Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

Oh no sorry I don't know if you had seen it but I'm getting another tent the same as this so I can get a harvest every 4 weeks, that make a little better sense bud?

Definately. Eight weeks flowering is on the low side, but can be done with the right strains.

I'm running cheese at the moment which is not really known for being an 8 week strain but more along the 9-10 week but I have started germinating a Pamir Gold which is an apparent 7 week strain but I only have the one seed so only the one pheno but I am going to run Dinafems Critical 2.0 and Critical Fast so plant 3 of each and find the best pheno of them and then run it for the foreseeable future as they are known for being a good 7-8 weeks.

You mainline don't you?

Managed to put overflow trays under each pot and now there getting 2L of feed per day which isn't bad for them being in 12L pots, I have also cooked and weaved a few that were trying to race above them all.

Clones and Pamir Gold seed are now under T5 lights, once the clones have roots they will go in there final 12-14L fabric pots while the Pamir Gold will go in a 5L pot.

Decided I'm going to try QB Boards in the next tent which I have already chosen and work out around 700w but the pair are dimmable and cover a total of 5*5 so my 4*3 tent will get absolute max light possible.

Flowering is going great at Day 11 so another week or so and the stretch should be finished with nearly.

Thanks :) I wish I could of maybe stretched the growth a little wider but I suppose that extra room till be fine to spread buds about.

Unfortunately the Pamir Gold Seed never made it so looks like I will need to take another Cheese clone but I do plan to buy and germinate some seeds at some point this month.

I'm in the beginning stages of my first coco grow. I'm going to pull up a chair and join in on your grow, need all the info I can get. Looks like you know what you're doing in coco.:lot-o-toke:
20200108_175037.jpg

Enjoy the ride along buddy, I love growing in coco its very forgiving and controllable, I'm just trying to find the best strain and training method to just grow in one style for the future.

What nutrients and lights do you use?

Enjoy the ride along buddy, I love growing in coco its very forgiving and controllable, I'm just trying to find the best strain and training method to just grow in one style for the future.

What nutrients and lights do you use?
I'm using Dutch pro nutes, for the first time. Usually run botanicare.

My lights are timber grow lights 6 3vL. Staggered 3500k and 3k.

Haven't been on in a while, my state just went medical. So I am stepping out. The link to this grow is at the bottom. Would love some input.

I saw u took ur clones a few weeks into flower and after doing some reading I learned that's also called Monster Cropping. I've never taken clones in flower only revegged a nice pheno but sounds like a good idea and puts those lower branches to good use as clones. Anyway great work my dude.
Btw what happened to the Pamir Gold? Confiscated?

I have tried Dutch Pro Leaf Spray and it was a great foliar spray but I may buy there box set they have in the future.

I have enquired about the Timber Lights but it's the import duty that adds loads on for me so limitations are always a nightmare for me.

Yeah I will take a look at your journal, I have a good schedule on here you could try out as I'm sure the NPK ratios are roughly the same.

I took some clones on flower a few times now and I did read the same after my first clones turned out to be huge plants and lots of branches from the budded areas, the Pamir Gold seed shell must have been to tight and stoped the growth but it's not to worry though as I think the middle plant out of these three is the pheno I plan to run for a few runs as the bud and nose structure is great plus the buds are more developed over the other two.

I was looking at timber lights today..... do you like them?
So far I like them. Easier to keep room temp. These mothers were Leto under the 3500k lights. And the flower is from the 3500k also, but they were autos and neglected a little bit
20191222_161004.jpg
20191016_062240.jpg
20191209_211009.jpg

I decided to try Dutch pro because their sale point is, they are cheap. We are planning on a commercial grow so cheap is good. But had to pick up a kit at the store this week, it cost me more then botanicare. Called my local rep, he said it should have been half that price. We will see if he hooks me up like he said he will.

My lights are timber grow lights 6 3vL. Staggered 3500k and 3k.
I was looking at timber lights today..... do you like them?
I have enquired about the Timber Lights but it's the import duty that adds loads on for me so limitations are always a nightmare for me.

The doubling of the cost in Canadian dollars is the main reason I built my own. My DIY 8 COB fixture cost about the same as one of the Timber 4VLs. My COBs are on one foot centers, and the fixture is designed for a 2' x 4' tent. I run it at 320 - 350W, although I can take it up to 550W. When I did my research for it, I found the differences between CREE, Bridgelux, and Citizen were limited to the purchase cost, and luminous efficiency. The spectrum was the same, and the cost of ownership was also the same over a five year period at my power rates. If my rates were higher the CREE, or Bridgelux COBs would have made more sense. FYI the fixture is two banks of 4 Citizen CLU048-1216s @ 3000°K with Meanwell HLG-240H-C1750B drivers. I more than doubled my harvest from a 2' x 4' tent over the commercial Dimmable 1800W 6 COB light I was using previously. The harvest was 15.7oz or 440gm under the DIY.

I have found a system I would like but the import duty of 20% is heavy even with a discount on the companies behalf so I was thinking of building my own if I can do it, if it's to much work and fuss in happy to pay the extra though or I could try another type of light.

Back
Top Bottom