InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I put down the heat mat with the new Vivosun thermostat (thanks @Dutchman1990!) under the cuttings and set it for 80º. I'll get pics tomorrow in the bike shed.

Carry on with your Tuesday! Been a busy one here so far.:slide:

Not a problem my man ! Hope it helps push out some roots and makes your future germs even more successful! Speaking of heat mats I got one too! :rofl::rofl:

I opted for and iPower thermostat controller with the Vivosun heat mat. Saved me $15 on total cost of whole setup. The iPower has exactly the same specs as the vivosun model just a few bucks cheaper! IVe tested it for a few hours this evening and seems to work excellent!
I keep mine right around there 78-80. It's not that much warmer 8-10 degrees than the house is but it makes a big difference.

78-80*F is what I have mine set at and it seems to be perfect !
76118AAE-D330-4449-B057-D8FD6C3CD89D.jpeg
E4E974CD-7782-431E-B5FB-896B757C3969.jpeg
1CD16BF6-BFCA-411C-98C1-753D678EB4F8.jpeg

Attachments

• C6234055-4A25-409B-A7B1-C737578425C2.jpeg
    C6234055-4A25-409B-A7B1-C737578425C2.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 18
I keep mine right around there 78-80. It's not that much warmer 8-10 degrees than the house is but it makes a big difference.
Not a problem my man ! Hope it helps push out some roots and makes your future germs even more successful! Speaking of heat mats I got one too!
I opted for and iPower thermostat controller with the Vivosun heat mat. Saved me $15 on total cost of whole setup. The iPower has exactly the same specs as the vivosun model just a few bucks cheaper! IVe tested it for a few hours this evening and seems to work excellent!
Thanks! I'll see if anything has been fried when I get home from visiting my dad tonight.

Maybe could recycle the hot water in my cooling system for a seedling heating mat. :)
LOL! Let it cool down a bit before you send it :).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! o_O

Let's get to some non-scary pics...

On the subject of the thermostat, when I got home last night, the temp on the meter was 77.9º and the mat felt warm. When I got up this morning it said this:

And it didn't feel warm at all. I guess it's still better than the air temps at night though, which are in the mid 50s. The air temp this morning was 60º I think the mat can only do so much at night. By the way, notice the 94% high RH on the meter below. Those are my nighttime readings. Still was 91% at 8:30am.

Here is the bike shed with everything squeezed onto the mat. The doubled-up Sour G cuttings get the domes offset all day and put back on at night:

This is the Sour G taken 9/30, dipped in Dip'n Grow and put in ProMix HP. Not dead yet but no sign of roots. It lives with the dome always offset about an inch.

Here is the Sour G that rooted in the cloninator, also from 9/30. I may wait for a lot more roots before planting it, or I may get itchy and do it this weekend!

And lookie here...another 9/30 Sour G with root(s)!

Moving on to the outside, here is Peyote Critical on day 23, just over 5 nodes tall. I'm going to wait for more height before I top it so I can try cloning what I cut.

Here is the Sour G after haircut and transplant. I did a bit of supercropping this morning:

And the ever-crazy AK-47. No stopping this plant. I'll probably end up flipping this before the Sour G given the growth rate on it:

And last, a 7-pointer taken from Blue Treacle 2. I think it said in the book the @newty linked to that the best way to take leaves is to leave the petiole so that's what I've been doing lately:

And that's this morning's tour. Short day today so I can get home in time to get into costume to hand out candy tonight. It's a tradition!

Everything is looking quite good there today Shed.
Congrats on another rooted Sour G :high-five:
Thanks Mon!
Looks great, shed!
91%! Wtf does it rain in your bikeshed? That's some serious RH. Think we got something like 60% at work, and that's inside a water plant with lots of open surface water.
I'm about 3½ miles in from the Pacific and the marine layer moves in at night. No rain but heavy dew. The ocean has a slightly larger effect than the water at your facility!

I think whatever your fridge is is fine. The less you open it the better. Though if your fridge is 44º that's a warm fridge. 37º is recommended.
I bought a beverage cooler specifically for low and slow lol...its up to me to set the perfect temp!

1031181242.jpg

If your mat is struggling to keep up cover the dome with a towel. Where is your thermostat located? I run mine right at the bottom of the clear top dome so it's not on the bottom but not all the way up to the top.
Not sure you can see it in the pic of the bike shed, but it's buried about halfway into a cup of soil sitting down front middle. I think the mat can only do ambient + 15-20º so that is probably the issue.
I bought a beverage cooler specifically for low and slow lol...its up to me to set the perfect temp!
Oh nice setup Laquer! I can't remember what SweetSue settled on in the Low and Slow thread (been a long time since then and I don't use the method) but she did post this in the early days:
Create the space you'll be using. We seem to be gravitating to dorm-sized refrigerators. I may get one myself. The fridge [should] be frost free and you want temps and humidity about the same, around 40 degrees F and RH at 45-50%, or thereabouts.

Thanks Shed! For some reason I thought you used the method!
I tried it once for a few buds as a test but the fridge stunk and there isn't much spare room in there with a hungry 16 year old to feed. Not to mention him taking them! I still sub the thread tho :).

Here are SweetSue's latest instructions I could find:

The process is a simple one. You want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F.

* Harvest and wash buds, if that's your inclination. I will tell you, that washing the buds will fascilitate a more even and faster dry. Most of us let the branches hang to dry for around 4 hours. This is completely arbitrary. You're going to dry them nonetheless.

* Trim the buds from the branches small enough that they won't take forever to dry. It'll take a round or two to find your personal sweet spot, but everyone has their own comfort zone.

* Place the buds in jars that'll be gently tumbled daily or every three days, or into paper bags. In either case keep in mind that you're trying to create maximum surface area, so avoid overloading the storage container.

* Occasionally tumble, seperate, or do whatever floats your boat to keep the buds from forming a big, sticky ball. I find that I have great luck with the bags if about every three days I stick a hand in and move things around.

* Once a week let the buds air dry in a room with reasonable humidity to help drop the levels a little faster. I usually don't start doing this until the second week. Larger buds can take up to three weeks to get down to below 70% humidity, but in bags, most material is ready to work the rest of the humidity out in jars, and the cure begins at the two-week mark. I use rice to help with this.

* When you have them stable in the jars, begin curing as per your favorite method.

I should note that she skipped the step where you take them out of the bags after a week and put them in a sealed jar for a few hours with a hygrometer to check the process.

Back
Top Bottom