Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

I have to say. The thing I like about Doc's kit is that I can follow the schedule and not touch my plants with regard to training, and I still end up with more than enough medicine that is way better than what I can get at the dispensary! These girls are growing up on their own. I water, feed, and check the environmental controls! That's it! :battingeyelashes:

On their own? You've got billions of helpers in there. That's who's doing all the work.

100% correct!

100% correct! Ha!

The story I was told was "Wowie" came first and was claimed by the early propagators of the strain. "Waui" came along later and was considered a knock-off of sorts.

My opinion is all Hawaiian strains are knock-offs in one way or another, most coming by way of Mexico or South America at some point in time. It's been said before, but the thing that makes these strains unique is the soil/environment of Hawaii which, by the way, varies greatly from region to region, especially on Big Island. But I also believe those optimal conditions can be recreated indoors, including the soil. That would be a cool challenge!

I can provide the soil. Do you know Takeo glass?

On their own? You've got billions of helpers in there. That's who's doing all the work.
Haha! My Bad! You are absolutely right Doc! Just because you can't see em', doesn't mean they're not there! They are doing all the work! I've got a live-in babysitter with them! You spoil us with your magic!

Hey Lady! So glad you've been assimilated! It's great to see growers find the kit and succeed with it! I gave some to a friend, didn't tell him I grew it but asked him how he liked it, 2 thumbs up smooth with a grade of A! Now im shooting for A+! I'd encourage you and anyone else to consider the low and slow method of drying, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

I did a small batch when that thread was first posted and the gf loved it! Not sure why its taken me this long to get back to it but I just opened a few bags to give them a little air and take a whiff and WOW, it smells amazing! You do need some room in your fridge for a couple weeks but I'm pretty sure this produce will get an A++++! See the top shelf of my fridge with 3 large plants worth.

I would LOVE to try that Ween...but I'm a chef! I have Noooooooo room in my fridge. I will when I move though! One fridge dedicated to all things cannabis... right in my grow space! :slide::slide::rofl: Also a big chest freezer for meats and homegrown produce and a regular fridge in the kitchen! :yahoo: This Brix weed is awesome. I have to be careful with the stronger strains. Easy to smoke too much because it's so smooth and tasty! ....I know...No such thing as too much for some of you pros! :battingeyelashes:

Hey Ween... what do you think the chances of mold are with the wet buds in the fridge? I’d love to do mine this way if the chance is minimal. I did do this with the cob I have going... but dried and am curing the same way I always have. I would actually love to get where I can cob a lot of my grow.
Hmmmm. Never thought of molds. I think I would have to test mine. I should anyway. My meds shut down my immune system. Not sure if mold exposure would trigger my immune system. I will have to ask the Doctor.

I hear ya Lady! My fridge is almost always full but there is never anything to eat, ha! :rofl: I purged it and crammed everything on the 2 bottom shelves. We have to buy a meal or 2 at a time for the next couple weeks which is probably a good thing!
Haha! That's funny!

Ween man thanks for that link bro.. Perfect for the BIL to reference.... Eh hmmmm. Heya Lady my buddy.... How the hell ya been??? LOL Kinda a free day here, raining like hell and off work... Gonna set my shed up for Auto grows so the BIL can practice, and such... See ya SIS. Green days and to all
Hiya MH! Too freakin busy here! Not with fun stuff either!:ciao:

I can provide the soil. Do you know Takeo glass?
After years of outdoor grows, I just spent four months getting comfortable with indoor coco and now it's time to switch back?! Ha!
I do have a few strains on my hitlist that are best in soil, no doubt I will look into your kit for those. Truth be told, I am kinda curious what this coco sample grow is going to taste like compared to Big Momma N's original recipe.

I topped a Northern Light plant from Nirvana several days ago and the stalk was hollow. It has since filled itself in which is pretty cool.

Hi all! Just want to give you a heads up. My posts may get a bit sparse at times. I won't alway be able to hit everyone's journal as much as I want either. :rolleyes: Sorry! I really want to keep the journal going, but it won't be a detailed as I would like it to be. Posting updates may be delayed from realtime. The new med is not working for my RA as I hoped it would. The swelling and pain are creeping back. It seems to be working a bit, so with a little creative treatment, it might yet help. So...apologies! I'm still here! My job sucks much of my energy these days. :Namaste:

Sending gentle hugs m’lady :hug::hug: what a complete pain! In every sense of the word. Hope you find the things that will relieve it soon.
:passitleft:
Thanks Amy! Work in progress and I still have options!

Aloha @LadyGaea

Ladies looking lovely & lively!

Mahalo nui loa for representing Pua Mana 'Ohana and for choosing Hawaiian genetics for your garden Sista!!
Thanks! Posting some updated pics tonight. Looking good! :thumb:

No worries Lady! We'll be here. I hope you find relief!! :hug:
Thanks Ween! I have to admit, it's getting old now. Time to think outside of the box.

Gave the gals their first GE Drench tonight and their 2nd Brix Foliar is tomorrow. They "slowed their roll" since I topped them!

I freaked during my first Brix grow when I saw some mottling in color and some lighter leaves about the same time as these girls. The hot growth rate at this veg state seems to cause this, but now I know not to freak out.

They were due for a GE drench tonight with some tea. I used 1 ounce of GE per 2.5 gallons and 1/2 tsp of tea. Here are the pics.

The Nirvana has a more pronounced skunk scent right now and the Pua is pretty light. Not an indication of the finish mind you! Just an observation along the way! These are two very different girls!

Back
Top Bottom