Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Off to brave the snotty shoppers at Whole Foods for ingredients. I may need bail money. I hate shopping there...:(

Girls looking really well rooted, bonus... Amy damn nice looking chickpeas, a staple of my meals as much as possible... Single guy means really basic meals.... I eat vegetarian style alot, but hardly ever a day without some meat... Chicken and fish mostly... Much love and greenest of days to all
Thanks MH! Enjoy this beautiful day!

Back from the market with a plethora (LOVE this word!) of goodies to prepare for my foray into following a vegetarian diet for a healthy reset.

You all know my thoughts on dosing. Any recipe can be dosed, some work better than others. Bold food flavors like garlic, tomato, spicy, and ethnic foods work great! Some cannabis strains work better than others.

For using raw cannabis with food....here is a little test on how I classify my cannabis taste. Start with a clean palate. You want to use the young small leaves, not big rough fan leaves for munching. I like to vape a small amount first and cleanse my palate with a saltine cracker and some sparkling water. I find vaping heightens my taste sense.

I lightly crush the leaves with my teeth and let the juices roll on my tongue a bit. You can get a lot of flavor hints this way for pairing. Common flavor profiles you might notice are citrus, pine, woody, berry, grassy, soapy, juniper berry, hoppy, peppery, onion, and spicy.

Raw cannabis is light in flavor and is really good for you. Use your trim! Mix in your salad or throw them in your smoothie. Add to eggs, rice pilaf, or bulgar wheat salad! Stir into chicken or tuna salad!

How did the veggy day go Hun????

Did ya make a midnight run on that sausage,???
Haha! Actually starting tomorrow. I have a lot of prep to do for the freezer. Making chili and pea soup. The sausage I'll throw in the chili if I like it. Spent a small fortune at the grocery store today stocking up.
Seaweed, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, split peas, French lentils, celery, carrots, eggplant, berries, grass fed whey protein, Amazing Greens powder, shrooms, plum tomatoes......oiy! Various sundried chilis :slide::slide::slide:...um spices, nuts, bits and twigs...oh yeah! A magic wand!

Haha! Actually starting tomorrow. I have a lot of prep to do for the freezer. Making chili and pea soup. The sausage I'll throw in the chili if I like it. Spent a small fortune at the grocery store today stocking up.
Seaweed, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, split peas, French lentils, celery, carrots, eggplant, berries, grass fed whey protein, Amazing Greens powder, shrooms, plum tomatoes......oiy! Various sundried chilis :slide::slide::slide:...um spices, nuts, bits and twigs...oh yeah! A magic wand!
Have you ever made portabelo shrooms burgers

Would almost make me switch....lol...cept I'd still need a replacement for oysters, crab, lobsta....dead cow...and a million more things

Seriously, fresh veggies are the best, I'm gonna focus better this winter in my veggies growing. Had good luck this year but need to start early, like January 1st, so starts are solid for outside in February
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mmm

Have you ever made portabelo shrooms burgers

Would almost make me switch....lol...cept I'd still need a replacement for oysters, crab, lobsta....dead cow...and a million more things

Seriously, fresh veggies are the best, I'm gonna focus better this winter in my veggies growing. Had good luck this year but need to start early, like January 1st, so starts are solid for outside in February
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mmm
I love grilled teriyaki style portos on the grill and mini porto pizzas. I make a veggie patty that I put portos in, too. I'm still tweaking that recipe. I can do without meat really. I can take or leave it. I could see myself easily being a pescatarian. I love fish and shellfish. I have to eat my lunch out of sight of our fish tank at work when it's sushi. Our puffer Fatty and our clown trigger Bebee are my buds at work. Fish are friends, not food...:rofl:

Back from the market with a plethora (LOVE this word!) of goodies to prepare for my foray into following a vegetarian diet for a healthy reset.

You all know my thoughts on dosing. Any recipe can be dosed, some work better than others. Bold food flavors like garlic, tomato, spicy, and ethnic foods work great! Some cannabis strains work better than others.

For using raw cannabis with food....here is a little test on how I classify my cannabis taste. Start with a clean palate. You want to use the young small leaves, not big rough fan leaves for munching. I like to vape a small amount first and cleanse my palate with a saltine cracker and some sparkling water. I find vaping heightens my taste sense.

I lightly crush the leaves with my teeth and let the juices roll on my tongue a bit. You can get a lot of flavor hints this way for pairing. Common flavor profiles you might notice are citrus, pine, woody, berry, grassy, soapy, juniper berry, hoppy, peppery, onion, and spicy.

Raw cannabis is light in flavor and is really good for you. Use your trim! Mix in your salad or throw them in your smoothie. Add to eggs, rice pilaf, or bulgar wheat salad! Stir into chicken or tuna salad!
Nice, I love the word accoutrements.... When I go to work as a lawn guy everyday, I have to have all my accoutrements... knife, pruners, other knife, plus all my lawn equipment... Yep love that word!
I dont really see why people like the fake sausages or fake meats... they pretty much all taste wrong and the texture is always way off the mark. And did I mention they just taste funny to me?
I gotta ask LG, why not get some plant based protein powder?

Nice, I love the word accoutrements.... When I go to work as a lawn guy everyday, I have to have all my accoutrements... knife, pruners, other knife, plus all my lawn equipment... Yep love that word!

I dont really see why people like the fake sausages or fake meats... they pretty much all taste wrong and the texture is always way off the mark. And did I mention they just taste funny to me?
I gotta ask LG, why not get some plant based protein powder?

I actually have some Nutiva Plant Protein mix and I'm not crazy about the taste. I also need all the calcium I can get that is not a supplement, which the whey protein has. I went in for a bone density test and found it's dropping due to the longtime use of steroids. Food based calcium is easier for my body to utilize than taking a pill. I try to eat a lot of foods with vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium. Thankfully, plants are great contributors to that.

I doubt I'm going to like the sausage. I find most pre-made foods are terrible. I picked it up out of curiosity more than anything. My dad worked in a food lab for a stint when he was a chemist. I miss chatting to him about his days doing that.

I ordered some Applewood smoked dulse to add to my dishes when I want a "smokey" flavor to a dish. It's really a very yummy seasoning.

I actually have some Nutiva Plant Protein mix and I'm not crazy about the taste. I also need all the calcium I can get that is not a supplement, which the whey protein has. I went in for a bone density test and found it's dropping due to the longtime use of steroids. Food based calcium is easier for my body to utilize than taking a pill. I try to eat a lot of foods with vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium. Thankfully, plants are great contributors to that.

I doubt I'm going to like the sausage. I find most pre-made foods are terrible. I picked it up out of curiosity more than anything. My dad worked in a food lab for a stint when he was a chemist. I miss chatting to him about his days doing that.

I ordered some Applewood smoked dulse to add to my dishes when I want a "smokey" flavor to a dish. It's really a very yummy seasoning.
I agree, most pre made stuff is terrible. Especially if its fast...
Sorry, dont wanna get into your business too much. And yes this article could have been biased... But I read an article the other day and will try to find the link... basically it said the more milk woman drink the larger percentage of bone degredation. Plant based women have denser bones... bone density can also be increased by external pressures such as weight lifting... cardio does nothing for bone density nor does bodyweight workouts (well these may help a little.) I'll see if I can find the article...

I agree, most pre made stuff is terrible. Especially if its fast...
Sorry, dont wanna get into your business too much. And yes this article could have been biased... But I read an article the other day and will try to find the link... basically it said the more milk woman drink the larger percentage of bone degredation. Plant based women have denser bones... bone density can also be increased by external pressures such as weight lifting... cardio does nothing for bone density nor does bodyweight workouts (well these may help a little.) I'll see if I can find the article...
No worries! I welcome advice and don't take offense easily. Not surprising on the bone density and woman drinking milk. I think I remember reading that those with high animal based protein diet and low fruits and veggies will have problem with brittle bones (osteoporosis) due to increased acids forming in the body and a higher level of calcium excretion as a result, vs those who have a mainly plant based diet...more plant than meat and fish. Also many women who have a plant based diet tend to be more athletic...sorry for the stereotyping :rofl:...which helps create healthy bones.

I just get a lot of crap from people for being like I am and when people make comments like that about other vegans and vegitarians it really gets to me. I don’t really give people a hard time about their eating habits so I guess I just wish others had the same respect.
Well said, dajerm. :love:
Sorry this is a bit of a grave dig but, i need to say it. I personally have no issues with people's choices to eat but don't push your choices on others. My immediate family and my wife's sister's family and her in-laws all used to gather for holidays and eat meals. My sis in-law's in-law's daughter decided to become vegetarian and was very pushy about it. (We all need to become vegetarians in her opinion) She convinced her mother to switch. Now holidays meals don't work out because the vegetarian daughter won't come to meals that aren't full vegetarian. Its total BS! To top it all off the brother of the vegetarian is a butcher. lol. I say "to each their own" but dont push your beliefs on others and be flexible about other's choices. The same goes for religious people but that's all i'm going to say about that.

Sorry this is a bit of a grave dig but, i need to say it. I personally have no issues with people's choices to eat but don't push your choices on others. My immediate family and my wife's sister's family and her in-laws all used to gather for holidays and eat meals. My sis in-law's in-law's daughter decided to become vegetarian and was very pushy about it. (We all need to become vegetarians in her opinion) She convinced her mother to switch. Now holidays meals don't work out because the vegetarian daughter won't come to meals that aren't full vegetarian. Its total BS! To top it all off the brother of the vegetarian is a butcher. lol. I say "to each their own" but dont push your beliefs on others and be flexible about other's choices. The same goes for religious people but that's all i'm going to say about that.
Well said my friend, well said

:goodjob:

Yep, what Chris said. Well said indeed...

Off to brave the snotty shoppers at Whole Foods for ingredients. I may need bail money. I hate shopping there...:(
:rofl:
Me too! There was a co-op one where we used to live and I couldn’t even go in there!

We have a local on here tho that is super super clean and part of the local market gardening community so it’s actually really good. And very down to earth - but not too much ;). It was part of the deciding factors to move here! But man that inner city one we used to live near... “ya on yer own darling, I’ll be in the cafe when yer done!” :D

Nice talk through on the tasting of canna leaves... I always get pepper! I’ll need to pay attention to the other subtitles in the future...

:Namaste:

The one thing I always loved about food, and why I became a chef, is it's ability to bring people together. My fondest memories are those spent in the kitchen with my family. Over the years, myself and my sisters and my brother went through changes in the way we ate. My mom always encouraged our interests and there was always something for everyone at our table. I miss her dearly! Three out of the five of us kids studied nutrition. I kick myself for not finishing my degree and becoming a chef instead. Acceptance of the diversity at the table, and diversity in our lives is key to a well rounded existence! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom