New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

I don't use HID lighting either, but my guess is that in early stages they cannot handle such high lumens output. Also maybe if you are having heat issues I would say running it lower to avoid so much heat output. Similar to a fan speed controller.

BAR these pictures were a real WOW factor. thanks to the hosts and judges.

Why would I want to do any setting except full power on my light/ballast? Is there any specific time in a grow when I would want less than full power? Is using less power so the light can be used in vegging without using maximum electricity?

Well to briefly touch up on the subject, lower power settings are good for conserving heat in smaller spaces of growing, and when full amount of lumens exceeds the optimal amount in the total square area.

I know from experience that running a bulb on a lower watt setting can decrease the life the bulb in terms of grow seasons and total hours of use.

A Digital Dimable Ballast can be dimmed for several reasons

1) to reduce the amount of light that a plant receives when placing a small plant in your grow area.

2) to reduce electrical consumption.

3) to reduce the amount of heat that must be removed from a grow area during different seasons to keep the grow area temperatures in a 70°-90° Fahrenheit range.

Thank you for selecting me as a judge tonight for The Reps Are Right! I would like to thank everyone for participating tonight. I hope everyone has enjoyed tonight's The Reps Are Right as much as I have.

Sorry I missed it Reg, couldn't get online work was a bitch tonight!
Not to mention I'm sick and still pushing through it, should be home by 9 to update my journal, it's been awhile, had ph probs with my trainwreck but now she's taking off!

Well to briefly touch up on the subject, lower power settings are good for conserving heat in smaller spaces of growing, and when full amount of lumens exceeds the optimal amount in the total square area.

I know from experience that running a bulb on a lower watt setting can decrease the life the bulb in terms of grow seasons and total hours of use.

That's good to know about the bulb life decreasing using lower watts. Those bulbs are not exactly cheap. :thanks:

BAR and Dresney this is really cool Thank YOU :thanks:

5c81b4525af16d20e0ad8dcb602aec08.jpg

LMAO... I did damn near the same thing about 6yrs ago Jaga! My little cousin at the time was still riding & I told him I use to be pretty good. Mind you it was one of those summer days when the sidewalk is crowded; Kid's playing, Adults just hanging out. So I get on the skateboard & no sooner than I push off I busted my AZZ & the board flies out into the street! I wasn't hurt or anything but I knew it looked bad because all the kids were laughing & the adults were hurrying to me to ask if I was alright. Even a few adults were laughing also.

:phew::):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughtwo::):sorry:It just sounds so similar:oops::eyebrowsmile:

Hey BAR how's it going haven't been over in a long while and haven't remembered reps are right. Hope all is well with you and yours.:thumb:
Everything's good...

I want to chime on a question last night. if you need to remove soil from a plants roots do it under gentle water in a sink or tub. i would never cut my roots.

B A R, when was the last update on your blooming flowers? can we get a picture update? :)

Great Journal B.A.R. looking forward to more pics. Love your stuff - it's still ok just to say "hello best wishes" isn't it?​
:circle-of-love:

I want to chime on a question last night. if you need to remove soil from a plants roots do it under gentle water in a sink or tub. i would never cut my roots.

B A R, when was the last update on your blooming flowers? can we get a picture update? :)
Ok, Ok Already B! You've been appointed my "Update Manager"...

Great Journal B.A.R. looking forward to more pics. Love your stuff - it's still ok just to say "hello best wishes" isn't it?​
:circle-of-love:
Always Lady J. The circle of love never stops rotating around these parts... :circle-of-love: Now here comes the pics.

PHOTO SHOOT
Jan. 13, 2014​

IMG_20140113_192903.jpg

KUMIKO IV (Honey Haze) Day 37 / Flower Day 9

IMG_20140113_192325.jpg

IMG_20140113_192423.jpg

As you might see below, I believe I see a few pistils.

IMG_20140113_192645.jpg

She's still sprouting those unorthodox leafs. See the little round looking growth on the main stem; That's how they start out.

IMG_20140113_192706.jpg

LAVERNE
(Re-Veg) Day 96 / Flower Day 29

Previously

IMG_20140106_171150.jpg

This past Saturday (2 days ago) she was defoliated. Here's how she looks today.

IMG_20140113_185141.jpg

IMG_20140113_185315.jpg

Starting to see some sugar-coated leafs.

IMG_20140113_185815.jpg

IMG_20140113_190033.jpg

STACK A. DOLLAR
(Delicious Cotton Candy) Day 107 / Flower Day 29

IMG_20140113_193107.jpg

IMG_20140113_193225.jpg

There's really not much to say here. The pictures speak for themselves.

IMG_20140113_193246.jpg

IMG_20140113_193255.jpg

FOOTNOTE: I count the flower day from the date I flip to 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom