OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

you basically need to get fresh air in all the time, any stale air will just rest on the plants, so as long as you got plenty of air moving you should be ok, but air spreads the spores so its needs treating firsts

Yes don, but that's just it..
I CAN'T get fresh air because as I've stated my house is surrounded by PM's trees..
I don't think you've read what I've stated already. I have treated them, No I can't get fresh air from outside, there is plenty of air movement, and I'm keeping a close eye on them in their last weeks..

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Thanks for that article Aardvark.
Hopefully that can help someone who's wondering about PM.
+rep if it lets me..

sorry, im just trying to get caught up with all these journals so i have not had chance to read back a few pages yet, i check in on that many journals that if im not on for a few days then it takes me another few days to read through it all, sorry for not reading back a few pages, i was only trying to help,

No worries don,
its all good..
didn't mean to sound hurtful in anyway.
I know how hard it can be trying to catch up on all the journals we want to.
:peace:

its cool no worries, my bad for not reading back a few pages, some journals have more than 10 pages for me to catch up with, so it gets pretty tough at times, its my fault for having a few days off line

I've been fortunate enough to avoid PM so I'm not sure I can contribute anything to helping your issues. However, you may want to consider a different strain in the future. OG Kush is really great stuff, but not very resistant to this sort of problem. In general, it's a finicky plant as are many of the "heirloom" style strains. Some strains are very resistant to PM so you may want to consider a change down the road.

This post has some decent info on PM specifically in bloom, though perhaps you've seen this in your digging around already... Sounds like you just need to keep it at bay another week or so if possible - until harvest...? :goodluck:

Powdery mildew in flower

+rep if it lets me..

+rep if it lets me..

I hope it helps! I have a slight issue with some kind of white mold in a few of by best buds - the ones that are very tight. When I inspect the buds for maturity/harvesting, I have found that I might find one flower in a cola-bud to have a whitish covering at the base. I don't know whether it is bud rot or some kind of mold, but since H2o2 doesn't do anything, I am just picking those flowers off and putting them into my "hash stash" that I will process with dry ice next week. I am obviously still learning, so this exchange should benefit me as well.

Good luck, Vick - and thanks for the Rep!

I hope it helps! I have a slight issue with some kind of white mold in a few of by best buds - the ones that are very tight. When I inspect the buds for maturity/harvesting, I have found that I might find one flower in a cola-bud to have a whitish covering at the base. I don't know whether it is bud rot or some kind of mold, but since H2o2 doesn't do anything, I am just picking those flowers off and putting them into my "hash stash" that I will process with dry ice next week. I am obviously still learning, so this exchange should benefit me as well.

Good luck, Vick - and thanks for the Rep!

My pleasure!
That sounds like PM to me. Bud rot is more when mold gets right into the bud and kinda eats it from the inside out. hard to spot, and can take over quick. Good idea for plucking anything that shows signs of PM and save it for the hash batch, I might do the same..

So this will be my November submission for the November Nug of the month.
Personally grown and harvested OG Kush.
This is from the same batch as my last grow, but with a 2 month cure.
The rock hard nug weighs in at exactly 3.5 grams, 1/8 of an ounce.
Now that I have had ample time to sample this crop, I have discovered many new amazing properties of this bud. And it's just getting better every day. After the long 2 month cure it's become very smooth and has developed a very floral smell and taste, with a sweet sugary aftertaste, especially when vaporized. It is HIGHLY aromatic when agitated. The high is extremely cerebral and introspective, and very high energy. I've experienced sharpened vision, increase of appetite, excellent for back and neck pain management in even small doses, and I'm GOOD for 4 hours with zero burnout on comedown..
I can honestly say that this is some of the best Kush I have ever smoked, and am very proud to have brought these OG's to this level on my first grow.
Wish I could send you all a sample, cuz it's
yum...

OG2_nug1.jpg
OG2_nug_2.jpg

here's a link to Nug of the month contest!
420 Magazine's Nug of the Month - November 2012

And in other news...
I'm sure all you other fellow Canadians have probably heard about this law that the government is trying to pass.

New pot laws could overwhelm B.C. jails

Minimum sentences in the federal government's new "tough on crime" legislation are going to overwhelm B.C.'s overcrowded jails with small-scale marijuana growers, according to the province's prison guards.

If passed, the federal government's new law will mean a six-month minimum sentence for anyone convicted of growing between six and 200 cannabis plants.

Growing more than 200 to 500 plants would draw a year in jail and more than 500 plants would draw a minimum two years in jail. The maximum sentences in all cases would rise from seven to 14 years in prison.

Dean Purdy, the B.C. Government and Service Employees' Union spokesperson for the province's prison guards, says B.C. jails are already 150 to 200 per cent over capacity, forcing some inmates to be bunked in tents.

Purdy says any new crackdown on bud growers will make a bad situation far worse for the provincial government, which will be responsible for the cost of housing any additional inmates sentenced to less than two years.

"The provinces are on their own hook for increased costs. So overcrowding is going to be a continued problem based on the Harper government's tough on crime legislation," said Purdy.

Last year, the B.C. government promised that it would build a new 360-bed jail in the Okanagan within the next four years, but it has not yet decided which municipality will get it. The federal government also promised to add a total of 362 new bunks to five federal prisons in B.C.
Tough on crime bill tabled

The federal government's new crime bill, which is formally known as the Safe Streets and Communities Act, is actually made up of nine smaller bills that were introduced by the Conservative government during its minority rule, but were never passed.

The Conservatives' election platform promised to pass the bill within 100 sitting days of Parliament, beginning on June 6, saying the new laws will target those involved in organized crime.

But B.C. criminal lawyer Don Skogstad says he expects larger criminal organizations and gangs are unlikely to be deterred by minimum prison terms.

"According to the government, it will provide deterrence. It will deter anyone but enterprise criminals," said Skogstad.

Skogstad said the legislation is likely to result in small scale growers getting busted, and there is no room in B.C.'s jails for all the backroom growers in B.C.

"We are going backwards. It used to be anything like that we are looking at a fine," said Skogstad.

After hearing the day before that 3 U.S. states made it legal for people to grow 6 plants and purchase an ounce at legal dispeniaries. I was sickened after reading this.

You get my vote this month, Sir Vick!

I was curious about the size, though - I guess the criteria is a combination of color, density and description.

Good Job!
:bravo:

You get my vote this month, Sir Vick!

I was curious about the size, though - I guess the criteria is a combination of color, density and description.

Good Job!

Thanks Aardvark!!
size being a perfect 1/8th of an ounce.
About the same size as a regular Bik lighter, but didn't bother putting it in the photo for scale..
I will say that I am very proud of this bud.
Hopefully she can hold her own with all the other amazing entries so far.. :winkyface:

So I checked trichs again last night.
They're pretty much all cloudy still.
But I was blown away by the trichome production on some of these buds.
Seems the Koolbloom dry is packing on the crystals in these last few weeks.
Trich's elbow to elbow with each other, I just had to show a photo..
Will be doing another photo update on Tuesday (day 56)

trich_21.jpg
trich_3.jpg
trich_11.jpg

Glad I could wet your whistle miwa! :cheesygrinsmiley:

trich_21.jpg
trich_3.jpg
trich_11.jpg

These are looking mighty fine Vick. Kool Bloom has really been treating your plants good. Did you see these same happinings using liquid Kool Bloom? Simply amazing. Nice hue also on the buds:thumb:

trich_11.jpg

OMG, I am impressed with the frosty appearance of this one!

Wow the trichs are just packed on those buds! Amazing, I hope my plants can end up as frosty as urs.:thumb:

OMG, I am impressed with the frosty appearance of this one!

Thanks guys!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:

These are looking mighty fine Vick. Kool Bloom has really been treating your plants good. Did you see these same happinings using liquid Kool Bloom? Simply amazing. Nice hue also on the buds:thumb:

Thanks Whiz,
Yeah the whole Koolbloom line from General Hydroponics really do work wonders. I am definitely seeing a difference in trichome production from using the Koolbloom dry for the last 3 weeks, instead of just using liquid Koolbloom. I recommend it highly to anyone running a General Hydroponics nute program. Or even for those using any normal 3 part looking for that extra OOOPH during flowering. Start with the recommended dose of 1/4 tsp per gallon, then bump it up to 1/2 tsp per gallon.
You won't regret it..
:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom