New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Thats a tough spot Reg. I know you will make the right descion. Have you considered not smoking in front of her fr awhile? Like sneaking around a little more to kind of show her you are trying? This is a difficult disscusion becasue we all take our family affairs as very private soI dont want to offend or to comment too much. Talk to her and see what she thinks about you 'cutting back'. That may be a solution.

ive never done anything like that to any of my 3 boys
just to clarify i don't mean to make light of it but
my dad i could smell him herbing when i was small and i like the smell a lot lol
no i wasn't in the same room but my dad and me are way different he drank a lot which probably made me not want to drink lol
he herbed out and i could see smell hes done it in front of me, hell ive herbed with him when i was a young adult lol
basically whatever i thought was wrong with what he was doing i tried to change
your daughter will be different its human nature
i rarely drink the herbs a natural thing, you have to process alcohol to get it herb just grows dries and good to go
but again i don't do it in front of my kids

my roomy is on the verge of the same topic as his daughter is 15 and he is a human chimney. I can identify with both sides of that very touchy subject, but it all boils down to public perception that cannabis is a drug. It might not be the right time in her life to explain what it really is as that may open a can of worms that can't be shut, but if you were a drunk and she showed concern about your drinking.... I don't have kids but wished i did. If i had, there's not a vice in the world that would be more important to upkeep than the image my child would have of me. I suggest you quit reg. Not growing of course, but smoking if that would ease her mind. I'm guessing she's a teen or preteen and at a point where the psychological changes that are occurring are enough to burden a girl. If/when the bill for decriminalization comes to ny, maybe that would be a good time to discuss the issue back and forth, pros and cons which could only add education to the subject and likely, the obvious outcome. Her support.

Just 2 cents from a guy that does not know what you're going through as a dad.
she's only 13 but a nyc streetwise 13. There's not much she doesn't already know & she's been seeing me smoke since she was about 4. I've been a single father since she was 7 and have always left an open line of communication with her on any topic because that's how i was raised. I know her image of me is that of a strong responsible and respectable man. She ask my advice on things before anyone else. We've even talked about which high school to apply for and she doesn't start 8th grade until tuesday. As a matter of fact i've made up my mind, she's hanging out with me today and we're going to talk!

good thing i got boys they need to grow their ass up and make their way in the world lol
you hear mommas boy lol
and daddies girl
i got lucky and got boys lol

OH, SO YOU DO KNOW. JUST GETTING MYSELF IN GEAR NOW. BUT YOU KNOW ITS SAT. & YOU KNOW HOW WE DO ON SATURDAYS. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, MY DAUGHTER MENTIONED TO ME YESTERDAY THAT SHE THINKS I HAVE A PROBLEM & THAT SHE'S THERE FOR ME IF I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO. IM THINKING TO MYSELF LIKE "WHAT THE HELL" I'VE BEEN SMOKING YOUR WHOLE LIFE BUT THEN THOUGHT ABOUT HOW OUR RELATIONSHIP SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED FROM PARENT/CHILD TO BEST FRIENDS DURING VACATION. MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING SHE'S ALWAYS FELT & NOW SHE FEELS COMFORTABLE APPROACHING ME ABOUT IT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT REALLY HAS ME SECOND GUESSING MY SMOKING HABITS.
WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER SOME OF MY FRIENDS WOULD SAY "WHY ARE YOU SMOKING IN FRONT OF THAT CHILD" & I'D SAY "WHY DO YOU DRINK IN FRONT OF YOURS" I DON'T KNOW HOW SERIOUS THIS IS BUT FOR HER I WOULD DROP ANYTHING THAT'S HAS NOT DEEMED TO BE PRODUCTIVE. IM SORRY GUYS IF THIS HAS BEEN A LITTLE TO INTENSE FOR A SATURDAY MORNING BUT IT'S BEEN THE ONLY THING ON MY MIND & I CONSIDER YOU FRIENDS, ONLINE FRIENDS BUT NONETHELESS FRIENDS. LET'S ALL ENJOY THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND.:allgood:

Hey Reg thats nice man its great to have that relationship with your kid,s show her a little more of the prductive side cause Mary was truly sent from the Lord so far there is no real bad side to weed and it,s far better than any other recreational drug,s it even dose you good while you get stoned wot honestly could be better than pot a proper good for every thing plant. It more than likely gave her a little cause for concern when we are younger we can be a lot more flipent with thing,s so she might have worried cause then folk,s was a lot more down on it. Just give her load,s of love an enjoy this exciting time with her , its so precious you must be I would think a great father:grinjoint:
And a great sativaday to ya an your daughter:grinjoint:

good thing i got boys they need to grow their ass up and make their way in the world lol
you hear mommas boy lol
and daddies girl
before she was born i wanted a boy so bad but when she smiled at me with those big baby eyes in the hospital i was so happy she was a girl instead. ENOUGH OF THIS! YOU GUYS HAVE GOT ME TEARING OVER HERE, LETS TALK GROWING. Today i plan on topping & cloning.:yummy:

Tough one there Broke but feel yea our daughter just turned 15. She does not know we smoke but know we are open spirits. Also kind of different for us anyways because me and the wife did nothing for years. We just keep it under covers because of what your going through. They are young and really don't understand but as parents we would drop it like nothing if it became a issue. Tough spot your in. My advise present the good info and discuss what she is taught in school. She has spent her whole life being told one thing and just kind of seeing the other side. Also cut back make deal to not smoke around her ect.

you hear mommas boy lol
and daddies girl

Yep that saying is so true we got one of each, but just like reg over the last 2 years me an the daughter have become such excellent friends it dont matter wot you get your gonna love em to death an treat em as kid,s as long as we are around My daughters 35 an my sons 30 but we still buy them easter egg,s:grinjoint::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Yep that saying is so true we got one of each, but just like reg over the last 2 years me an the daughter have become such excellent friends it dont matter wot you get your gonna love em to death an treat em as kid,s as long as we are around My daughters 35 an my sons 30 but we still buy them easter egg,s:grinjoint::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
:biglaugh:

TOPPED:
SHIRLEY: AUGUST 31 2013 DAY 57

IMG_20130831_162427.jpg

CUT AT THE SAME LOCATION

IMG_20130830_1304511.jpg

2ND ATTEMPT WITH GHETTO CLONE DOME; THE 1ST WAS A FAILURE. WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF DONPAUL P THE TECHNIQUE HAS BEEN MODIFIED.

IMG_20130831_162335.jpg
IMG_20130831_162307.jpg

nice one, reg :)

well done and plusreps :xmas:
thanxx
Now are you ready to hear something funny? I asked my daughter "what's on your mind". Her reply was "I was wondering if anything was bothering you because you've been smoking more than usual since we got back". I explained to her that it's quit the opposite, I've been enjoying life to the fullest. When I told her what I thought she meant she said "If I stopped smoking then she would KNOW something was wrong and would've been scared". KIDS you gotta love=em. :rollit::rollit::rollit:

Great call on the chop. I just took a few and I think I'm gonna stand on egg shells for another week or so with my grow then flower it outdoors somewhere. Anyways, here's a pic and when going through them one stood out and reminded me of your decision to cut or not cut. Here's what you get if you keep cutting!

BAR.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen, The Four Tops!!

mate the dome is spot on, that should root clones no problem, just keep it on until you know the clones grown about half an inch, you will have new growth in a week or 2 but it will only be a small bit of growth so its hard to notice but you will know when its rooted,

just remember to take the dome off each day or twice a day and let the plant and pot breath for 1min as this stops any mould growing, then give the clone a spray and a little spray inside the dome then put it back on and job done, in 2 weeks time you will have a healthy rooted clone,

just remember some strains are pretty impossible to clone, ive had 1 strain that would not clone at all no matter what i did, i took about 15 clones and every single one died after several weeks with no signs of roots, so i used air layering, but thats a lesson for another day,

the dome looks great, perfect size and should i mean will keep humidity around 100%, if the domes to big theirs to much air in their and it loses moisture to quick as the gets absorbed into the soil, so a little dome works perfect, ive not had any problems rooting clones using this method, apart from that 1 strain but air layering solved that problem as the roots grow while the clone is still attatched to the mother plant, so it dont die and it grow roots before you even cut it off the plant.

now the daugher issues, she is 13 so its only really a matter of time before her friends and trying things like mj or drinking so how would you feel if she came home stinking of bud, im sure as she gets older she will no its nothing major and it wont be a problem, id keep it low key and only smoke it when she is not around, that stops her worrying and keeps you out of trouble

I cut the dome in 1/2 as you instructed. The 1st time around i would leave it uncovered for 30mins a day & after the 1st week i removed the bottle top.

Air layering sounds like another technique i'd be interested in learning more about.

As for my daughter, we've talked already & everything's all good. She would never indulge in drugs, (not even cannabis) because of her mother but that's another story for another day.

Back
Top Bottom