New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

The timer already clicked off + I'm about to help my daughter with her homework. I'll flush tomorrow. I can do that simply by placing her under the shower for about an hour correct?

I can do that simply by placing her under the shower for about an hour correct?

I think putting them in the bathtub and pouring water on the soil - like three or four times what they normally get - would be more correct. You wouldn't want water dumping down on those sweet nugs!

Thanxx

The timer already clicked off + I'm about to help my daughter with her homework. I'll flush tomorrow. I can do that simply by placing her under the shower for about an hour correct?

Level?? :)

Are you gonna keep her alive for a while or chop in a week? Different kinda flushes IMO. For quick flush 3-4 times the container size seems appropriate. If you are gonna keep her going 2 weeks or more, 1x runoff and feed plain water + maybe molases . She will yellow up good so dont freak out in 3 days when you get some yellow leaves. Those are good signs.

OK Spimp, Ive been giving her nothing but PH water for nearly 3 weeks already. I think I'll chop in about a wk maybe wk & 1/2. Do I still need to flush? I believe so because nothing's actually getting washed out with the drainage tray under the pot. But you know how I like to ask the stupid questions when I do like I do on Tuesdays. PS ARE WE THERE YET?

>>> Do I still need to flush?

Yes, I would still do so if you plan on keeping her for another week or so. As for running it under water for an hour would not be considered a standard flush! As it won't be very detrimental to your plant this late in flowering, if you ever consider running your plants under water for more than 25+ minutes (I even thin 20min is pushing it) you must realize that you are suffocating your roots from the O2 it needs to survive. As others have mentioned I would just flush with 3-4 times the size of your pot, and play it safe!

In my opinion I have a about 1 week to 2 weeks MOST of an 'optimal' chop date. In my experience potency really does not get affected in this time frame to a point where it is noticeable! You are almost there Broke, I feel you pain for the antagonizing wait to ACTUALLY smoke these buds, but mind you the most important part of your harvest ,imo, is the length of curing. I, personally, would never go less than 3-4weeks before smoking my harvest, but that is just me. I don't want to add MORE time to your anticipated wait ;)

Since youre asking if were there yet, and its hard to tell because leaves have nitrogen abundance, way too green, and pistils are all orange (but not fully pulled back!) maybe its just the coloring of the pictures playing trickery. what kelvin is the light shes under?

The leaves should be turning yellow, and the pistils should be browing (like i think im seeing) When you have only rouge pistils popping up on the tops, you should be checking trichs daily

flush for sure in any case, you want the plant to hurry up at 70 days from pistil? no tray like he suggest, and filtered water! I used brita filtered water (a charcoal filter) but you can spend money on distilled water if you want. flushing is very important to speed up plant and help make the smoke smooth

>>> leaves have nitrogen abundance, way too green, and pistils are all orange (but not fully pulled back!) maybe its just the coloring of the pictures playing trickery. The leaves should be turning yellow, and the pistils should be browing

These are all visual indicators of optimal ripeness of a cannabis plant, but this is never always the case for each grower. The presence of nitrogen in the 'green' leaves can be perfectly normal on a plant that is ready to chop. Same goes for the pistils 'browning' as well. Different strains have different final colors of pistils. These colors can even change during drying/curing time as well. I have seen red to pink to light brown pistils on plants that have been ready to chop and the only thing they had in common was trichome ratio!

I am not saying that the visual methods don't work for majority of strains, I just feel that checking the trichomes ratio, and pulling when you reach your personal taste in amber to cloudy trichomes ;)

>>>and filtered water! I used brita filtered water (a charcoal filter)

Once again I am just suggesting my two cents here. For a flush I would invest the extra funds ($1-2/gal) in distilled water if you can because you want to essentially wash out all the minerals and elements from being available for your plants absorption. It is not necessary though, as I have flushed with tap water before when need be, but tap water is not really different from charcoal filtered water. The only difference is the majority of chlorine is removed, but most of the minerals and salts remain, contributing to the total PPM

:thanks: I love it when everything starts coming together. I have a favor to ask from those of you who are walking me through these final steps. (Don't worry it's not for volunteers; we hit our quota already) Could you make a quick read through the Grow Room > How to Grow Marijuana > A Critical Look at Preharvest Flushing...

This has forced me to re-analyze this flushing strategy. Give me your feedback & opinions. As always, the more comments & support the merrier.

Ive read that along with 10 other flushing threads.
Heres what I have seen with my own two eyes. A flush will help make your smoke a ton smoother. One of my first girlsI gave some extra nutes to about 4 days before harvest and you could tell a taste difference.

But heres what you need to be thinking about--- Plants store nutes. And the easier it is for them to get (like chemical nutes) the more they store. Until the plants uses these reserves, your not gonna have a smooth smoke.
African Grower is correct about visual clues. But when a grower is supplementing nature, these clues are more definitive regarding amount of nutrient build up.

Its like saying a car with 50,000 miles on still has lots of life. Until the owner says "ya but Ive been running nos for the lst 30,000". The first is true, until the second is factored in.
So yes, if you chop in a week it will get you high. But the taste will be effected because looking at her she is pumped full of nutes and one flush aint clearing it all.

But like I said, do want you wish JUST POST PICS. :rofl:

my plants always yellow out towards harvest, as long as there is not a buildup of any minerals in the root zone.

plants store most of their collected nutes/sugars in their roots, so flushing really is the way to go, especially with a nitrogen abundance.

That desperate search for the perfect sweet spot for harvest time, this quest can take its toll.

May you find the perfect time, the holy grail of moments leading you to the most auspicious and stupendous smoke you have ever tasted!
next time pick a different sweet spot for harvest time..me...i'm still looking..:reading420magazine:

Someone is getting anxious for some smoke. Me too!! I believe we will be chopping at about the same time Reg. Which brings me to drying methods. How do you folks dry yours? I have always clipped the branches off and hung them to dry but Ive been reading about chopping the trunk and hanging the entire plant upside down. Well actually it says to trim the leaves off first. I worry about mold on 5 foot plants though. But if it makes for better smoke then I will try it.

Someone is getting anxious for some smoke. Me too!! I believe we will be chopping at about the same time Reg. Which brings me to drying methods. How do you folks dry yours? I have always clipped the branches off and hung them to dry but Ive been reading about chopping the trunk and hanging the entire plant upside down. Well actually it says to trim the leaves off first. I worry about mold on 5 foot plants though. But if it makes for better smoke then I will try it.
& I plan on re-vegging.

Back
Top Bottom