New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

If it is a nutrient issue simple removeing affected leaves will not fix the problem. You must address the deficency/lockout. With pests or disease, the same is true really. Pulling off leaves does not get to the root of the problem.

I didn't mean pinching the leaves would correct the issue, rather that if you pinch the leaves and have not also solved the problem, the effects of the continuing problem would then manifest in previously undamaged leaves.

I know PJ has some input here

Question 2

Many indoor growers want their plants bushy and stout as opposed to tall and lanky. Reducing seedling stretch is the first step in that direction. What's the best way to reduce a seedling from stretching?

By keeping the light as low and close to the plant as possible. This is easier with "cooler" bulbs (LED, CFLs etc)

Any candidates for prizes on Question # 1 Judges?

Q2, keep temps in the correct range, keep lights as close as you can, i find seedlings grown under cfls have very little stretch but seedlings grown under a hid light tend to have a lot more stretch, hids are kept further from the seedlings due to the high temps from the bulb, cfls can be pretty much touching the plant before it causes problems,

so for me keeping the temps in the correct range and using the right type of lighting limits stretch, also using 24-0 reduces some stretch as plants stretch during the night period, but root development is better under 18-6 compared with 24-0,

Thank DP...got 2 or 3 on the very bottom of my autos....not 2-3 each...just 2-3 across the 6 lol :)

Question 2

Many indoor growers want their plants bushy and stout as opposed to tall and lanky. Reducing seedling stretch is the first step in that direction. What's the best way to reduce a seedling from stretching?

Close proximity lighting with CFL's, light well drained lean- seedling friendly soil, plant the seed deeply enough that the seed jacket and membrane are lost before you get a bunch of vertical growth before the cotyledons open.

Good point LA, removing the top set of fan leaves reduces that branch/stem from getting taller, it allows the growth lower down to grow while the area you removed leaves from is recovering, normal growth resumes 7 ish days after removing the top set of fan leaves, i use this method to control height during veg if i have 1 strain growing much quicker than another,

lst or hst can also limit the stretch and keep plants short and bushy,

Pick a Curtain DP​

Curtain #1
61KLJD4_0EL_AA160_.jpg
Curtain #2
5184YpEmYOL_AA160_.jpg
Curtain #3
61KLJD4_0EL_AA160_.jpg

@OZ, its ok mate as long as the leaves are totally yellow, they usually go yellow if its not getting much light, so their is often leaves lower down the plant not getting light so these often turn yellow and wilt, so as long as their is no green at all in the leaves then the plant is not benefiting from them,
really light green leaves often recover and become a nice green colour once you have sorted out what caused them turn light green

Back
Top Bottom