InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good info! Is that only for symmetrical nodes? All my cuttings are from branches with alternating nodes and I think I may have some with at least three or four. The AK cuttings have a lot of close alternate nodes so two nodes might have only been an inch.

I thought of that my self but I always done it with only two non symmetrical if they aren't symmetric. I used to take like 8-10 each time and only picked the 4 best ones of that after a week. They always had roots everyone.

I thought of that my self but I always done it with only two non symmetrical if they aren't symmetric. I used to take like 8-10 each time and only picked the 4 best ones of that after a week. They always had roots everyone.
I'm going to pay attention to that next round. Thanks Crazy!
You passively fill that bucket when showering? Very smart! :thumb:
Most of the water comes from filling it up while we wait for it to get warm. That's about 1.5 gallons each time. I also use it to flush the toilets.

I was wanting to do that at my place. But I thought it be crazy looking. But down at. Lake Havasu a lot of places have artificial turf I love grass just now mowing all the time.

I was wanting to do that at my place. But I thought it be crazy looking. But down at. Lake Havasu a lot of places have artificial turf I love grass just now mowing all the time.
Grass is nice but doesn't belong where it doesn't grow. I feel like water is no longer for decoration. And I didn't go cheap on the turf, especially on the front lawn. The back isn't the large expanse (less square footage and broken up with the flagstone path) so I didn't need to go with the same type. Better drainage in the back though since it's more level. The front is about a 10º slope.

I wish I had a spreadsheet of my own :).

It might be a while before I get around to figuring out how to get a spreadsheet posted, but putting together a nutrient calculator is easy once you have an equation. Try this:

A = Analysis of nutrient (e.g. N=10 in a 10-4-12 fertilizer)

D = Dose of nutrient (in ml/gal or g/gal)

For dry nutes, use this equation to calculate the ppm of each nutrient:

ppm = (A x D)(2.64)

For liquid nutes:
W = Weight of nutrient in g (from label)
V = Volume of nutrient in ml (from label)

Multiply the above ppm results by W/V (density), like this:

[(A x D)(2.64)](W/V)

In addition, because of the way P and K are presented in Guaranteed Analyses, their ppm results from the above equation must be multiplied by:

0.43 for P

and 0.83 for K

Hope that will get you going toward making your own Nutrient Profile Calculator.
:passitleft:

Turf it is! Have it front and back now. No more grass at all. Only planting beds left to water, and I use the bucket in the shower for a lot of that.

That is wild the way you guys have to conserve water and we have an abundance of it here in the great lakes. I would never water my lawn but I have never taken a bucket in the shower with me to flush toilets either. This is why I love the US so much. We have a wide array of climates and scenery.

That is wild the way you guys have to conserve water and we have an abundance of it here in the great lakes. I would never water my lawn but I have never taken a bucket in the shower with me to flush toilets either. This is why I love the US so much. We have a wide array of climates and scenery.
At some point we will be piping water across the country from where they get more than they need to where they need it, the way we do with oil now!

Back
Top Bottom