Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

I went a little nuts with my design. Five hundred watts is overkill, as are the oversized heat sinks. I welded the frame, and countersunk all the screws for the heat sinks. The hardest part was making the power box. I'm pleased with the end result, but I don't think I'll need to do it again.

I think it's best to go over the top with watts rather than not having enough that's why I want around the same amount so I could dim if needs be or turn up if the plants look like they could use more light.

That's why I went nuts. I thought the King 1800W dimmable would be too much for my 2' x 4'. It wasn't enough, but draws 315W from the wall. That's the reason for the 550W. I was surprised I could only use 350 of them.

If I were to build another light, I'd be waiting to see how Mars Hydro implements the dimming function. Then I'd consider combining several of them into one fixture. It's probably the lowest cost method of getting 300W worth of LED panels and drivers.

Hi hth just had a read through looking good mate I ran the exo cheese years ago when it was on trend it was my 1st grow and wow it was stinking not saying yours isn't but the real cut was unreal smelliest weed I've ever grew its making a comeback everyone wants it around are way
What's it smellin like hth I'd love that back in the stable :thumb: lovely level canopy looks great I'll stay for a bit if you don't mind pal

That's why I went nuts. I thought the King 1800W dimmable would be too much for my 2' x 4'. It wasn't enough, but draws 315W from the wall. That's the reason for the 550W. I was surprised I could only use 350 of them.

If I were to build another light, I'd be waiting to see how Mars Hydro implements the dimming function. Then I'd consider combining several of them into one fixture. It's probably the lowest cost method of getting 300W worth of LED panels and drivers.
It's a shame that Mars didn't offer parts sales or the options to build your own, I have till around the first week of February anyway so by that time my plants will be 5-6 weeks into flower and give me a better idea on what these sp's are like.

Hi hth just had a read through looking good mate I ran the exo cheese years ago when it was on trend it was my 1st grow and wow it was stinking not saying yours isn't but the real cut was unreal smelliest weed I've ever grew its making a comeback everyone wants it around are way
What's it smellin like hth I'd love that back in the stable :thumb: lovely level canopy looks great I'll stay for a bit if you don't mind pal
Hwill bud there is no smell what so ever but I am hoping their not going to be to smelly as it's hard enough with low odour strains :laugh: Yeah buddy stay here as long as you like I'm hoping to get a harvest ever 4 weeks with 3 tents so should always be something to look for.

With my 6 3vl I should have about 1900w available. This is the first run with all of them, so we shall see.
That's a lot of watts :rofl: I talk about over kill but I suppose that's just enough watts then lol.

The pre flowers on these plants are quite the size for 13 days in, there feed starting from tomorrow consists of,

WEEK 3

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
A&B (2.2ml/litre)
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst 0.25ml/litre
Canna Boost 2ml/litre
Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

So far at this growth rate at day 15 of flower is great with Led and going back through some of nuclear journals the bud growth looks to be either the same or bigger than HPS development but let's see what bud development turns out like.

I didn't manage to get to water them yesterday so at least they had a day to suck up what they had available so they got 2L today but as from tomorrow they will only get 1.5L then 2L at the start of week 4 as I have noticed the tops aren't drying as much as they should be but I am going to heavily trim under the screen this coming week which should help the airflow better.

Until I see roots and the amount of days it took I couldn't really rate as if her but I will let you know real soon though, they do have a nice tight for though.

I found using the pellets is soak them in water them let them dry out for 1-2 days and then just spray them after that to keep the seeds within moisture, I find it doesn't drown the seeds this way as I have lost a few seeds to them with them being to wet.

The girls look beauty mate.... are you going to give them a strip before day 21 of flower?

Every thing below that net

Hope you had a good new year aswell buddy

Hello buddy yes I think around day 17-18 i will take all of that undergrowth out that should be around the time my new tent fans arrive, I was going to take some more clones but I have some seeds coming that I will be running this year.

Yeah my new year was great thank you , I hope you had a great one too.

They look nice.. I'd still have gone further, I can't wait for my strip days to come back lmao...

Also you can still spread them wider... the higher/longer branches bring down and the lower branches bring to the middle.. drop that net 5inch and you'll be amazed at the spread you can get...

They do look nice though....

I've just got my seeds popped and planted. 8x wedding cake.. reg seeds.. hoping for as many females as possible lmao.

I was going to but they still have around 5-7 days of stretch left and to be fair they have not really stretched I think I have pushed the boundaries with continuing to spread them as the branches are now quite hard plus if I moved the screen it would be a little harder to water them, it looks an okay amount of space but in reality it's really not that much.

Do you grow reg seeds often?

Octopot hth... octopot! Takes that watering issue away with a hole conveniently placed

But fairs fair..

I've not ever done reg seeds before.. and these are out an ounce or two i had pass me by on thier travels. The weed is stunning. And I've a reliable source that tells me they were males sat randomly in a tent 10x10m tent of a few dozen girls . Obviously had there wicked way with the fans being on lmao

Apparently a really good grower who dont know how to sex properly.. Never mind though hopefully I can take what he made good and clean it up for future runs with no males lmao

I still need to take a look at those pot systems as I was thinking of maybe trying something different but first it's getting into that groove of a harvest every four weeks lol.

I have grown some reg seeds from Sense I got 4 females out of a pack of 10 reg seeds but I would try it again, funny you should mention breeding I have been looking at pollen to buy by post so I may take a look at doing one or two the end of this year.

I know you wont look back.. I'm looking to purchase my own official octopot 6gal soon.

I'd like to run 3 in my tent.

I'm looking into breeding more as we speak because I'm going to be setting up a mother plant of these wedding cake.

I'm trying to get a few head into my diary to jostle a few thoughts around..

I know my system, strain and nutrients ect. I need to be thinking about the right light in the 6000k range and more importantly incubators...

Pop over to my new diary if your bored

Just catching up High.
Girls are looking pretty.
Some lovely scrogging there.
Those buds will fill out nice mate.
Well done.

Back
Top Bottom