New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

They didn't call her "big titty Tammy" for nothin Reg....

....we all know why you remember her :)

...I wish you the best with your new seeds :high-five:
:rofl:LOL Jay we were in the 6th grade for Christ sakes... I doubt she had any yet LOL..........

Thanxx my hero.

LAVERNE Sept. 30 2013 Day 101 / Flower Day 76

This is only pics of trichs. I don't want to exceed past the ideal time of harvest so I'll be updating these pictures on a regular basis.
I'm counting on all of you to let me know when she's ready.

IMG_20130930_203608.jpg
IMG_20130930_203538.jpg
IMG_20130930_203716.jpg
IMG_20130930_203555.jpg
IMG_20130930_203454.jpg

Well, I cant get a close enough veiw of the trics to be sure But ill take a stab at it.

Looks like the calyx have more swelling to do. I bet she adds more weight. The pistols are withered and looking 'close'. I see a few amber trics on the leaves but not on the flower. Im saying you could go 1-2 more weeks. Soil is slow. Heres some math that may make you more patient, it works for me. ;)
Plant flowers 8 weeks. one week is 12.5%. MJ adds more weight at the very end than the begining. This means one week too early could cost you 20% of your weight.

p.s. Im hoping says Im wrong and chop now. Id like some harvest pics :rofl:

I'd like to milk this a little bit to learn a few things about harvest myself. Is it true that milky trics will dry and smoke cerebrally and sativa-like, and the 70% amber will give a deeper body stone and indica-like?

Great lookin lady reg!! +REPS for many reasons!

I think it all depends on genetics
Happy Munchday BAR :thumb:

It was unfortunate to have learned that very fact in KJCs LA Confidential grow last night. He extended his flowering time by 2 weeks based upon color and amount of trics on his buds. Aside from that, would BAR's question be answered by his own preference of stone? Also, is there different methods of harvesting/curing milky v. amber triked buds?

I almost forgot! I wanted to chime in about your germination ideas. There is this magic tree right near your house, drop the seeds on this spot from at least 10 stories up so they get 1.548-1.967 cm into the soil then they will sprout 100% germination guaranteed.
YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS! I FOUND ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE THE OTHER ONE... UNDER THE SAME TREE!!!
IMG_20130706_072307.jpg
IMG_20130706_072324.jpg
IMG_20130706_072332.jpg
IMG_20130706_073040.jpg
JULY 6 2013 - DAY 1

I think the above method would be better if handfuls of seeds were tossed from 10 stories up to account for light breezes. This would improve your chances of hitting the 6'x6' or so area inside that magical red picket fence.

Looking good BAR, nice job with those pics - rlus peps, It looks really cool to see that seed in there :) You should start coming up with a name.

I am thinking about naming my suffering little clone 'Broke-a-clona' what do you think? I bet Spimp will like it, maybe I can even entice him into visiting me :thumb:
That's cool & I'll name my first born Stack A. Dollar.

It was unfortunate to have learned that very fact in KJCs LA Confidential grow last night. He extended his flowering time by 2 weeks based upon color and amount of trics on his buds. Aside from that, would BAR's question be answered by his own preference of stone? Also, is there different methods of harvesting/curing milky v. amber triked buds?
I have a super dooper HIGH TOLERANCE level (immune to most reg) so I can't afford to be 1 day late. Please take a second look (post# 885). Is Laverne ready yet? I would like as many opinions as possible.

I think the above method would be better if handfuls of seeds were tossed from 10 stories up to account for light breezes. This would improve your chances of hitting the 6'x6' or so area inside that magical red picket fence.
LOL You Guys have lost your mind. I'm not trying to start something for someone else to find but aside from that it might just work. When I was a kid I had pretty good aim with the water balloons until the police snuck up behind us. I begged them not to take me to my apt. but take me to jail because I knew my Pop was home.

I have a super dooper HIGH TOLERANCE level (immune to most reg) so I can't afford to be 1 day late. Please take a second look. Is Laverne ready yet? I would like as many opinions as possible.

If it were me, I'd be estimating another couple weeks. I'd want to see fewer white pistils and plumper calyxes. But that's just for the sake of yield. You can get another 15-20% in weight in the last couple weeks.

But .... if you really want/need it to finish sooner ... start cutting off lower branches and smoke those buds while the rest matures. I did it on my first plant and I really liked it. You get good decent smoke off the bottom, and it keeps getting better as you work your way up.

LOL You Guys have lost your mind. I'm not trying to start something for someone else to find but aside from that it might just work. When I was a kid I had pretty good aim with the water ballons.

Lol, gotta keep paying it forward, BAR! Next spring you'll have to sprinkle a few seeds by that tree.
:thumb:

Looks like there are only rouge pistils popping up now, which will change/ripen FAST. This also means that the ambers will come fast too. You are at that day 70, when you really want to start watching the plant as it makes drastic changes now.. even overnight.

Can you give us a overall picture of the plant? I would guess shes done.

When my plants were tall I would cut the top half first, and leave the mids/lowers for another week to turn into tops themselves.

Thanxx B, I'll take pics as soon as I get home.

Reg, You are over thinking this I believe. You have implied that one day late = disaster. Not true. Heres my opinion in numerical form. This i just an example without strain, type of ffect, or any other stuff. Just a simple example.

Scale of 1-10 in potency. 10 being as potent as your girl can possibly be. Assuming 8 weeks to be 'perfect'

Week of Flowering
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
2 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 9.5 9 8 7

If you miss by 5 days no one on earth will know. If you miss by 10 days it will still be MUCH BETTER THAN ANY REG.
Its not so fined tuned that day 60 is A+ and day 62 is a C.

with the trichs it all depends on the strain, we know thc is at its peak at 100% cloudy or their abouts, if you want a heavier stone or more couch lock affect then wait until the trichs start to turn amber, out of preference i prefer 20 to 40% amber across most the plant,

but to be honest most of its genetics, a good indica is going to give you a couch lock affect at 100% cloudy, so letting it go amber is not really going to make a lot of difference, it will make a slight different but if you smoked buds that was 100% cloudy and 20% amber then i doubt you could tell the difference.

the main reason i like to wait until the go amber is because i know the plant is ripe and not going to grow anymore, the last 2 weeks of flower the calyx swell up and looks like its seeded and this adds more weight to the harvest, you might also get some foxtailing going on late in flower as well but again depends on strain and pheno type, some do and some dont,

also some indicas just dont turn amber, some dont go past 100% cloudy so you have to think of that as well when your checking the plant,

100% cloudy is when thc is at its peak, so its ready at this stage,
thc then degrades into cbn which is when the trichs start wilting and turning amber, i think you may notice the affect more with a sativa strain if you had cloudy buds and then compared it with amber buds then you may notice it more, but ive harvest plants at 100% cloudy and 20% amber and if i mixed my jars up i couldnt tell which one was which, so indica strains are going to be pretty potent at 100% cloudy, so anything past that will only prove the plant is ready to harvest, some may notice the difference but with the indica strains ive grown ive not noticed the bud be much stronger at 20% amber

Thanxx so much Graytail, Cronic, B Real, Spimp, DP, AG, Sky, LA, & The One & Only Ringmaster; Rico Suavay for your answers to my question ARE WE THERE YET?

I'll try to give a clearer view...

IMG_20131001_164829.jpg
IMG_20131001_181453.jpg
IMG_20131001_181507.jpg
IMG_20131001_182027.jpg
IMG_20131001_182053.jpg
IMG_20131001_182037.jpg
IMG_20131001_181951.jpg
IMG_20131001_181801.jpg
IMG_20131001_181642.jpg

That's about the best I can do. I thinking my goal is milky with 15 to 20 percent amber; mellow high but still not lackadaisical.

oh ok, thats a better picture, we can see more of whats going on now,

you might not need 4 weeks longer looking at that, if the plant is not growing any new pistils then you dont have long left, the one pic looks like its still got a couple of white pistils still alive so that suggests a week or 2 left to me, it should start to swell up now, the trichs look cloudy to me and possible the odd amber trich in their as well, its hard to tell by pics but certainly looks like its going cloudy to me,

if i had to guess id say 2 weeks maybe 3 at a push, so not long left at all, they look like pretty fat buds as well so it should swell up even more in the next week to 14 days,

very nice

Four weeks? Flush tonight and leave the tops a couple more days (just to drink that pure water)

The mids/lowers are probably just a tad younger and will probably need the full week.

I only see "rouge" pistils growing, which means the plant is basically done growing imo.

Back
Top Bottom