New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Alright guys, I'm following your lead. Mr. Kush, you gave up as quick as me.:laugh:

IMG_20130923_1005011.jpg

I think that snake is eating all your roots. You need to call Ice Cube and handle business!

:ciao: Reg. :)

She is still looking okay to me buddy :) I have high hopes! What type of soil is she in? I know it sounds crazy and I will probably get saber slapped again, but here goes anyway...I would very gently remove her (with the soil), put her in a smart pot so the soil can dry out, then put the dome over the top and slightly bury it in on the surface to keep the humidity up. It would also be possible to gently remove soil until you see the tips of the roots. Then put the whole thing in new soil/mix. If the soil is wet it will kill the roots. So if the soil stays wet, even if she sends out new roots, they will die. Here is what they look like: (I just did this, and it worked) - you prob saw in my journal, but I did not get too specific.

04773.jpg

OK, I took the stem out of the soil & it had no roots. The soil was actually a pile of mud under the surface. I dumped that & replaced it with fresh soil (2 parts NYC compost, 1 part Vermiculite). I placed phed tap in the drainage pan & re-potted the clone.

IMG_20130923_173226.jpg
IMG_20130923_173300.jpg
IMG_20130923_173335.jpg

Let's hope it's not to late to save her.

A couple of bonus shots of Laverne

IMG_20130923_173359.jpg
IMG_20130923_173420.jpg

Thanxx Jay.:love:

damn just got caught up, not good for the clone my friend, that soil was like mud, have you got holes poked into the tub you got the clone sitting in, you need to poke some drain holes in it so the soil can breath a bit, this will help it stop getting muddy, if the moisture is been kept in the dome and the soil then it wont be helping.

when i take a clone i use fresh soil and all i do is give the soil a gentle mist with water and let it soak in for a few min, so im not actually watering the soil as such but its just a tiny bit damp to help keep the moisture level up in the dome, then when i seen new growth i then use a table spoons worth of water and water at the base of the clone, then when you can clearly see new growth then the dome can come off,

im keeping my fingers crossed you can pull it around, it still has life in it but without oxygen at root level the roots just wont grow, the roots grow to find the water so if its to wet they just wont go exploring the pot to find the water source,

another rooting method which i have not tried yet is water cloning, not a bubble cloner just a cup with water in and let the clone sit in the water with the plant above water level and the stem below the water, then give the water a spray 2 or 3 times a day to put more oxygen in it then roots should start to grow, its not a method i have tried but i will try it at some point, i just find the method you are using the best method, but i use a pot noodle tub or small plant pot so their is a deeper bit of soil, but ive also used fish food tubs to clone in which is not any deeper than what your using so it should work for you as long as the soil is just damp and not wet, so if you not got holes in the bottom of the pot then heat a screw driver up and gently poke it through each leg on the bottle and that will help air the soil out, it looks like you kept the dome nice and humid as its kept the clone from drying out so your nearly their, once you done your first clone you wont have any problems doing anymore

DWC Raft Cloner

DP, this may be a good transition into DWC for you. When I was a teenager, I built one of these, but it didn't do anything cause I was using incorrect everything. I expect this will be what I use to clone when I get my new space off the ground.

Hey BAR, hope things are ok with you. Just to wade in on cloning, I use a normal mini plant pot with draining holes all around the bottom. Then I use a jay cloth under the plant pot. This is what I water, it soaks up water and dampens the soil through the drainage holes at bottom of my clone pot. So it gives mild moisture in a direction to suit the roots. Also the cloth gives me a better seal around the base of my dome. I do use tiny breathing holes in the top so I don't have to air her much.
Just my 2 cents worth, I'm a noob to cloning also!

MY GHETTO CLONE DOME
1374606194923.jpg
THE PIECE ON THE RIGHT IS THE POT & HAS HOLES IN THE BOTTOM FOR DRAINAGE. THE PIECE ON THE LEFT IS THE DRAINAGE PAN. THE CENTER PIECE IS THE DOME COVER WHICH THE BOTTLE TOP CAN BE REMOVED TO BREATH
1374605848208.jpg
I'VE PAINTED THE POT BLACK & USED 3 PARTS CITY COMPOST/ 1 PART VERMICULITE
IMG_20130724_053507.jpg
WAITING FOR LIGHTS ON TO CLONE & ALSO I'LL BE TRANSPLANTING SHIRLEY TODAY. IM ON CALL FOR THE REST OF THE WK, SO AS LONG AS WE DONT RECEIVE ANY NEW CASES IT'S A LONG WEEKEND.
DP, this is the actual design of the Ghetto Clone Dome. Since then I have cut the cover in half as you suggested. The cover is placed on the outside of the pot, not inside the soil. This morning the soil was a little more moist than when I replanted it yesterday. The drainage holes may not be breathing properly as it's a snug fit with the pot & drainage pan. I've described it to the best of my ability. Do you see any flaws in this design?:hmmmm:

Laverne has grew a couple inches since I left the nutes alone. Go figure.;)

YES , but still haven't master taking pictures with them yet.

Well??? What colors and what not did you see? I have a vivid imagination sr. :)
Green, lime green, tan with brown surrounding it, & a lot of ice cicle lollipop looking frost covering everything. Is that a good explanation for a 1st time grower?

Back
Top Bottom