Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Ok...so I am disappointed so far with the Pua Mana Ohana seeds I got. The additional two I dropped...one needed help getting the seed cover off and the other didn't crack at all. I thought I saw germination but I was wrong. These seeds are hard hard hard and small! I won't dismiss them yet...I just don't like dropping 5 seeds to get 3 to germinate. Not at the price I paid for regular seeds.

Sadly I'm a bit of a Diva when it comes to the finer things in life. I want this to work!...I was actually supposed to be a princess, but someone or something intervened! Obviously someone didn't get the memo! :rofl: That B*$ch Sleeping Beauty better get outta my castle! Any way...if these seeds are the real deal...OK. I can live with some loss here. I'll even try another strain of theirs...but, they will lose my interest quick if I don't get a winner. I'm new to cannabis, but not new to growing and starting my own seeds.

More to come! Dropped 1 more in hopes to get a total of 3 Pua seedlings. I'm taking clones as well. If they turn out...Yay for me!

Wait so no tail, knew it was just a plot to scare me... Pfft.. As if.... LOL... Gm Ladies... Green days to all...
Morning Sunshine! Have a wonderful day! The "Princess" is going to the salon today! :rofl:

My soil needs just a little more time. Otherwise I would have. I was anxious to get them started! :rofl:

Our soil is VERY alive--to the point where oftentimes weaker genetics, or those NOT grown in a high calcium soil just don't seem to have the same germ rates in our soil. Not sure what the cause is, but I can say for sure that my own High brix seeds and others I've tried seem to do really well--but sometimes weaker ones, not so much, and it's impossible to say which those will be until we've tried it.

When I'm unsure of the strength of the seeds/genetics, I'll start them in a Rapid Rooter or similar, and transplant into the 1gal in the first few days of sprouting. Seems to up my germ success with new strains a bit--hope this helps!

:passitleft:

Our soil is VERY alive--to the point where oftentimes weaker genetics, or those NOT grown in a high calcium soil just don't seem to have the same germ rates in our soil. Not sure what the cause is, but I can say for sure that my own High brix seeds and others I've tried seem to do really well--but sometimes weaker ones, not so much, and it's impossible to say which those will be until we've tried it.

When I'm unsure of the strength of the seeds/genetics, I'll start them in a Rapid Rooter or similar, and transplant into the 1gal in the first few days of sprouting. Seems to up my germ success with new strains a bit--hope this helps!

:passitleft:
I've been using the Rapid Rooters to start all my seeds, including my tomatoes, and then transplanting them into the 1 Gallon pots without a problem. This is the first time I have had problems with seeds germinating. I have two strong Pua Mowies now and one more to come hopefully. They all look healthy. So that is good! That should give me one girl at least from the regulars. I have one of the Nirvana Maui Fems. I am going to put them all in 1 gallon containers tonight. My soil is cooked and ready now! Time for the real action to begin!

Ya might try scruffing them

Roll up a bit of sandpaper like a pencil size, hold it between your fingers with a couple seeds inside and shake it for a few minutes

Has helped me with hard seeds

Ok...so I am disappointed so far with the Pua Mana Ohana seeds I got. The additional two I dropped...one needed help getting the seed cover off and the other didn't crack at all. I thought I saw germination but I was wrong. These seeds are hard hard hard and small! I won't dismiss them yet...I just don't like dropping 5 seeds to get 3 to germinate. Not at the price I paid for regular seeds.
Hopefully the seeds will still pop for you (my longest wait has been six days) but I totally agree, nothing worse than seeds that won't crack. For your future seeds, try scuffing them as Chris mentioned and then dropping them in water for 24-36 hours. That should soften them up. Either way, this seed bank needs to stand behind their product and get you some replacements. I wonder if they realize how many future sales are going to be decided by the results of your grow!

Roll up a bit of sandpaper like a pencil size, hold it between your fingers with a couple seeds inside and shake it for a few minutes

I line a 4 dram vial with fine sandpaper, put some sand in there with the seeds as a buffer and shake it back and forth, but same concept for sure!

Hopefully the seeds will still pop for you (my longest wait has been six days) but I totally agree, nothing worse than seeds that won't crack. For your future seeds, try scuffing them as Chris mentioned and then dropping them in water for 24-36 hours. That should soften them up. Either way, this seed bank needs to stand behind their product and get you some replacements. I wonder if they realize how many future sales are going to be decided by the results of your grow!

I line a 4 dram vial with fine sandpaper, put some sand in there with the seeds as a buffer and shake it back and forth, but same concept for sure!

Sand would be a great addition for sure

Thanks! I will try that. Nothing wrong with the seedlings that came up. They are strong and seem perfectly normal. I want to try some of their other strains, like Kona Gold and Blue Hawaiian. It depends on these babies. I love having babies in the house again! When I'm 90. I'll still be growing....if I'm around:rofl:

I won't be too hard on the seedbank during the grow. The kids are looking good so far. Good strong snow white roots are popping out of the Rapid Rooters. With Doc's kit, they are sure to flourish. Reminds me...I need a new filter before they get too big and some supplies for making pain cream! Have a great weekend!:passitleft:

Used to visit over there. Was going to suggest pumpkins seed oil for topicals. My next batch will be that as base or apricot. I made about 3/4 pint from grape seed and bees wax. It takes a bit of effort to get the skin to absorb grape seed oil. Just my 2 cents of course. :bongrip:

Sadly I'm a bit of a Diva when it comes to the finer things in life. I want this to work!...I was actually supposed to be a princess, but someone or something intervened! Obviously someone didn't get the memo! :rofl: That B*$ch Sleeping Beauty better get outta my castle!

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't stop smiling.

Couldn't imagine you being a Diva, cause you don't have to put "sleeping beauty" on your name tag to get friends like SHE does. Not very lady like "sleeping" around like that, :) hahahahahaha

BTW, fire your hired help, they dropped the memo. No Diva here...lol

Thinking about you tons lately...:love: of you being in your castle. Hey I wonder if I could kick the soccer ball up to your castle tower. It may take me all day but I will!!!

Used to visit over there. Was going to suggest pumpkins seed oil for topicals. My next batch will be that as base or apricot. I made about 3/4 pint from grape seed and bees wax. It takes a bit of effort to get the skin to absorb grape seed oil. Just my 2 cents of course. :bongrip:
I read that bit on skin absorption. So far my Amazon cart has pumpkin seed oil, African Shea butter, bees wax, and I still need a preservative. My essential oils I will initially play with will be frankincense, myrrh, ginger, tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, & Palo Santo. Should be fun! :slide: Not done shopping. I have been waiting for 4 months for this week!:laugh:

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't stop smiling.

Couldn't imagine you being a Diva, cause you don't have to put "sleeping beauty" on your name tag to get friends like SHE does. Not very lady like "sleeping" around like that, :) hahahahahaha

BTW, fire your hired help, they dropped the memo. No Diva here...lol

Thinking about you tons lately...:love: of you being in your castle. Hey I wonder if I could kick the soccer ball up to your castle tower. It may take me all day but I will!!!
Lady. you sure are welcome to kick the soccer ball around. Just try not to hit one of the cats! lol I like fine wine, fine food, and fine men! Ha-Ha! :rofl: That's the Diva in me. I'm not worried about breaking a nail taking Sleeping Beauty down for checking out My Man! :laugh:

Hmm - I’d thought grapeseed oil was one that Mag7 thought was good for absorption.

I have no issues with it. The pain oil I made uses a blend of grapeseed oil and fractionated coconut oil. I use it straight, as an oil (didn’t want to dilute potentcy any further by adding anything else), and it’s awesome and absorbs really well.
:thumb:
Maybe different skin has different absorptive traits? I mean it oil for a minute but 5mins later it’s definitely not oily at all.

A very good day to ya m’Lady :passitleft:

Hmm - I’d thought grapeseed oil was one that Mag7 thought was good for absorption.

I have no issues with it. The pain oil I made uses a blend of grapeseed oil and fractionated coconut oil. I use it straight, as an oil (didn’t want to dilute potentcy any further by adding anything else), and it’s awesome and absorbs really well.
:thumb:
Maybe different skin has different absorptive traits? I mean it oil for a minute but 5mins later it’s definitely not oily at all.

A very good day to ya m’Lady :passitleft:
Hiya Miss Amy!! You are good with both of those oils Amy. They were both on the list from Magnus study hall. I wanted to try a different oil this time, that is why I am getting the pumpkin seed oil. Apricot is good as well. Pumpkin seed oil has some great nutritional value, too. I thought I would use some in my salad dressings! Hormonal issues, blood pressure, inflammation, and high cholesterol to name a few of the benefits in consuming it. ;) It's not great for cooking, because it gas a low smoke point! I'll have to post some salad dressing recipes. I don't buy them anymore. I also have to make them often, because the girls and one of the owners where I work plow through it! lol

Just a little woohoo! :yahoo: to share. I am down to 2 mg of the steroid Medrol, been on the new RA drug Xeljanz for 2 months now. My last visit to my rheumatologist 2 months ago my C-Reactive Protein, a marker for inflammation, was 104.9, normal is 0-3. I just got my results from Friday. I'm at 3.0:yahoo:That combined with a "no cancer or pre-cancer cells found" from my GI Doc and a diagnosis that my Crohn's is in remission!....OH YEAH! :slide:So what am I going to do with this gift? I'm going full throttle on the Whole 30 diet and going back to water aerobics! Time to lose this steroid weight and take back my life! And my cannabis dosing has added a new plateau of health and wellness to my life! I am sleeping, I am happy, I am loving growing these beautiful plants! They helped me when the previous 4 drugs failed! With diet, cannabis, and my RA drug, I think I can keep myself moving and functioning. The downside is that I have no immune system on this new RA drug. Cannabis, diet, supplements, and immune boosters like Manuka honey should help. Sadly I have become a germaphobe. Oh well! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom