New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

It is oz but some people will flush loads of water through the soil or coco to clean out the nutes in one go then water only or water molasses after that. Kinda like Dp idea of no flush just stopping feed

Question 5

What is the best method of trimming/curing to obtain compact, smooth buds? How do growers get their buds to be so perfectly tight and groomed?
Here is an example of such a bud, grown and manicured by Cultivator.

20130121_145657.jpg

@Oz, i thought flushing was drowning the pots in plenty of water until everything is removed from the soil then leave the plants to recover from the flush for 2 weeks, i just stop feeding so its not exactly flushing but it must give the same end results, i just done see the point of taking my pots into the sink or bath and running shed loads of water through them,

so i guess im sort of flushing without actually flushing the soil, instead i just let the plants use up everything in the soil and harvest when the leaves are turning or turned yellow which is around 2 weeks after stopping the nutes

Plenty of good answers for 4 but who had the first best one judges?

theirs a good grow method ive watched that involves flushing 2 or 3 times during flower, i sent some members links to the strain hunters grow vids where they flush their plants 2 or 3 times during flower as this promotes bigger buds or at least thats what they suggest, they flush then totally let the grow medium dry before starting to feed again, its all about getting the most oxygen to the roots so flushing the nutes and letting the medium go bone dry helps the roots just take in nutes which in turn helps increase bud size,

they do this in all their grow vids and they get amazing results

yah those were trimmed and layed out on newspaper or in paper bags to dry until desired moisture was present then cleaned a little more and stored for cure. i clean more leaf off mine but dry in a similar fashion. their own weight gives them that compact tight look

@Oz, i thought flushing was drowning the pots in plenty of water until everything is removed from the soil then leave the plants to recover from the flush for 2 weeks, i just stop feeding so its not exactly flushing but it must give the same end results, i just done see the point of taking my pots into the sink or bath and running shed loads of water through them,

so i guess im sort of flushing without actually flushing the soil, instead i just let the plants use up everything in the soil and harvest when the leaves are turning or turned yellow which is around 2 weeks after stopping the nutes

Like OZ said I've always understood flushing to be either a lot of plain water at once OR cutting off all nutes a couple weeks before harvest

Back
Top Bottom