree with you on the co2 bro,there is tons of documented scientific proof that just about any plant grown in a co2 enriched enviroment will greatly outperform the same plant in the same enviroment without enrichment.heres a few examples...
CO2'S BENEFITS! - YouTube
Seeing is Believing - YouTube
Medical Marijuana - Cannabis Cultivation: Trees of Life at the University of ... - Jeffrey Winterborne - Google Books

that last link explains how co2 has everything to do with the size of the plants and nothing to do with potency and crystal production,they say to start lowering the ppm's about halfway through the flowering phase so the plants will focus on crystal production instead of mass.So according to that scientist, co2 when used properly will only have an effect on the yield not the potency.I know alot of growers here say they are going for quality not quantity but lets be honest here,everybody wants more of the good stuff right?

Back
Top Bottom