Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

So would I connect my extractor in one side and the humidifier of needed in the other and set the target %?

No, one side is heat/cool, the other turns a humidifier on/off. You can connect a heater or airconditioner, but not both at once. There is no capability to control a dehumidifier. The total load capacity is 1000W.

As far as I know a complete temperature/humidity controller would need to be custom made.

I can barely get my humidity above 30%. Are you gonna defol a little or just ride it out? I have to keep a little electric heater in the grow room during the cold months and it really dries out the air but I'm sure you dont need any extra heat in your tent right :). Good luck bro

That's what I don't get because when I was in veg I was running at 45-55% and now this, like I said though our house is getting really humid and we have just had brand new Windows and hearing system put in so I have no idea what's going on but see what happens.

I don't mind paying the price for a great setup as I only plan to run one tent for flower now and veg in the other tent as I'm running a 8*8 somewhere else with 10 plants.

When I make my work station to stand beside the tent in going to make it so my air intake goes through a vent in the side but I will also try and dry the air before it enters the tent somehow, I will also put the drivers up a height on some steel channel so they have airflow all around, I'm also going extend all of my cables so everything is up a height in one place.

My clones got a feed tonight and still no roots through the base but their stems are increasing in size and the centre two clones have the most developed growth over them all and I plan to make the most out of them as well as take a clone to become a mothering plant as that pheno is a great but the overall yield and trichome stage will determine which pheno I keep.

The seedlings for the 8*8 tent are coming along nicely, I ran short of 2 pots so I will get the 3 Amnesia potted up tomorrow, the first row starting at the back is Jack Herrer Fast, then White Widow and Bruce Banger, still undecided on what training to do with them as I plan to only grow using 5*8 so I can get down the sides and work on them if needs be, running only 1200w with a 600w hps style light and 2 TSL2000's.

Transplanted them into 5L round pots with 500ml of clay pebbles in the base then coco with some Great White and then watered with Canna Start and Great White.

Okay so I'm quickly reading about my new tomato seeds I have and it says if you sprinkle baking soda on the soil it makes the tomatoes sweet, strange one could that work with us in coco for our plants?

Quick look in the tent to see 80% hm, something needs to change tomorrow, going to take one of the lights out and use it in the veg tent and try and add more fans, madness because I have a dehumidifier in there but it's obviously not working.

Baking Soda, or Sodium Bicarbonate has the molecular formula NaHCO3.

Sucrose has a molecular formula of C12H22O21.

All the atoms in sugar are also present in baking soda.

When mixed with an acid, it produces CO2. I'm wondering if the increased sweetness is due to the CO2 produced when it is in contact with the soil. BTW: there are CO2 generators based on this.

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

It's certainly something I could look into and study @Old Salt

I know this is what I can't understand as I have the room it's sat in which is 50% and a dehumidifier inside the tent above the canopy, one vent fully open and one half way.

Could this have something to do with the huge filter I have running as most people use 4-6" filters where as mine is a 8" .

Yea doesnt make sense HT. Somethings not right fo sure. Have u double checked everything? the exhaust is working correctly I assume. Your hydrometer is reading right? With ur exhaust the air should be getting changed out quickly and should be closer to the surrounding room area.

Put the dehumidifier in the bottom of the tent. Your air flow is from the bottom to the top, so the dehumidified air is just being drawn out of the tent instead of winding its way through your plants first.

sorry for the drive-by HT -- i notice panda film on the walls and floor, maybe on the ceiling as well...

panda film can help the humidity rise somewhat in a grow space. probably not enough for a drastic difference, but it may be contributing to the issue.

Okay so I'm quickly reading about my new tomato seeds I have and it says if you sprinkle baking soda on the soil it makes the tomatoes sweet, strange one could that work with us in coco for our plants?

Quick look in the tent to see 80% hm, something needs to change tomorrow, going to take one of the lights out and use it in the veg tent and try and add more fans, madness because I have a dehumidifier in there but it's obviously not working.
Dont dehumidifiers collect the water from the air and have to be emptied every so often? Just wondering if ur collection chamber is filling or not. Also like OS said put that thing down low.

That's what I'm going to do in the net couple of days bud, I left as much as I can but having said that this is the first run in this tent setup and my first successful scrog, if I lost 10% to rot is be happy enough with that amount of loss.

Next time I attempt another scrog I will use those small frames for pots so at least I can still train the plant but also take them out and spin them around if needs be.

Update as I'm reading the replies quick, I have just swapped the humidity sensors over from tent to tent.

Okay so here's a huge wow!

My veg tent has no extractor and is sealed while running a Blurple, T5 and a humidifier going at 50% power and the hm inside is 55% with no moving fans.

My flower tent is sitting at 25c roughly, raised the lights as much as I can, placed the dehumidifier on the floor, their is never no drain off left in their neither to warrant a cause of water ect.

The tent in using is a Honebox and that's the material they use so I wouldn't be able to amend that if needed.

It's like having the biggest hit in your life and being asked to count back from a million, just trying to work out why a wet tent is showing perfect 50% hm and the dry tent being 80% :rofl:.

uh oh - put your hygrometers side by side in a different room for two hours and check the readings lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I have been and taken a quick look I knowing not a long enough time to get a reading but the other meter now says my temps are high and the hm is 47%.

I think I may know where I screwed up maybe.

I did a defol not so long back didn't I and I wonder if I caught to leaves and they snapped in the bud structure and I haven't realised and then maybe that's where the rot has came from and I haven't had high % all along?

I swear if any of you knew me in real life you wouldn't be surprised at these problems I get in day to day life :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom