Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

Taken another look and it's now sitting at 57% but I have turned the extractor down a touch just to test it.

I'm going to dry my bud for a good 10 days and then had straight up so I have 3 weeks from now to get my clones looking and trained ready for the switch to flower.

I keep checking and it's below average so I do think it was me that caused the for by not removing a broken or dead leaf stem and then it's ended up producing moisture inside the tightness of the bud and spread outover.

One thing I will say is I don't actually think there will be a lot in terms of yield but we may be proven otherwise.

I will get some photos today :).

How are your grows doing?

I keep checking and it's below average so I do think it was me that caused the for by not removing a broken or dead leaf stem and then it's ended up producing moisture inside the tightness of the bud and spread outover.

One thing I will say is I don't actually think there will be a lot in terms of yield but we may be proven otherwise.

I will get some photos today :).

How are your grows doing?
Sounds good. I currently am growless :(. Cant wait to start another soon. Might have to do a super secret grow not even my wife knows about. She hasnt been in the grow room for years anyway.

I currently have 12 seedlings, 6 begging clones and those 3 flowering plants and I'm full lol I really need a shelf in the veg tent as I'm going to grow 6 tomato plants till their around 3ft tall and then plant them outside 3ft apart from each other in a straight line and then tie the branches down to act like a vine and the great thing is my garden gets loads of sun with some shading during the day as the sun moves.

Secret grows is how I have always had to grow lol trust me I know how you feel, would be ideal of smells came after the harvest :).

The spores spread easily, gonna be hard to keep it from spreading. Your only like 2 weeks out, cant harvest?
Copy this,. If you dont mind i have a funny bud rot story from a long lost journal i did.....ill post here in a bit. What do those trichs look like?

About twenty years ago i lived in a Kentucky trailer park with my good buddy Tony T, (The same Kentucky trailer park where the toothbrush was invented), We lived the poor carpenters life, paid on Friday, broke on Monday. We grew four little plants in a cold dark closet with a 4' T12. The plants never got fed, or watered, for 3 months. I think they were surviving off of leaves and rainwater falling through holes in the roof. One day i went back to check if they were still alive and i swear one of them was eating a mouse! That clinched it! They were goin outside. So me and Tony picked them up with one plant in each arm and started running as fast a we could through a trailer park in the middle of the day with these plants! I guess we thought we were so fast we were invisible

We planted all four at the edge of a Kentucky tobacco field, on the outskirts of a trailerpark. We'd go and check on them every now and then, and they were actually lookin ptretty damn good. Well one day, when the autumn leaves started to fall, we went to MURDER those plants!! But When we got there, 3 of the plants were missing. Only 1 remained. Why did the thieves leave just one plant we wondered? And the one plant they left us looked like some funky monkey. We were sooo happy.
high-five.gif

. We had grown sum Grey colored weed!!!! We had never heard of weed being grey, so it Must be the bomb. when we cut it up, it even had grey powder in it. We smoked the hell out of it!! It tasted like shit and our lungs ached everyday........ and Tony got pneumonia
11.gif

but it was Free WEED!!

I was reading a post about bud rot and I saw the exact same plant that Tony and I grew, LOL!!

Tony did not really get pneumonia! Everything else is True, even the mouse.......

Hello, that's a great story, wish I had those types of memories except the bud rot part haha.

Keep checking daily but still trying to keep them going, I'm harvesting them not this Friday but next so trying my best to keep them at it as there is still quite a lot of clear on some and the bud I tested was okay but not as strong but this could be my tolerance, taste was okay for a basically straight of the plant.

I'm looking at getting one of those Wi-Fi humidity sensors from Amazon, it won't be a mega expensive one but it's only ever for a 4*3 space so if a £30 one won't work then it's getting a naff review :laugh:.

I have taken one of the lights out of the flowering tent and put it in my veg tent while taking out the T5 and UFO 80 Led lights, I'm planning on buying another sp250 or get a tsl2000 for flowering.

Once these seedlings are bigger and I move them to my other tent in another location I will then get some autos to try out, at that point I will only have the 6 clones and 2 White Widows, the 2 White Widows I plan to mainline them to cover a canopy of 2*3ft.

Undecided on what to do with the 3, Amnesia, 3 Bruce Banger, 3 Jack Herrer and 1 White Widow that I'm growing at another location and I would appreciate any help on getting the most out of the area, it's a 8*8 but we can only use at most 1200w from the wall, in also using auto pots so watering isn't a problem and I also plan to use a drip sprayer on top just to keep the top of the pot moist.

I was thinking of LST but only start training them when their around 12" tall and have a healthy set of branches already started growing and then just keep bending them over too a screen with ties and then once I flip them I will install another screen for support, yay or nay?

Think I'm going for the Megacrop once it's in stock and maybe try the other stuff from Greenleaf too, anyone know what it's like with coco and if it's a clean nutrient?

Can't wait to be able to flower these off and it's looking like I won't need to do any training really except plant support but the two in the middle are the most advanced and I'm taking a clone from the better one of the two and keep it as a mothering plant as I'd hate to not find a pheno like that again.

I'm planning to switch them to flower around the 8th just so I can get a good size root mass to hopefully get a big yield as the quality seems to be there for sure.

I'm using MC in coco and it's been good so far. They say not to use the extras but I've never tried so idk. Seems like as long as your using an enzyme it's not really an issue... I was just got back from 5 days away and the rez needs cleaning but it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, no enzyme. So far in coco it's worked great. I am curious how the floraflex line compares

After taking a look at the prices yes I think I will order some of the Floraflex nutrients, doesn't seem to badly priced so I will get a lb of each and 6 of those 8" Floracaps and the feed clips and once I'm finished flowering the clones in going to buy the 8" posts to go with them and a box of refills.

I just ordered the 6" pots from florafelx to try out, they should be close to a gallon container or a 6x6x6 grow cube. The 8" looks like 2 or 3 gallons, not sure the size but should be perfect for coco. I've never gone bigger then 3gal pots in coco

The plants people are posting with their nutes are nice. Similar to MC I think but less N. I will use my nutes up for one more grow and try the other stuff. Not a bad price and they are dry which I like a lot. Supposed to be fully soluble in water so no particles like MC and ph stable but I dont have ph problems with mc.

Just ordered them at the local hydro shop. Getting six of the 6" to try with my sativa grow. I like the way the pots are designed and the way the cap delivers water. Look forward to trying it out

Yeah I was looking at them they look a fair size I suppose and I have seen a few posts that look like 4 of them easily cover a 4*4 so 6 with clones in should be more than enough, but I am thinking of a complex design to save on space.

Thinking of making a box for the Danish tray like the one you use for run off, so make a box out of mdf to sit the tray on an angle, also put a tank in the left hand side underneath for run off and on the right hand side out a nutrient feed tank on an angle and buy one of those pumps that feeds in from the bottom that you mentioned and then at least everything is in one place.

Yes those photos of those buds have sold it for me especially seeing the coco after a complete grow still looking fresh apart from masses of roots and I really don't mind buying refills every now and then, so the mc still leaves particles then?

Back
Top Bottom