Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Wow, that's a lot more than a little woohoo...it's more like WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Thanks HoBrah! I am pretty stoked about it! 3 years of flares and hell! It's behind me now and nothing is going to stop me!:slide::yahoo::slide:

Hi there stoneotter! Welcome! Thanks for the good wishes! This will be my second run with Docs kit. Check out his site if you haven't yet. It's super easy to use and very forgiving! Grab a chair and feel free to ask questions. I am still learning. I have some fine folks that follow along that use Doc's kit too. They keep me from tripping up!

This is a perfect moment to document my steps so far!:cool: Cheers! LG

A little over a month ago I mixed a new batch of soil. The kid (nephew) took my plants after harvest to see if he could re-veg them, so I needed to start from scratch with new soil.

I don't have room to store soil, so I mixed up a 1/2 batch. You can mix up the whole batch if you have room for it. It's ok for it to hang out for a long while before use.

I used 1/2 bale of the Promix HP, 1/2 of the Doc Buds First Run, and 15 pounds of Unco Worm castings. I mixed that up really well! I added 2-1/2 gallons of water and mixed well. That's it! Cover it and 30 days later you have GOLD! ;)

I started my seeds in Rapid Rooters and they have some pretty good roots, so today I am potting them up in their 1 Gallon containers where they will stay until they are ready to flip!

I have one seed that I still hope will pop. I put that in 2 days ago. I am going to drop that rapid rooter right into the 1 Gallon too. It'll will be just fine.

The Pua Mana 'Ohana seeds are a bit of a bear to germinate. I roughed this one up with a fine bit of sandpaper and soaked it a bit in water. Fingers crossed!

Pics to come of the "kids" in a bit!

Better late than never. Excited about watching another DBHBB grow. :cool:
Thank you for dropping in Syntroxis! Welcome! There is a lot of fun in growing with Doc's kit! :ganjamon:

The kids are all in their 1 Gallons and watered in now. I filled my pots with my cooked soil up to the level of where the bottom of the Rapid Rooter would be. I placed an empty prescription bottle in the center of the pot, and I filled the pot up to the top around the bottle and pulled out the bottle. A perfect hole was left for my seedlings. I dusted the holes each with about a teaspoon of Doc Bud's Roots. I dropped in the seedlings, filled in any gaps with soil and that was that!

I mixed up a 1/4 strength of Doc's Transplant (TP) and watered around the outer edges of the pot....and lights are out now. The babies are tucked in for a nap now. :battingeyelashes:

Here are some pics. The leaf shape is different between the breeders. This is getting exciting now! The game is ON! :popcorn:

I read that bit on skin absorption. So far my Amazon cart has pumpkin seed oil, African Shea butter, bees wax, and I still need a preservative. My essential oils I will initially play with will be frankincense, myrrh, ginger, tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, & Palo Santo. Should be fun! :slide: Not done shopping. I have been waiting for 4 months for this week!:laugh:

Hi Lady,

Hope you dont mind my two cents worth, but you do NOT need a preservative with this formulation. The ONLY time you need to use a preservative is when you are making a true lotion with water based ingredients. Wgen you are using straight up oil and beeswax you will never heed a preservative.

Please dont waste your money on something you neither need nor know how to use properly.

If you do decide you ever want to learn how to make a trye lotion, like the kind you would purchase in the store but infused with cannabus, justbreach out to me and ill tell you hiw to do it. But i just dont want to type out all those instructions if no one is deadly serious about making a true lotion.

Im an old hand at making real lotions tgat are sale worthy in a professional realm.

Just trying to help.
All my best,
Magnus!

Hiya Miss Amy!! You are good with both of those oils Amy. They were both on the list from Magnus study hall. I wanted to try a different oil this time, that is why I am getting the pumpkin seed oil. Apricot is good as well. Pumpkin seed oil has some great nutritional value, too. I thought I would use some in my salad dressings! Hormonal issues, blood pressure, inflammation, and high cholesterol to name a few of the benefits in consuming it. ;) It's not great for cooking, because it gas a low smoke point! I'll have to post some salad dressing recipes. I don't buy them anymore. I also have to make them often, because the girls and one of the owners where I work plow through it! lol

Hiya!

Just to let you know a bit more about thuscexcellent oil. First of all, i have never seen an oil absorb as quickly as Pumpkin Seed Oil! Never. It us brilliant carrier for carrying those cannabinoids to the root of the pain. And never does it leave a greasy feeling. I use grape seed oil in other formulations for other reasons. Primarily, despite the fact that it does not necessarily absorb quickly, it is a brilliant oil for replenishing the skin and moisturizing dry epidermis. That is my primary use for Grape Seed Oil. But nothing, and I mean nothing at all, beats Pumpkin Seed Oil as a carrier for cannabinoids as they move from the top of the skin to the muscles below.

I hope this information helps. And I hope I don't sound terrifyingly adamant about what i'm talking about but I'm speaking from years of professional service in the homecrafted lotion and soapmaking milieu. I'd like to think I have some idea what I'm talking about, without just blowing it out of my proverbial bum.

All my best,
Magnus!

Thanks @Magnus8 :thumb: I’m going to add some pumpkin seed oil to my blend now! And sorry for getting you mixed up with another member (with a similar name) - I’ll blame that one on brain fog. :rolleyes:o_O

Awesomest health report m’Lady :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Onwards she flies from here :slide:

Pumpkin seed oil has some great nutritional value, too. I thought I would use some in my salad dressings!
Yum!
Hormonal issues, blood pressure, inflammation, and high cholesterol to name a few of the benefits in consuming it. ;)
I’m getting some ...

:passitleft:

Hiya!

Just to let you know a bit more about thuscexcellent oil. First of all, i have never seen an oil absorb as quickly as Pumpkin Seed Oil! Never. It us brilliant carrier for carrying those cannabinoids to the root of the pain. And never does it leave a greasy feeling. I use grape seed oil in other formulations for other reasons. Primarily, despite the fact that it does not necessarily absorb quickly, it is a brilliant oil for replenishing the skin and moisturizing dry epidermis. That is my primary use for Grape Seed Oil. But nothing, and I mean nothing at all, beats Pumpkin Seed Oil as a carrier for cannabinoids as they move from the top of the skin to the muscles below.

I hope this information helps. And I hope I don't sound terrifyingly adamant about what i'm talking about but I'm speaking from years of professional service in the homecrafted lotion and soapmaking milieu. I'd like to think I have some idea what I'm talking about, without just blowing it out of my proverbial bum.

All my best,
Magnus!
Thanks Magnus! I appreciate you dropping by and your input on the benefits of both! I'll remember the grape seed oil if my psoriasis kicks in. I'm halfway thru your thread. Great stuff! I might venture into making my own soap for holiday gifts and my own use. I make everything else from scratch! Why not soap?

Cheers! LG

Hi Lady,

Hope you dont mind my two cents worth, but you do NOT need a preservative with this formulation. The ONLY time you need to use a preservative is when you are making a true lotion with water based ingredients. Wgen you are using straight up oil and beeswax you will never heed a preservative.

Please dont waste your money on something you neither need nor know how to use properly.

If you do decide you ever want to learn how to make a trye lotion, like the kind you would purchase in the store but infused with cannabus, justbreach out to me and ill tell you hiw to do it. But i just dont want to type out all those instructions if no one is deadly serious about making a true lotion.

Im an old hand at making real lotions tgat are sale worthy in a professional realm.

Just trying to help.
All my best,
Magnus!
I don't mind advice at all! Excellent! Thank you Magnus! If I try lotion, I'll let you know. I am fond of body butters and rarely use lotions.

Awesome new lady!!! Hope I find you well this morning! I’ll also be checking out Magnus thread. Thanks for the info.
Thank you! I went out today with no anxiety and cranked up the tunes in the car. As soon as I turned on the car...Don't Stop Believing by Journey! Then the killer songs just kept following! It's like all my Chakras are lining up! :peace: Yahoo!:cool:

Thanks @Magnus8 :thumb: I’m going to add some pumpkin seed oil to my blend now! And sorry for getting you mixed up with another member (with a similar name) - I’ll blame that one on brain fog. :rolleyes:o_O

Awesomest health report m’Lady :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Onwards she flies from here :slide:

Yum!

I’m getting some ...

:passitleft:
Oh yeah! I got wings today! :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom