Mars II 1600! Super Monster Scrog Pounder

:popcorn: Ok CO, ... I've always considered you a respectable 420 member just by the way you carry yourself & communicate in your posts but never in a million years did I know you were as prominent of a member as you are. ... Let's just say I'm overly impressed and leave it at that... I'm honored to finally participate in one of your journals.

I was wondering what to say about just finally getting here, and Reg said it perfectly! Your posts and answers are really clear and well explained. I've already learned more from 10 pages here than 10 from any other journal!

:bravo: :thanks: :circle-of-love:

Hey CO Finest,
Great update, as usual!:clap:
That last bit about the difference in the light color has me a little concerned though. I noticed it right off on this vid, but it didn't seem as pronounced in your other vids. In the end it's all about resin production, and if Mothera outdoes Godzilla in this department depression could set in.:thedoubletake: I'm not really wanting to augment my Godzilla with more red.:rollingeyes: I kinda wish Mothera and Godzilla were the same stain. But no matter, your comparison is greatly appreciated!!! :cheer:
Curious, do you give your girls a blackout period before harvest?
My 1600 is taking more time to get here because of overseas shipping from China. The agonizing wait should be over by tomorrow, and world peace shall commence...:party:

No black out. I do have friends that do it but I do not. No real reason,I am happy with my resin and strength of product when I use the right lights.

I was wondering what to say about just finally getting here, and Reg said it perfectly! Your posts and answers are really clear and well explained. I've already learned more from 10 pages here than 10 from any other journal!

:bravo: :thanks: :circle-of-love:

Thank you for such kind words. I appreciate all the feed back. I wish you the best..:passitleft:

Great video Professor! That veg room is kicking ass brotha. looking forward to the Super Ginormous Scrog! How big can you Grow? Lov'in It! "Keep The Green Side Up" my friend.
:bravo:

Well Doing outside grows always have a huge risk here in CO. If you live here you know just what I mean. Yesterday we got hammered with rain,40+mph wind and ton's of hail here where I am at. I just walked around and did a check on my girls. They got beat up good but they are trying to shake it off.

Lets start off with my little girl COFS she got beat up good.
20140808_152811.jpg

20140808_152823.jpg

Now Lets take a walk over to Hawaiian Haze. She got hit the hardest
20140808_152843.jpg
20140808_153330.jpg

Now the Train wrecks the weather did noting too.
20140808_152855.jpg

Two trains on the lest and big buds on the right
20140808_152928.jpg

Here is the young BigBuds
20140808_152903.jpg

Now over to the old mother BigBuds. It was her 9 month BDay today YAAA..
20140808_152949.jpg
20140808_153042.jpg
20140808_153012.jpg

Update on the indoor flower room. They are almost done with the final stretch. Lets take a walk around and see whats going on with these ladies.

Lets start this off with Godzilla aka Bomb Berry
20140809_004144.jpg
20140809_004125.jpg
20140809_004156.jpg

Now lets check her out under true color the cam can see
20140809_004909.jpg
20140809_004856.jpg
20140809_004856.jpg

Heading over to Mothra aka Hawaiian Haze.
20140809_004156.jpg
20140809_004214.jpg

Now in true color. She is a huge bush monster.
20140809_004808.jpg
20140809_004835.jpg

Lets take a trip over to Smurf land and pay a visit to Smurfette aka Strawberry Blue

20140809_004258.jpg

Well the light has so much red why not try and see her with some cfl on

20140809_004504.jpg
20140809_004555.jpg

Well my friends that is all I got for this week. I did do a video in true color that I will post soon. Until next time I thank you for stopping by and I wish you all the best. Keep it growing green..Over and out.

CO Finest, nice update Sir.

When I first started learning about growing, the video's I'd watch had their fans blowing right on their plants, I noticed that you have your blowing up at your lights. Will you tell us your thoughts on this?

I see that you are on 60 cal and he isnt so I will answer this for you. Im sure you know but in case you dont. Not only do the fans cause air exchange to freshen the air with co2 exchange but the wind causes tiny breaks in the stems which the plant repairs very fast to stregthen itself. If you think of bone breaks they repair to reinforce the bone to be stronger then before the break. Fans arent pointed right at the canopy because it causes wind burn and that is why oscillating fans are preferred. Stationary box fans should be used to bounce the air flow off the walls and this will eliminate wind burn while getting the desired result.

I see that you are on 60 cal and he isnt so I will answer this for you. Im sure you know but in case you dont. Not only do the fans cause air exchange to freshen the air with co2 exchange but the wind causes tiny breaks in the stems which the plant repairs very fast to stregthen itself. If you think of bone breaks they repair to reinforce the bone to be stronger then before the break. Fans arent pointed right at the canopy because it causes wind burn and that is why oscillating fans are preferred. Stationary box fans should be used to bounce the air flow off the walls and this will eliminate wind burn while getting the desired result.

That was what I was going to say. Thank you very much SmokerJoe.
I do not think you can see my oscillating fan at the bottom of tent by my cold air intake

Great Update Co cant even tell those plants were in bad weather :thumb:

I got lucky. Only some fan leafs ripped off and tips broke off. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you are safe and good with the bad weather hitting the islands.

1st class update as usual CO. I did spot, well hear a mistake though dude. You called the Mars 1600 a Znet 16 :)
I thought I'd let you know so you know I'm paying attention :)

LOL you get a A+ and a apple.. My bad... That should of been added to my outtakes vids

Thanks for the reply SmokerJoe & CO Finest, so if I had a 16" fan 2' above my canopy in a 5'X5' tent, would I point it at the canopy or straight out to bounce the wind around?
Thanks Smoker, I've heard so many different ways I'm a little confused.

If it does not oscillat then it should bounce around room to avoid leaf wind burns is my opinion.

Hi 60cal - keep in mind that for flowering you don't want hardly any direct contact from fans but in veg a little more direct wind is good for stem strength. If you notice, CO has different airflow depending upon the tents purpose. So for flowering I'd definitely bounce that 16" off an adjacent wall and probably even so for a veg tent but in veg I'd also have a oscillating fan that keeps air flowing under the canopy. Between my intake, exhaust and oscillating fans I've been able to achieve decent airflow and a fairly stable environment.

If it does not oscillat then it should bounce around room to avoid leaf wind burns is my opinion.
What do you guys mean when you say "wind burn" to the leafs?

Back
Top Bottom