Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Mmmmm.....Sushi. I love me some sushi!
Haha! Just had sushi for lunch. I've been craving it. I think this is the third time in a week! Sushi is easy to dose too!

You do?.....I like my fish cooked...wtf!
Grew up eating all seafood Duggs but I didn't get into Sushi until later in life. Going to Japan while I was in the Marine Corps really introduced me to top notch Sushi. Its on a different level there. No where in the USA can touch Japan for quality sushi.

When you have really fresh seafood, its a true difference maker.

Haha! Just had sushi for lunch. I've been craving it. I think this is the third time in a week! Sushi is easy to dose too!
Easy to dose eh...not like my oil caps ffs!...lmao
Grew up eating all seafood Duggs but I didn't get into Sushi until later in life. Going to Japan while I was in the Marine Corps really introduced me to top notch Sushi. Its on a different level there. No where in the USA can touch Japan for quality sushi.

When you have really fresh seafood, its a true difference maker.
Gotcha...understood Van.My dad was in the RCN and travelled there too....before my time....he never mentioned sushi...only the geisha girls...lol

If you have access to really great fresh fish, you can make your own! I love making it, but I do have some great places near me that pass as pretty damn good when it's just me eating it. Canna leaves might be a fun addition to a sushi roll!

OK so please pardon me for being pedantic (cause i am often - so really, please pardon me;) ) ... sushi is really just to do with the vinegar rice and the style of presentation and can be made without fish. Sometimes it is even made with cooked fish. Fish sliced in special ways and eaten raw, is sashimi (so is other kinds of meat served this way) . So if you have a roll (or a block) that has raw fish, it is sushi made with sashimi fish.

My favourite sushi rolls are the ones with cucumber! I worked at a boutique Japanese restaurant for a number of years (I was one of 3 non Japanese out of many and was mostly the barista And the joint roller after close :)) and they used to make this incredible plate of sashimi Trevally that looked like a lotus flower and was sliced so thin you could see the pattern of the plate below it - was quite a sight! And delicious too :drool:

Hey Lady G

I'm out on my well needed escape

I'm gonna try a new thing to cook:theband:

Trout wrapped in BACON!!!!

Gonna perfect my de-boning of the trout, stuff with herbs and onion and a dash or three of lemon

We shall see

Hope yer back is better, trust me, getting 4 bolts in my back was the best thing I ever did

OK so please pardon me for being pedantic (cause i am often - so really, please pardon me;) ) ... sushi is really just to do with the vinegar rice and the style of presentation and can be made without fish. Sometimes it is even made with cooked fish. Fish sliced in special ways and eaten raw, is sashimi (so is other kinds of meat served this way) . So if you have a roll (or a block) that has raw fish, it is sushi made with sashimi fish.

My favourite sushi rolls are the ones with cucumber! I worked at a boutique Japanese restaurant for a number of years (I was one of 3 non Japanese out of many and was mostly the barista And the joint roller after close :)) and they used to make this incredible plate of sashimi Trevally that looked like a lotus flower and was sliced so thin you could see the pattern of the plate below it - was quite a sight! And delicious too :drool:
Trevally sushi huh. Man that is a fish on my list to catch. I love getting medicated and watching fishing shows and I have seen some killer shows with people after the GT (Giant Trevally). I have seen them hunt flying birds.....literally jumping several feet to snag a gull in its mouth. And their size!! Man.....some day! I so want to experience the beauty and power of the GT. Looks like a fishing trip in Australia might be in order in a few years!

QUOTE]incredible plate of sashimi Trevally that looked like a lotus flower [/QUOTE]

Truly outstanding !

I would love to try:peace:

Correct Amy!!! Well said! I too love veggie sushi! I'm just going to have to get my sushi mat out soon! I will make some fun rolls! Some without fish!

Hey Lady G

I'm out on my well needed escape

I'm gonna try a new thing to cook:theband:

Trout wrapped in BACON!!!!

Gonna perfect my de-boning of the trout, stuff with herbs and onion and a dash or three of lemon

We shall see

Hope yer back is better, trust me, getting 4 bolts in my back was the best thing I ever did
Yum!!! Sounds awesome!

Without fish ,...veggie rolls...:reading420magazine:...waddaya u guys talkin bout....where's the food....for pete's sake .:rofl:
For you Duggs..some sweet sticky rice! Or maybe a play on sushi with some teriyaki style beef rolls! Haha!

Yes, I haven't seen the Maui for awhile.
Haha! Point well taken. Worked 14 hours yesterday and the day before. Add in 2 hours a day commuting and not much time left. Last weeken was a wake out of town. Another 12 hours today expected. I'm on the drive in now....pics this weekend! They smell GREAT and the Puas buds are looking saweet!!!! Sorry all! Thanks for hanging in with me!

Back
Top Bottom