Pick a Curtain Notorious.​

Curtain #1
61KLJD4_0EL_AA160_.jpg
Curtain #2
5184YpEmYOL_AA160_.jpg
Curtain #3
61KLJD4_0EL_AA160_.jpg

Re: New City Grower

I trim all fans and the tips of the sugar leaves when the branches are wet - let 'em dry until the stems break but don't snap ... then a final close trim with good scissors, to get the last of the sugar leaves. :cheesygrinsmiley:

theirs a good grow method ive watched that involves flushing 2 or 3 times during flower, i sent some members links to the strain hunters grow vids where they flush their plants 2 or 3 times during flower as this promotes bigger buds or at least thats what they suggest, they flush then totally let the grow medium dry before starting to feed again, its all about getting the most oxygen to the roots so flushing the nutes and letting the medium go bone dry helps the roots just take in nutes which in turn helps increase bud size,

they do this in all their grow vids and they get amazing results

This is covered in my flushing rant, DP. Go check it out. Many people never flush unless the have a problem or are getting ready to harvest. Pophylactic flushing prevents problems from happening in the first place by removeing the unused ioized salts from the medium. When they build up over time you get lockout and pH issues.

to get buds like that its all about the drying and cure method, if you dry to quick then the buds dont relax and stay nice and firm, instead the bud stays fairly open and fluffy,

i dry to quick and find my buds dont end up relaxing or resting like they should, ill be drying much slower with this harvest so i can compare the results with previous grows,
for trimming i remove all the fan leaves on the plant and any leaves im not keeping for hash, then i cut each bud off and do my best to cut the leaves off at the stem but if i cant get to the stem because its deep inside the bud then ill trim as close to the bud as possible, i dont smoke leaf so i prefer to get rid of as much as possible,

so this time round ill try to let the buds dry a lot slower and hopefully this lets them firm up instead of drying to quick,

Judges, give us a winner for #5. Thank you all for participating tonight. As always we have some pictures from your fellow members this week that might make you say

"OHHH"

dres_day_15b1.JPG

l_31.JPG

ww5_final_weight1.jpg

tw01251411.jpg

Seedling_1-191.jpg

image72101.jpg

IMG_572331.JPG

DSC_5329_wwbbrpk1.jpg

IMG_0603211.jpg

1-3-14a_7_1.JPG

20140123_2220041.jpg

DSC0302521.JPG

1-18-14_14_1.JPG

2014-01-26_10_09_011.jpg

1-17-14_20_1.JPG

Open discussion continues & is encouraged. Good night...

I agree with canna. I think I read cult saying it's just because the buds are rock solid dense they dry that way. Iv seen better examples of the buds described Han the above and the look almost pressed dryed and pressed n pretty

for number five, am I allowed to put my trimmed and dry buds into a foodsaver vacuum machine and leave them for a week before going in the cure jar. Vaccuum packing makes them solid as rocks - even if they were quite fluffy to start with. :)

Back
Top Bottom