Mars II 1600! Super Monster Scrog Pounder

1.2m is almost 4' so a 4x4 is 16sqf 16x35=560 true watts to make a outstanding grow in flower. A mars 1200 would do the job

When will you know more about the Discovery Networks ideas for your show? I can't wait to see you in action, dude. Hell, the YouTube vids are freaking awesome I can't imagine what an actual network will allow you to be able to accomplish. I hope you keep them in their place and don't let them take advantage of you. Your the creative genius and without you there is no show, always remember that, because either way, your loved and adored here on 420 and YouTube. Why else would they approach you? Sorry for getting a little rambley, but I don't want to see you get screwed.

When will you know more about the Discovery Networks ideas for your show? I can't wait to see you in action, dude. Hell, the YouTube vids are freaking awesome I can't imagine what an actual network will allow you to be able to accomplish. I hope you keep them in their place and don't let them take advantage of you. Your the creative genius and without you there is no show, always remember that, because either way, your loved and adored here on 420 and YouTube. Why else would they approach you? Sorry for getting a little rambley, but I don't want to see you get screwed.

Thank you for the kind words and watching my back. I am going back and froth with them yesterday and today. I will for sure let all of my friends here on 420mag know whats going on first. There are a lot of details that we have to sort out. I am working on a video series right now that is from start to finish. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I wish you the best and happy growing to you

Thank you CO Finest for your help and honesty. You're a credit to this forum :circle-of-love:

Your welcome and anytime I can help just let me know I will do my best to make time.

Hey CO I have a question for you. Would 2 of these 1600 be overkill in my grow? I gave the dimensions to my space in the pm yesterday but to refresh you its 6X5 with a few odd inches added to both measurements. Also would this blow the circuit a lot? I live in a apartment. I dont know jack when it comes to electricity. The most I ever did was rewire a lamp or computer speaker hookups but nothing really hardcore as that isnt my field. From what I understand from Jorge Cervantes is its 1000 watts per room as a total but I dont know if this number applies to apartments. Also would the oscillating fans be enough to dispel any heat or do these leds not give off enough heat to need to overly worry about it. I aim to keep temps in mid to upper 70's no more mid 80's for me and so the hps is gone. Please let me know. By the way I subscribed.

Hey CO I have a question for you. Would 2 of these 1600 be overkill in my grow? I gave the dimensions to my space in the pm yesterday but to refresh you its 6X5 with a few odd inches added to both measurements. Also would this blow the circuit a lot? I live in a apartment. I dont know jack when it comes to electricity. The most I ever did was rewire a lamp or computer speaker hookups but nothing really hardcore as that isnt my field. From what I understand from Jorge Cervantes is its 1000 watts per room as a total but I dont know if this number applies to apartments. Also would the oscillating fans be enough to dispel any heat or do these leds not give off enough heat to need to overly worry about it. I aim to keep temps in mid to upper 70's no more mid 80's for me and so the hps is gone. Please let me know. By the way I subscribed.

Ok I am going to take a deep breath on this one. You are the lucky winner of a long reply. First off let me break down your room numbers.
5'X6'=30SQF. So 30sqf X 35=1050 true watts from wall to have the best yield for sqf. Now for a outstanding grow witch can make a gram per watt you can run 700 true watts and up. Now you said the word (heat) and only oscillating fans. That would be a BIG NONO for one 1600 Mars with 5 watt led. What I do not see growers talking about is the heat difference between 5 watt and 3 watt led. I will tell you this. If you do not have a 450 cfm or more fan removing heat from your grow space witch is small then 50 sqf then start looking at 3watt or a smaller 5 watt led. I do not care what any grower says, 5watt led put out more heat then 3watt all day. I have tested this and know for a fact. I run the same amount of watts from a 3 and 5watt leds and the 5 run way hotter. I will not get into spec on this right now. If you want a hands down awesome grow the get your self three 144x3 at 740 watts from wall and call it a day. 144x3 cover a 6 foot by 2 foot footprint each so three of them would cover 6 foot by 6 foot and give you one foot of extra lums on your 5 foot side. Now let me address the (Jorge Cervantes is its 1000 watts per room as a total) thing. Ok the info about watts is matched to your sqf and that is the footprint of light coverage. That is the numbers I just broke down at the beginning of this post. Now the word I like to warn growers about is call AMPS,witch is what breakers are ratted at and you convert watts too. For me to really help you with this, I would need info from you. First bit of info would be is there a breaker panel in your apartment that is just for your apartment or is yours being shared? If you say there is one in your apartment is it marked per breaker for what each one if for ? If they are not marked then turn on a light in each room and turn off one at a time and write down what room each breaker controls. Now if you find one breaker controls your grow room and one other room then write down this. The amp size of breaker,the amps of everything that is plugged in the wall that that breaker controls and add up all the amps. So if you have a 15 amp breaker witch is normal in the USA then you will know out of that 15 amp what you have free to use. Most items have a wattage and amperage label on them,they may not be true watts but will give you a safe number to use. Now let me break down this 1000 true watts thing at 120 volts.

For resistive load without inductors or capacitors, the power factor is equal to
1:amps = 1000W / (1 × 120V) = 8.333A

For inductive load (like induction motor), the power factor can be approximately equal to
0.8:amps = 1000W / (0.8 × 120V) = 10.417A

So yes 1000 true watts is a safe number to use on one 120 volt 15 amp breaker.
Sorry if I am making you bang head on screen but I am trying to help you understand about power and way to find out what you can run safely. Ok I will wait for your reply and go from there. I wish you the best my friend..

I will take pics of the breaker right now and see what we can gather. By the way it isnt shared its in a separate room controls only this apartment.

DSCN14626.JPG
DSCN14616.JPG

No not banging my head just yet. Its good to know these things. So lets see if I remember right I had 600 watt hps G8 450 and 90watt ufo for flower. With the light nutes grow technique etal. Last grow I believe the average was 1.6 or 1.7G per watt but the numbers are in my journal to be certain.

In the pictures I posted the first one is blurry but the second pic shows 2 30's so I am guessing they are probably living room and master bedroom. I will find out tomorrow for certain but is the 30 related to the amps. I know a bit about amps and current and things I just never really worried before because I never had to. I do know that certain appliances on together flips the breaker. Im guessing its just because they are inefficient appliances possibly. Its the toaster and microwave on btw that flips it.

Also you stated that the oscillating fans arent enough. Even if I run 2 of those and a stationary fan? If it isnt enough then what other alternatives do I have since I can't run any ducting in this setting sadly. I really want to try out these 5 watt diodes but if it just isnt possible then I will have to settle for more 3 watt diodes I suppose.

Also you stated that the oscillating fans arent enough. Even if I run 2 of those and a stationary fan? If it isnt enough then what other alternatives do I have since I can't run any ducting in this setting sadly. I really want to try out these 5 watt diodes but if it just isnt possible then I will have to settle for more 3 watt diodes I suppose.

You would have to find a way to get the hot out and cold in. Witch is easy but hard when the other half does not like to step over air ducking lol.

Can you give me insight on the breaker please. Its 7 a.m now I see you are still on :) Im on youtube now looking for your channel. Its to late/early depending on your view for me to go to sleep and I got a headache.

Also 5 watt diodes are superior to 3 watt in canopy penetration but does it add to yield? If Im growing plants wider then tall 3 watt if fine or should I really try to find a way to get those 5 watt diodes? Yes I have a lot of questions but you should see howq much I ask at the local shop but thats so hard because without knowing if they grow,smoke or are against it makes the conversations tedious to get through without coming out and being direct.

Also 5 watt diodes are superior to 3 watt in canopy penetration but does it add to yield? If Im growing plants wider then tall 3 watt if fine or should I really try to find a way to get those 5 watt diodes? Yes I have a lot of questions but you should see howq much I ask at the local shop but thats so hard because without knowing if they grow,smoke or are against it makes the conversations tedious to get through without coming out and being direct.

5 and 3watt do not have all to do with wider and tall. Temps and topping and lst help with that. My monster train was two 144x3 but was grown right for that outcome. As far as your breakers you need to find witch one controls the grow room and see if it is controlling any other rooms. Also when you find witch one you will know how many amps the breaker is. You need to find out that and what is on it besides the grow room to know how many amps you are dealing with. Back to 3 watt led. If you learn how to trim plant and have middle and top growth only you will have no problem. Yes a normal tall growing plant like outside plant style they need 5 watt and hps kind of lights to do the best. Sorry I take so long to reply but this is the time I feed grow rooms and do my tlc with my girls as well as edit videos and respond to my youtube ? I am looking at getting a assistant. Not easy working on five grow rooms. The info I need on your power I explained what needs to be done for me to do any math on power. I will not guess..

I am out for the morning. It is 6 am and got outside work to do in a few hours. I wish you all the best and keep it growing green

Smoker, I live under similar circumstances and have a 6 sq. ft. closet. I'm using 2 150 watt HPS one for each plant I'm currently growing in veg. I have two fans the door open and a 190 cfm fan for heat reduction and smell also, I run the air conditioner during days with highs in the upper 70's low 80's so i feel your pain. I had to keep smell down along with heat reduction so I took a pic of what I did to vent the cfm fan. Now putting a hole on your ceiling is not good, but it vents the closet just wonderfully and I'll fix the hole before I leave.

2014-07-30_07_57_41.jpg

You can see the 4" duct hose going up to the ceiling where I exit the exhaust. Now I'm on the first floor so it's being pushed under the floor of the apt. upstairs which is unoccupied. If your on a level where the roof is above you, don't be afraid to poke a hole in the drywall and vent it up there, just remember you'll either pay for it when you leave or fix it and no one will ever know. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom