New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

im guessing low wattage leds or the really small cheap led's you can buy off flea bay can be much closer, but the big led panels need to be as high as you can get them, at least 2ft above tops of plants

I just have difficulty keeping it that far
2 ft below my light would be about a foot above my bucket lol
so I do what I can with the space I have

Too close to the canopy can cause bleaching ( not burning ). The bleaching is cause by excessive close blue spectrum deactivating the chloryphil in the plant. This is related to what canna said. Because each led is a separate spectum once you get really close you get one spectrum on one part of the bud very intensly as opposed to the desired mixed spectrum.

I'll pick curtains for them. DP gets 1 & PJ gets curtain #3

you have them higher to ensure the different spectrums are all mixed correctly at plant level, if you have them to close the leds are not giving a full mixed spectrum across the full grow area,

temps are never an issue with leds as they dont burn unless their touching the plants, its all about getting the correct spectrum at plant level, the leds are mixed in the hood so if the led panel is to close to the plant then the light is not bouncing around giving the full spectrum at plant level,

at least thats what i think is going on anyways, its the only reason i can see that they need to be so high

Too close to the canopy can cause bleaching ( not burning ). The bleaching is cause by excessive close blue spectrum deactivating the chloryphil in the plant. This is related to what canna said. Because each led is a separate spectum once you get really close you get one spectrum on one part of the bud very intensly as opposed to the desired mixed spectrum.
Thank you! That's exactly what I was reading the other day about mixing the spectrums!

I just have difficulty keeping it that far
2 ft below my light would be about a foot above my bucket lol
so I do what I can with the space I have

From what I've seen getting too close to LEDs is not the cooked plant disaster that that can happen with HPS. Getting too close is not the deal breaker it is with HPS, but it is not a good thing either!

what im reffering to is not bleaching it happens on both my flouros or my led's when the plant touches the fixture not necessarily the light and where it touches the fixture there is transpiration noted by the water left behind causing browning

you guys are definitely on point though. The info is more important than the game & we're getting good info here

The correct distance for a LED light to be placed from the canopy is determined by the wattage of the LED and wheither the LED uses a reflector. Common distances for 5 watt LED panels are 2-2.5 feet from the canopy.

Back
Top Bottom