Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Hey LG, those ladies are looking awesome! I have to ask because I think I noticed this in the pics of the Pua Maui, is she experiencing photoperiod stress? I see some 3 bladed fans on her... makes me feel for you... been there a few times now. I sure hope she still performs well for you. I have noticed the 3 blade stress really reduces the root structure... Are there any 3 blade on the other girl?
Hi Dajerm! She's been weird all along. I'm not sure if it's photoperiod stress or not. I have had no light leaks. We lost power once for about 4-5 minutes. We will see how she turns out. I doubt her yield will be great. I'm not sure I will run her again, unless she has some surprises for me in the end. ....oh yeah. No 3 blades on the Nirvana. She's growing normally.

Hey there LadyG! Mornin to ya woman......:passitleft:Hope you feel great today....i'm gonna play in some oil today....:ganjamon:
Mornin Dubbs! I'll just grab my coffee...be right over! ;)

Tonight's recipe is dedicated to my friend @Lady G2HM who absolutely loves cheesy taters. I'll be making potatoes au gratin. Sadly, I won't infuse them for myself tonight, but I do recommend it! Recipe and pics to come later!

Here is my yummy taters...2 options for dosing

View media item 1602578
Lady Gaea’s Au Gratin Canna Potatoes

Bake at 375 degrees F for about an hour.

3 pounds of russet potatoes, sliced in 1/8 inch thin rounds

2-1/2 cups heavy cream

2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese, about 7 ounces

1 clove garlic, about 1-2 teaspoon fresh pressed or minced

1tablespoon butter

2 tablespoon of roux (* recipe below ~cooked butter and flour for thickening)

1-1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh thyme

1 teaspoon of dried or fresh chopped parsley

¼ teaspoon of nutmeg

½ teaspoon sea salt

¼ teaspoon of black pepper

4 scallions, white and light green part only, sliced into thin coins

paprika to sprinkle on the top

**cannabis oil

**if you are dosing with cannabis, use individual casserole dishes. Put your cannabis dose after the 2nd layer of potatoes. Alternately you can add your cannabis oil to some melted garlic butter and stir into panko crumbs to use as a buttery crunchy topping instead. Add topping when the potatoes have about 10 minutes left. The individual dishes will take less time to bake and I would drop the baking temp to 350 degrees F

Directions
  • Make the roux in a small pan and set aside
  • Peel and slice the potatoes. Put in a large bowl
  • In a saucepan cook the garlic in the butter until fragrant only…do not brown it too much or it will be bitter
  • Add the roux to the pan and whisk in a little cream to incorporate the roux and add the rest of the cream once smooth.
  • Add the thyme, parsley, nutmeg, sea salt, & pepper
  • Bring cream mixture only until it steaming and bubbles are just forming on the edge of the pan, stirring all the while, and turn off the heat.
  • Spread a very thin layer of the cream mixture on the bottom of a buttered 9” x 13” casserole pan. (I use individual casserole dishes when dosing)
  • Pour the rest of the cream over the potatoes in the bowl and stir well until all slices are coated.
  • Layer the sliced potatoes in the pan, slightly overlapping them. Sprinkle with shredded Gruyère cheese (half of what you shredded). Add another layer of potatoes. If dosing, drizzle your canna oil over before adding the next layer of shredded Gruyère cheese. Sprinkle the sliced green onion evenly after the cheese. Add the last layer of potatoes and pour the rest of the cream mixture on top evenly. You don’t want it swimming in the cream mixture…just so it is filling in the layers, much like sand around a slate walkway. So…3 layers of potatoes and 2 layers of cheese.
  • Sprinkle the top with a little paprika.
  • Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil after 40 minutes. Put back in the oven and bake until the top begins to brown and a knife can easily pierce the potatoes, about another 15-20 minutes.

*Roux

4 tablespoons of Ghee, but butter works too
6 tablespoons flour
Directions:

Heat butter over medium high heat. Add flour all at once and whisk it well. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low and cook until it smells toasty and turns a light tan in color. Cool. You can keep some in refrigerator to thicken gravies or stew.

I would like this twice if they let me!

Too bad our country values $$ over well being and the profit machine seems to treat our huddled masses like sheep to be shorn. But that requires my soapbox, which I inverted and turned into a planter box...
What he said on opening statement is the real problem of the world in my eyes and mind. Health and love over money and popularity anyday for me .

Ok....I promised! Here it is. This is my veggie chili. It's good enough for my cookbook. Sorry for the crappy pic. Once we are in the new place I'll have my photographer come for a day of cooking. He's also my proof reader! The man is multi-talented. He just so happens to like to eat!
IMG_0895.jpg

I have a really f'ugly looking kitchen right now. I need to get this book moving.

If I had some applewood smoked dulse, it would have been a nice add-in too.

Lady Gaea’s 4 Bean Veggie Chili

1 can Eden Organic kidney beans

1 can Eden Organic pinto beans

1 can Eden Organic black beans

1 can Eden Organic garbanzo beans

1 - 1/2 cup onions, diced

1-1/2 cup carrots, diced

1 large poblano pepper, seeded and diced

*1 eggplant, roasted (see below)

4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced

1/2 habanero pepper, finely diced

1 serano pepper, seeded and finely diced

2 -3 tablespoons olive oil

1 -32 ounce can of peeled whole Marzano plum tomatoes, crushed by hand with juice

4 cups lower sodium vegetable broth- Imagine Foods is what I use

I tablespoon of real maple syrup or honey

1tablespoon of ground cumin

1teaspoon dried Greek oregano

1 teaspoon of sweet paprika

1 tablespoon sundried pasilla chile, seeded and finely diced

1 tablespoon sundried guajillo pepper, seeded and finely diced

1 teaspoon of ancho chile powder

1 teaspoonof chipotle chile powder

1teaspoon new Mexican chile powder

1 teaspoon salt – I use coarse ground pink Himalayan . You can always add more salt later….you can’t take it away once you have added too much!

1 - 3 inch piece of dried Kombu seaweed

1 tablespoon of grated bittersweet or dark chocolate, Yes. Chocolate. REALLY.

Sauté the onions, poblano pepper, carrots, and fresh chilis until the onions are soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more stirring. Add the dried spices, salt, and chili powders. Stir well. Add the tomatoes, the eggplant, and veggie broth. Stir until it slowly comes to a bubble. Throw in the beans and the dried Kombu (remove Kombu after cooking) Cook on low…just simmering for about an 30 – 45 minutes. Take off the heat and add the chocolate

* Peel eggplants and slice into ½ inch rounds. Salt both sides generously. Let sit for 45 minutes. Rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Brush both sides with olive oil and bake on a foil lined cookie sheet for about 20 minutes @ 375 degrees. Cool. Dice into chunks. This method takes the bitterness from the eggplant and it holds together better.
See it is days like this where o wish my wife would be on mag. She would be all ready to try that and beans oh my so much better source and healthier way to get everything you need and more then red meat. Love beans .

Looks really good I love a good chilli :goodjob:

See it is days like this where o wish my wife would be on mag. She would be all ready to try that and beans oh my so much better source and healthier way to get everything you need and more then red meat. Love beans .

Looks really good I love a good chilli :goodjob:
Thanks Joe! I like meat chili, but this is a close 2nd in my book!

Well...poop! The job I wanted emailed with a polite rejection tonight, and the job that pays very well, but entitles me to a verbal ass whipping by unhappy customers daily want me in for a 3rd and final interview. Not sure if I want to laugh or cry...Might do a little of both. The "more pay" is great, but I feel dirty by taking it....LOL. No, it's not illegal...it's me pimping myself out only with respect to taking a paycheck for doing something where I'd rather chew broken glass instead...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
In my best whiny voice! I don't want to adult anymore! :rolleyes: I'll put on a happy face and prepare myself for my new role of, "Please sir, may I have another!" :thumb:

Well...poop! The job I wanted emailed with a polite rejection tonight, and the job that pays very well, but entitles me to a verbal ass whipping by unhappy customers daily want me in for a 3rd and final interview. Not sure if I want to laugh or cry...Might do a little of both. The "more pay" is great, but I feel dirty by taking it....LOL. No, it's not illegal...it's me pimping myself out only with respect to taking a paycheck for doing something where I'd rather chew broken glass instead...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
In my best whiny voice! I don't want to adult anymore! :rolleyes: I'll put on a happy face and prepare myself for my new role of, "Please sir, may I have another!" :thumb:
That's what we all do. Trading hours for dollars

Back
Top Bottom