New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Hi Gardenfaerie...very pleased to meet you :Namaste: Distance is just a measurement. It's the passion of growing and love for that little "weed" that unites us all on here. I never fail to feel humbled by the incredible generosity in sharing of often "hard earned" knowledge here on 420. I can honestly say that I've made GENUINE friends here. I love this community and all it stands for :circle-of-love:

Hi Gardenfaerie...very pleased to meet you :Namaste: Distance is just a measurement. It's the passion of growing and love for that little "weed" that unites us all on here. I never fail to feel humbled by the incredible generosity in sharing of often "hard earned" knowledge here on 420. I can honestly say that I've made GENUINE friends here. I love this community and all it stands for :circle-of-love:

I immediately felt the same way about this community. It is truly one of the biggest surprises of my life. I guess if I think about it, probably a good portion of us are over 55. WE are the remaining Deadheads! WE used to take acid and expand our minds! So it does stand to reason that in our lifetime, among our contemporaries that, we'd see pot being legalized both medicinal AND recreational. I am really enjoying growing again. I was a little bored with gardening since I've been a gardener for over 40 years. This little plant has me so fascinated now. I would love to see a strain developed for its great medicinal props, but also one which is beautiful as a bedding plant. Maybe something with variegated foliage. Something. It would be easier to grow it in your garden that way.

Ahhhh, the "holy grail" :) Personally, I've never grown prior to my current efforts. By that I mean ANYTHING :). I have (half jokingly) stated that I could probably kill a plastic plant! Then I discovered 420 :) I trawled through so many threads and saw some incredibly spectacular plants and thoughts and thought "you know what, I want to do that too" :). I love how these "weeds" withstand the rigours and unnatural things we do to them yet bloom and grow happily (shades of edelweiss there :) ) I never tire of reading threads centred around the relationships formed between grower and plant. Like you, I was a "60s" child....all for a bit of love and peace (when my domineering, Victorian attituded Father allowed) and, yes, I did my share of illegal stuff. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll see a time in the U.K when MJ is actually legalised......and that's a real pity. Tobacco and alcohol are ruinous "drugs" but the "powers that be" can tax them.....green is a different proposition. Ahhhhh well, we grow, we chop, we smoke, we enjoy and we learn.....very fulfilling me thinks :)

Hi Sensai :) Always a newb mate....I never stop learning :) I love it, I'm absolutely fascinated by these little girls. Maybe one day, years from now, I'll stop and think "ok, I know enough now to flux a plant like LA" lol :)

Yeah, Oz. I understand about the legal issues with canna. Ridiculous. I grew my first plants outside in containers last summer. I harvested 1/4 pound and I did not know anything about growing it, specifically. I just used common garden practices. It's pretty good. Then I decided to buy seed and try autos in the closet then outside to the greenhouse and that's where I am now. However, on order are White Widow x Big Bud, and several other indica dominant strains and I'm going to grow outdoors using a scrog keeping the plants low. When I finish the autos, the new outdoor journal will start up.

I ordered from Herbies in Oct 2013 and they were sponsors then :) .......Any advance on Oct lol? :)
My previous & only other order with herbies was early last summer not to long after becoming a member & I do think I recall someone telling me not to advertise the name of non-sponsoring companies.

Here's the revised weight adjustment after pulling the buds out of the jar & letting them complete the drying phase. I also smoked a couple buds. Big difference!

STACK A. DOLLAR (Delicious Cotton Candy)

Wet Weight: 99.3 grams

IMG_20140213_161817.jpg

Dry Weight: (minus the test bud) 43.4 grams

IMG_20140218_113424.jpg

Here's the true dry weight minus a couple more buds and we still have the bottom portion to harvest

Dry Weight (minus the test bud plus one more) 22.6

IMG_20140220_173653.jpg

Back into the jar we go...

Daft sod lol. Anyone can do it. My advice is just do a Gert style first lol. Get to know your girl really well then :)
I get you on the never stop learning :) thats why Im so chuffed to switch from soil etc. Love trying new things! Now I just want my first run done so I can experiment again. Although I could still run a couple of soil girls alongside I suppose! ! :) Now I sound like you lol. :)

You could grow in sand mate....and get a POTM out of it :)
Reg, you're going to toke it ALL before it's dry at this rate :)
G.F I just love my new "hobby" and it's all that Light Addict fellas fault :)

is that the entire plant? that's some good weight for the lighting. you said it's heavier than your first yield, yeah?

how does she smell when you rough up the buds?

No B. Are you reading the same post the rest of us are? There's still the bottom portion growing in the tent. I want to grow what you smoke! LOL... That's one of my neighbors there folks; My partner in cannabis crime.

LOL I was confused. I thought that was the bottom of the plant as well. so that's just the top of the cotton candy girl. you have a really good harvest weight then considering you have 2.5 more plants in there which is awesome.

LOL I was confused. I thought that was the bottom of the plant as well. so that's just the top of the cotton candy girl. you have a really good harvest weight then considering you have 2.5 more plants in there which is awesome.
Thanxx B. I'm going to go ahead & say 2 more plants;
We have LAVERNE, The rest of the Cotton Candy, but I'm going to count that mutant KUMIKO IV (Honey Haze) as a half a plant. :laughtwo: That makes 2 plants but you never know, she might just shock the do-do out of all of us.

I made cannabutter out of all the sugar leaves and popcorn buds off the closet girl I cut and just made some carrot cake and I think it may be the best thing I have ever eaten in my whole life..... Just thought I would share... the story not my cake... it's mine it's all mine.....:circle-of-love:

Allegedly, this product allows you to put your bud into a jar and will bring it to 62% RH. If it is too wet, it will dry it, if it is too dry, it will add moisture; to get it to ideal Rh. Boveda Store for Herbal Medicine Storage | Boveda - The global leader in 2-way humidity control (Official Site)/ Is anyone familiar with?

I have not used them yet but some members use 62% Boveda Pack to regulate the humidity during curing. At least 1 of the forum sponsors carries the humidity packs.

BovedaPacks.com is your best source for Boveda Humidification Packs

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Welcome Our New Sponsor 420 Packaging

3x5 stand up pouch zip bags

Boveda Humidipak

I use 'em and love 'em. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They're kinda spendy at a buck a pop, but they're worth the peace of mind. I've had good luck rehumidifying mine too, when they get dry.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom