Mars II 1600! Super Monster Scrog Pounder

as a famous comic said in my country; RHaaaaaaaaaaa LoVelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, thanks again for this incredible scrog

i think is 18" from the top of the plant but it's Co finest to confirm.

The reason I was not at 18 inch from the start is I had one light turned off to save power and keep temps down for having lights at 18 hours on. So I moved them up too 22 to cover the extra footprint of third light off

Hey all on this thread interested in the height of the TopLEDs from the plants in veg.

I'm doing exactly what Co Finest says here and have mine @ 20 inches over the girls and on a light rail. I'm running four of the TopLED 96x3w Reflectors in veg in a 4x8 tent and am roughly a week from flipping to flower. Then, in flower, I also turn on a fifth 96x2w Reflector. The plants love it and are growing aggressively. I have a few shots on video of how they look following CO Finest's suggested distance on a forum grow journal here on 420mag

I'm new to LEDs and to growing so I was happy for this advice based on experience. Can't wait to get nice juicy nuggz like I have seen in the Co Finest vids & pics.

Speaking of planning for future nuggz, I have a question: Per 5 foot x 5 foot scrog flowering area under lights how many square feet of dedicated veg area do you need under lights to support it in a perpetual harvest if you had two separate 5x5s alternating and running 8 week strains?

I've only vegged for salad and tinctures and am now planning the next garden and realize I have no effin clue.

Ok.. Led are not the same at all. HPS and Mh have a ballast. Led has a power supply. They do not work the same. I have ran 5$ timers at harbor fright and never had one problem. Now I would spend the money on a really good surge protector to protect your investment if any thing. Ballasts boosts voltage for short duration, then maintains a constant applied current after. A power supply converts AC to DC

Awesome! thank you cofinest! i had the guys at the shop scratching their heads, calling their main growers and asking them. with a response of "worst case scenario itll burn up the timer" so i did not feel comfortable making that decision with a assumption.

Outlets protected up to 1000 joules

will that be enough for the 1600? i can take this to google but would rather have someone that clearly has electrical experiences tell me

sorry for the late response, fire surrounding our area, lost internet for couple days, everything is good and green in my part of dodge.

I&i

The trigger has been pulled, the lever s been thrown, the 1600watt mother of all LED lamps has been ordered... guess I'd better dig up some welding goggles!:smokin: Should time out real well, as I have I have two strains about ready in a couple of weeks to start flowering.
Hey, wondering if a burn in time is needed at all for these LED lamps? They all seem to be plug and play from the get-go.
I want to thank CO Finest, and Smoke Sara for their words of wisdom... you inspired $650.oo right out of my wallet! Not so easily done...:nicethread:

Hey CO before you get to good for us I was wondering when you put the sand on top of the soil and how much? Also, play sand will be okay to use won't it?

LOL. About 1"-2" of clean play sand. Home Depot sales it and it says Play Sand one the front of bag.

The trigger has been pulled, the lever s been thrown, the 1600watt mother of all LED lamps has been ordered… guess I’d better dig up some welding goggles!:smokin: Should time out real well, as I have I have two strains about ready in a couple of weeks to start flowering.
Hey, wondering if a burn in time is needed at all for these LED lamps? They all seem to be plug and play from the get-go.
I want to thank CO Finest, and Smoke Sara for their words of wisdom… you inspired $650.oo right out of my wallet! Not so easily done…:nicethread:

Thank you for the kind words. You are going to love 1600. No it is a plug in play and the LED never lose any power. It will be the same from the first day you turn it on until how ever long it keeps working.

Awesome! thank you cofinest! i had the guys at the shop scratching their heads, calling their main growers and asking them. with a response of "worst case scenario itll burn up the timer" so i did not feel comfortable making that decision with a assumption.

Outlets protected up to 1000 joules

will that be enough for the 1600? i can take this to google but would rather have someone that clearly has electrical experiences tell me

sorry for the late response, fire surrounding our area, lost internet for couple days, everything is good and green in my part of dodge.

I&i

A Watt (a unit of power) is one Joule per second so you should be good my friend

Would also like to add to the question from Chinnubie...

Ive heard its kinda hard to water with the layer of sand on top? Is this true?

75% of my plants have sand and never a problem. Now do not use beach sand. Use play box sand.

Ok I am all caught up with my message's. Now it is time to show you all why I do what I do to flower my girls. First let me go over it and I will try to keep this short. Now when I know my plants are in top notch shape and ready to flower (I Always mark in my calender the day I start this) First step is turn on all bloom switch's. Now I start feeding them flower nutes on the same day I hit the blooms switch's on and keep running lights for 18 hours for 7 days. Then if all looks good after 7 days I flip too 12/12. You will see in theses pic why. Keep in mind this is day three in flower 12/12 and most of the plants were still under the net just starting to face up when I flipped.
Mothra
20140728_233544.jpg
20140728_233616.jpg

Godzilla
20140728_233708.jpg
20140728_233653.jpg
20140728_233634.jpg

They are already all in final stretch and this is day 3

If you ever thought to your self (How strong can my FFO run off be??) Well this very short video will show you how..

I am sure I posted a pic of the bag of sand I use in this journal link. It always drains faster then soil and you will see at the end I did a video showing how great sand allows roots to fill pots. You will see the roots on the to of soil all over when I remove the sand. Without it they would get air pruned and die if they grew on top of soil.
premium play sand. The pic is at the bottom of page
D.W.C. Build Almost Done

CO Finest have you got any info on the moles of that light output? I have an led already but am looking to get another. My current one is from a sponsor on this site budmaster. Their new ones using osram LEDs are claimed to offer 1168 moles @ 1M.

Is this the measurement we should be looking at as buyers?

Mole is a unit of measurement used in chemistry to express amounts of a chemical substance, defined as the amount of any substance that contains as many elementary entities (e.g., atoms, molecules, ions, electrons)

The basic info I look for in LED light is true wall watts,Spectrum absorption,what lens and foot print,weight and size

Back
Top Bottom