Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Show me the Maui!!
:popcorn:
Wow! That's how it is?! It's all about my Mau and not my charming personality?!! Haha! I'll get them up late tonight. The girls need a drink tonight anyway! The Mauis buds are looking sweet!

Hi all! Sorry...fell asleep in the chair watching TV last night! lol. Here are the overdue pics!
The Pua Maui is a real performer! Her buds are a real treat to look at! The Pua is at day 72 and 3 weeks into flip.
Her twisted stems from her super-crop are heavy with buds. She is a real sturdy gal!

The Nirvana Maui is no slouch! She has a lot of bud sights. Much more foliage than her sister. Her buds will be smaller. The Nirvana is at day 77 and 3 weeks into flip.
The smell is very herbal and woodsy. A light skunkiness. They are going to taste delicious! :drool:

First up is the Pua Mana 'Ohana Maui! She's a real looker folks! She smells yummy and she knows how to frost her stems!

Next up is her sister the Nirvana Maui! She is a bit more demure, but don't let her fool you. She's packing!

And here they are side by side!

It will be time for their Cat drench when they dry out next and another foliar, too!! The had a nice drink of water last night before bed with a smidge of TP.

Enjoy the pics. Going over a friends for a big screen showing of The Blues Brothers! I made empanadas. I'll post my empanada filling recipe! Came out yummy!

These are a fun hand held snack you can dose! Enjoy!

Lady Gaea's Empanada filling

1 ¼ pound steak tips, in 1/8-inch dice (or very coarsely ground)

Salt and pepper

olive oil, for sautéing

1 cup diced onion

1 serrano pepper minced

3 ounces diced chorizo

4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced

2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme

2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram

2 tablespoon tomato paste

1 teaspoon paprika

Large pinch of Chipotle pepper

1 teaspoon of ground cumin

¾ cup of chicken broth

½ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts

1-1/2 cups monterey jack cheese

cannabis oil of choice

Make the filling: Season chopped beef with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a wide heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and saute until nicely browned, stirring continuously, about 5 minutes.

Turn heat down to medium and add the onion and chorizo. Keep turning mixture with a spatula until onion is softened and browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, serrano, thyme and marjoram and stir well to incorporate. cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, chipotle, cumin, then add the broth. Turn heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring welL.

Cook until a sauce forms and just coats the mix. You want it moist but not runny. adjust seasoning as needed.

Moisten the outer edge of each empanada round with water. Put about 2 tablespoons filling in the center of each round. Add your cannabis dose over the meat! Sprinkle with cheese and minced green onion. Wrap dough around filling to form a half moon shape, press the edges together. Fold edge back and crimp by hand or with a fork

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Place empanadas on parchment-lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Brush tops lightly with olive oil and bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.

Enjoy!

Great stuff Lady G,..love your pots...:thumb:...Great movie too!:surf:
Thanks Duggs! I got a good sleep last night after my week from hell!! lol! I made apple pie and empanadas for the movie! :drool:

Hi all...So I have to say that I am learning to "grow" by listening to my plants this time...Let me re-phrase...I'm learning how NOT to do things this time, by watching and learning. I won't do a 14/10 cycle for veg again. I'm not seeing the best growth and bud formation this time as with 16/8. I'm not growing in Hawaii, I'm growing in a tent. I need to optimize the environment I can offer to go with the soil I have, and Doc Buds's TOTALLY AWSOME kit!

Don't get me wrong...I love these girls. My belief is that every living creation should fulfill their destiny. I don't care that I may get a low yield this time, It's the quality of the bud that counts. I have no doubt these girls will Dress To Impress in the end! I got the topping time wrong, the training wrong, and the light cycle wrong!

I will repeat this grow at some point and change the light cycle and training. I gotta say this lovely creature is a blast to get to know! Intuitive growing should be taught in high school! :rofl::rofl: Can you imagine if there was such a class? F*ck Home Economics and Cooking! :oops: Unless it's "Cooking with Cannabis 101" :cool:
Hey nothing s good cure drying can’t do

You got this :Namaste:

Just got my mouth watering ,..reading that recipe,..:high-five:
Serve those bad boys with some guacamole and sour cream....Ooooo la la! :battingeyelashes:

That ‘Ohana baby got my mouth watering! That looks fantastic! :D:thumb:

They’re both looking super m’lady :) thanks for sharing them. I’m happy you got a good sleep! Enjoy your weekend.
:Namaste:
Why thank you Miss Amy! Enjoy the weekend as well! Much to celebrate today! It is our Autumn Equinox! I love the change in season! :green_heart:

Yes! the Spring equinox here. I’ve celebrated so far by transplanting ... and I dropped another seed just low too :thumb:

Imagine something for me m’lady please... if you had never topped the Pua mana ohana and had given it, say, 10weeks veg (almost half of that time in a big pot, about 13-14gal), do you think it would get nice and tall?

I do remember you saying it was growing like crazy...

Yes! the Spring equinox here. I’ve celebrated so far by transplanting ... and I dropped another seed just low too :thumb:

Imagine something for me m’lady please... if you had never topped the Pua mana ohana and had given it, say, 10weeks veg (almost half of that time in a big pot, about 13-14gal), do you think it would get nice and tall?

I do remember you saying it was growing like crazy...

Yes. I think she would get really tall, but skinny. She doesn't have a lot of foliage. Left on her own, I would imagine a couple of packed and tall colas. I think the topping with her is a good idea if you want to increase her yield. I would love to see her mainlined. I think she would do well. She seems to do well with training. She slowed her upward motion when I super cropped. Interesting strain! I don't think she will ever be a super producer, but I'm not interested in quantity, just quality!

Thanks - that’s helpful. I’m pretty sure I’ll run one ... to top or not to top is the thought that occupies me ... I do so love an untopped plant.

Have you been over to Turbo’s lately? He has numerous different phenos going on it seems... Sone of them look a bit like yours so there’s some consistency and a bit of variation it seems.

The flowers on both your girls are looking really really nice :)

Thanks - that’s helpful. I’m pretty sure I’ll run one ... to top or not to top is the thought that occupies me ... I do so love an untopped plant.

Have you been over to Turbo’s lately? He has numerous different phenos going on it seems... Sone of them look a bit like yours so there’s some consistency and a bit of variation it seems.

The flowers on both your girls are looking really really nice :)
I understand about not topping and just letting them go. They are beautiful! I would like to run her in a greenhouse or outside so she doesn't need be topped or trained. Hubby said I could have a greenhouse once we get a house. Soooo excited for that!

I'm going to check Turbo's place now! Thanks. I have not been by for a while!

A greenhouse would be a dream come true.
Yup!:battingeyelashes: I don't need a big one. I would like it attached to the house so the kitties can hang out with me and lounge in the sun when they want. Just big enough to grow lettuce and spinach year-round, start veggies, and grow super big cannabis plants!

We are looking to the future for me. The house and greenhouse needs to be wheelchair accessible. I'm thinking worst case, but we want to be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom