Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Right guy I've got a little tap root coming though... should I let her sit in the CD case for abit longer until it get abit bigger? Then put her in to the 16L pot? I'm only using Canna Coco medium nothing else should I soke my pot in abit of calmag? Any advice step by step guidance would be appreciated 🙏
Fill a small cup-sized pot with some coco and stand it in some tepid water for 20 mins or so, until you see moisture has been drawn up to the surface - you could add a few drops of CaMg but I don't complicate things personally
Empty the tray of any standing water once the coco is moist
Make a hole with a pencil about 1cm deep and carefully pop the seed in, don't squeeze it or touch the root
Loosely cover it over with coco and place it somewhere warm - a weak light closely overhead may be warm enough - a daylight cfl in a desk lamp will do
Keep it moist by either adding tiny amounts of water to the tray or by misting the surface a little
Avoid disturbing it if possible and you should see a sprout in a couple of days

Fill a small cup-sized pot with some coco and stand it in some tepid water for 20 mins or so, until you see moisture has been drawn up to the surface - you could add a few drops of CaMg but I don't complicate things personally
Make a hole with a pencil about 1cm deep and carefully pop the seed in, don't squeeze it or touch the root
Loosely cover it over with coco and place it somewhere warm - a weak light closely overhead may be warm enough - a daylight cfl in a desk lamp will do
Keep it moist by either adding tiny amounts of water to the tray or by misting the surface a little

Thanks Roy do you think that is safe to do now or wait until tomorrow let the tap root grow abit more? I just want to get it right after so many failed attempts lol

Thanks Roy do you think I should do that now or wait until tomorrow for tap root to grow abit more. I jist want to get this right after so many failed attempts

Thanks Roy do you think that is safe to do now or wait until tomorrow let the tap root grow abit more? I just want to get it right after so many failed attempts lol

Thanks Roy do you think I should do that now or wait until tomorrow for tap root to grow abit more. I jist want to get this right after so many failed attempts
More tap root showing means more chance of getting damaged when planting
I would do it right now, ASAP - you don't need to see any more root to know it's growing
The soaking part is purely to see if it's viable, so plant it now and mist it in or use a few drops from a pipette

I would do it right now, ASAP - you don't need to see any more root to know it's growing
The soaking part is purely to see if it's viable, so plant it now and mist it in or use a few drops from a pipette
OK she's in fingers crossed 🤞 il see some life in the next couple day temp is around 24 humidity is around 80% she's in the tent I don't have any lights on I've only got a bedroom lamp should I just leave it in the dark as my lamp is quite dark. I've got the grow door open abit so there a little bit of like coming though
OK she's in fingers crossed 🤞 il see some life in the next couple day temp is around 24 humidity is around 80% she's in the tent I don't have any lights on I've only got a bedroom lamp should I just leave it in the dark as my lamp is quite bright. I've got the grow door open abit so there a little bit of like coming though
OK she's in fingers crossed 🤞 il see some life in the next couple day temp is around 24 humidity is around 80% she's in the tent I don't have any lights on I've only got a bedroom lamp should I just leave it in the dark as my lamp is quite bright. I've got the grow door open abit so there a little bit of like coming though

The seedling will sense light from above and grow towards it, so yes, you need light from above it so it can start to get some energy as soon as it breaks ground - otherwise it will be leggy and likely fall over
A small lamp will do for now provided it is not an old incandescent bulb - a 15w 5000k cfl/LED from the high street would be fine

The seedling will sense light from above and grow towards it, so yes, you need light from above it so it can start to get some energy as soon as it breaks ground - otherwise it will be leggy and likely fall over
A small lamp will do for now provided it is not an old incandescent bulb - a 15w 5000k cfl/LED from the high street would be fineIt's just and energy saving bulb think it's 30w

A small lamp will do for now provided it is not an old incandescent bulb - a 15w 5000k cfl/LED from the high street would be fine
just and energy saving bulb think it's 30w is that OK like that? Is that what you mean? It's not pretty it's a temp thing but will that do the job?

16980754040378880058358094115994.jpg

Yes, that's the idea, but it will need to be much closer to the sprout, about 12"
Also it looks like a 2700k colour temperature bulb - have a look in a supermarket or Robert Dyas for a bulb with a higher colour temperature [more blue/white 5000k], it's usually shown on the box and printed on the base of the bulb
If you don't do both of those things, your plant will quickly become very spindly and stretched
Have you got your main grow light ready? Can't remember what you said you have

Yes, that's the idea, but it will need to be much closer to the sprout, about 12"
Also it looks like a 2700k colour temperature bulb - have a look in a supermarket or Robert Dyas for a bulb with a higher colour temperature [more blue/white 5000k], it's usually shown on the box and printed on the base of the bulb
If you don't do both of those things, your plant will quickly become very spindly and stretched
Have you got your main grow light ready? Can't remember what you said you have
OK il put it about 12inch away il take the lamp shade off aswell and il try get another bulb tonight I can't really leave at the minute I've just got a cheap £20 light it dosent have a veg or blood setting

Screenshot_20231023_165335_eBay.jpg

So eveything is good to go with what I've done? As for watering I'm gonna spray her a couple times a day If that's correct? Fingers crossed 🤞 il see her pop up in a couple days
Should be enough to get started
If you are watering from the bottom, stop spraying as soon as you see the seedling emerging

Should be enough to get started
If you are watering from the bottom, stop spraying as soon as you see the seedling emerging
Thankyou for your help roy il keep you upto date with my progress fingers crossed 🤞 il see some life in the next couple days so I can relax 😌 il get there in the end we all had to learn at some point in our life 😊 420 and Roy your a massive help

All set up what hight should I have her at. I honestly fort they didn't need light at this stage

20231023_215952.jpg
That looks spot on mate 👍
I see temp has also risen slightly - perfect

Back
Top Bottom