Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

I make my own creamer with a can of coconut milk

Indeed. My wife uses the can of coconut milk when we do out cleanse, great for coffee. (I am lactose intolerant);)

Other wise I put the"so delicious " brand in my coffee regularly. I like the un sweetened vanilla.
But the canned is the good stuff for anti yeasty beasties in the belly. . . (Thai-kitchen, I think )
Good stuff going here.
:thumb:

So you folks talking about coconut milk in your coffee... is that the regular coconut milk you’d use in cooking (not the cream, but the milk)? So could I just get a can of it and use it as a coffee creamer?

I’m not vegan, but I don’t do milk very often and have been after a substitute for soy milk. The one I use is lovely and unsweetened but I eat a lot of tofu as well (vegetarian so it’s a good protein source) so... less soy milk might be good.

Thanks for thinking of me m’Lady I’ll send the recipe to the other because we do have vegan friends that would love it... but me? I love cheese! So it’ll be real ricotta for me :D I have so many restrictions on my food at the moment that cheese has become a real pleasure as it’s one of the few things food wise that doesn’t trigger something extreme - so long as I don’t have too much. We have an awesome natural dairy about 20mins down the highway and they have beautiful jersey cows and make the most awesome cheeses.

Man, Duggan - I know what you mean! Even just responding to that post has made me awesomely hungry
:drool:

Thankfully it’s just about lunchtime... I trimmed my blue Dream baby this morning so I can add a lot of that to my lunch :yummy:

So you folks talking about coconut milk in your coffee... is that the regular coconut milk you’d use in cooking (not the cream, but the milk)? So could I just get a can of it and use it as a coffee creamer?

I’m not vegan, but I don’t do milk very often and have been after a substitute for soy milk. The one I use is lovely and unsweetened but I eat a lot of tofu as well (vegetarian so it’s a good protein source) so... less soy milk might be good.

Thanks for thinking of me m’Lady I’ll send the recipe to the other because we do have vegan friends that would love it... but me? I love cheese! So it’ll be real ricotta for me :D I have so many restrictions on my food at the moment that cheese has become a real pleasure as it’s one of the few things food wise that doesn’t trigger something extreme - so long as I don’t have too much. We have an awesome natural dairy about 20mins down the highway and they have beautiful jersey cows and make the most awesome cheeses.

Man, Duggan - I know what you mean! Even just responding to that post has made me awesomely hungry
:drool:

Thankfully it’s just about lunchtime... I trimmed my blue Dream baby this morning so I can add a lot of that to my lunch :yummy:
You have to shake the creamer before use. Also, when choosing coconut milk in a can, make sure the can liner is BPA free.

I love cheese too. Cheeses that are harder have very little lactose in it. The softer cheeses like mozzarella and ricotta do.
Many people that can't tolerate dairy, can tolerate yogurt...same reason. The more tart the yogurt...the less lactose. When I make yogurt, I process it a bit longer for that reason.

Yes the regular coconut milk. Goya is the best. We've tried others that are not good.

I'll try your recipe with dates. Thanks Lady! We do refrigerate it but the last handful of cans did not thicken up, I just saw a can in the freezer, so....
I get Native Forest Classic for coconut milk. Thai Kitchen is what I use if I can't get that. I tried an excellent creamer which my local store sometimes has, Califia almond/coconut. Califia Creamer. It's VERY good!

Indeed. My wife uses the can of coconut milk when we do out cleanse, great for coffee. (I am lactose intolerant);)

Other wise I put the"so delicious " brand in my coffee regularly. I like the un sweetened vanilla.
But the canned is the good stuff for anti yeasty beasties in the belly. . . (Thai-kitchen, I think )
Good stuff going here.
:thumb:
Try the Calfia if you can find it. It's really good. Expensive, but good. Calfia Creamer. They have sweetened and unsweetened, vanilla, and hazelnut. I'm Plain Jane myself!
Thanks! Oh that reminds me, you asked about yoghurt. I have tried one called CoYo - made from, yes, coconut . It’s flavour is really good, I think anyway, but it’s rich so seems heavier than dairy yoghurt.
I'll try it. Thanks! I may just try making it myself again if I don't like that. It's a texture thing with most. Bad gag reflex:rofl::)[/QUOTE]

Morning Lady, time for me to make my Carrot/Mango/Avacado smoothie.. Remember the recipe ??? Gonna be yummy... Green morning, and day..and to all
Yum! Happy Tuesday to ya! Hi ho...hi ho!

Hey everyone, I want to apologize for my comment yesterday.

I just get a lot of crap from people for being like I am and when people make comments like that about other vegans and vegitarians it really gets to me. I don’t really give people a hard time about their eating habits so I guess I just wish others had the same respect.
Have a great day, I hope you guys can forgive me for being rude.
We all have bad days brother...its all good. I tell people all the time, don't worry about what others think. Do what makes you happy. Took a while for me to get to where I don't give a shit what others think, but if you can get to that point, your life becomes much easier.

Back
Top Bottom