Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Let someone else chime in, but I use about 300 ppm's.

or about one teaspoon pre gallon or 4 liters will give you around 250ppm's or so.

Hope this helps.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

edit: Sorry I use RO water. If you are not using RO you will need to factor in your normal water ppm's.
Easier to add a little CaMg to the water the pot stands in - 0.5ml/L, no measuring or numbers to think about

:Namaste:

Don't rush into it - wait until you have all your kit set up to make sure everything fits/works, turn everything on for 24hrs then check the temperature and humidity levels
Only then soak your seeds - you want everything set up ready to go
Don't sprout them all at once, your space is only really good for one plant at a time
Most people soak seeds for 24-48hrs until a tiny bit of root appears
Use a small pot or solo cup filled with coco and stand it in a tray of water - it will draw up just enough water without risk of damping off or over watering
Once planted, they do not need anything but a little water [from the bottom] for the first 7-10 days
When you get to that stage, we'll take it from there
Hi Roy hope your keeping well, I'm stil waiting on more bits to arrive, reflector for the walls and temp gages and drip tray. Also waiting on distilled water to sorted the pH tester and seaweed extract and then I can make it look pretty inside the wardrobe stop everything from hanging ect but this is where I'm at so far

20231004_151509.jpg

20231004_151202.jpg

Hi Roy hope your keeping well, I'm stil waiting on more bits to arrive, reflector for the walls and temp gages and drip tray. Also waiting on distilled water to sorted the pH tester and seaweed extract and then I can make it look pretty inside the wardrobe stop everything from hanging ect but this is where I'm at so far

20231004_151509.jpg

20231004_151202.jpg
Getting there - Is that a humidifier in there?
In an unventilated space it will cause damp and mould
I would also consider putting a 30ma RCD circuit breaker at the wall where you plug in the 4-way so if anything overheats or gets damp, it will trip the switch before causing any damage - safety first

20231004_151509.jpg

20231004_151202.jpg
Welcome to the forum @ginger power!

Here's some pointers! With Canna Coco you have everything you need in the base A + B. I strongly advice you not to use PK13/14 since you will struggle with low pH in flower as a beginner. It has no beneficial effect and coir is already naturally high in K(potassium).

The only reason to use Calmag with Canna Coco A+B is to re-buffer the medium when the time comes that you want to reuse it. It looks like you bought already buffered coco coir meaning you don't need it at all at this stage. I used the base A + B to buffer my coir since it's higher in Ca/Mg than most "Calmag" products. If you add Calmag on top of the base you will struggle with to high levels of Calcium and Magnesium and lockout other nutrients like potassium and phosphorus.

Aim for having your pH at 6.0-6.5 on your runoff. Elevate your plants so you're able to collect and check your runoff. You want to check your runoff to know if you're overfeeding and if your pH is in range and then adjust accordingly. Feed by spray bottle when they're young and later every day with multiple feedings.

They need very little in the beginning and 300ppm / 0.6 EC is more than enough to feed them in veg.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions. I've been growing in hydro forever. All the best of luck in your growing endeavours!

Cheers!

Remove it - only use it if your humidity is seriously low [like 30%], which is unlikely to be the case once you are keeping a plant watered in there
Ambient humidity is usually fine here - too much humidity is more commonly a problem

Yes I it's a humidifier I fort il need one how will I get my humidity levels right? Could I put it on a timer or should I remove it? also il get one of the rcd to be safe.

16964302704558929888935032439355.jpg
That's a really good addition especially in veg. The plant will be able to use more light and nutrients with optimal humidity and temperature. They can take really high humidity and grows well at 70% RH in veg. You can use this tool to check something called VPD to get a grip on where you're at with temperature and humidity. Higher humidity will help you control temperature aswell.

You just put in your temperature and follow the chart!
Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-1.jpg

Good luck!

-----> VPD Calculator

Cheers!

That's a really good addition especially in veg. The plant will be able to use more light and nutrients with optimal humidity and temperature. They can take really high humidity and grows well at 70% RH in veg. You can use this tool to check something called VPD to get a grip on where you're at with temperature and humidity. Higher humidity will help you control temperature aswell.

You just put in your temperature and follow the chart! Good luck!

-----> VPD Calculator

Cheers!
So where's all that water gonna go in an unvented closet, @Wastei?

If she has fans and lives in a vented house it should'nt be a big problem. That humidifer has a set controller and is not very big to begin with. If you can use it safely for a baby you could safely use it for a plant but of course you have to always check your environment for condensation and built up moisture.

I would aim to not go over 50-60% RH in her situation. 30% RH is far from optimal for growing Cannabis in veg.

Cheers!

A thermometer / hygrometer would definitely help…

:hookah:

Brain overload lol 😆 😅 I fort you told me I need pk13/14 for 5 days at some stage that's why I bought it. So much info coming in Iright now I'm trying to pross and now panicking haha sorry 😞 😔 😟 🙁 when evething arrives and fully set up il contact you for step by step guidance if not taking the piss? Sorry I struggle with taking it all in at one hit haha but im definitely taking notes I feel like I've put myself in college with all this learning and info but I'm not running away from it I'm embracing it 😁

Brain overload lol 😆 😅 I fort you told me I need pk13/14 for 5 days at some stage that's why I bought it. So much info coming in Iright now I'm trying to pross and now panicking haha sorry 😞 😔 😟 🙁 when evething arrives and fully set up il contact you for step by step guidance if not taking the piss? Sorry I struggle with taking it all in at one hit haha but im definitely taking notes I feel like I've put myself in college with all this learning and info but I'm not running away from it I'm embracing it 😁

Screenshot_20230926_182603_Gmail.jpg

Yes, that is correct - don't be distracted by some off the cuff comments
We have a tried and tested plan so stick with me and we'll grow you some bud
Too many chefs spoil the broth
'Taking the piss?' No way my friend, I wanna see you nail this so even the tiniest of questions is fine by me to get you over the line
I'm currently trimming about 8oz of Blue Dream from an 80cm x 80cm tent, 12 weeks from seed
Yes to CaMg and PK, no to the humidifier

Yes, that is correct - don't be distracted by some off the cuff comments
We have a tried and tested plan so stick with me and we'll grow you some bud
Too many chefs spoil the broth
'Taking the piss?' No way my friend, I wanna see you nail this so even the tiniest of questions is fine by me to get you over the line
I'm currently trimming about 8oz of Blue Dream from an 80cm x 80cm tent, 12 weeks from seed
Yes to CaMg and PK, no to the humidifier
Arshh Mann you seem so cool 😎 I'm glad I joint this helpsite you have regrow my confidences again for a sec I fort ive lost £200 for nothing was getting confused again haha Joy's of life. Wow that sound yum nice bit of smoke of the scissors should be nice...thanks for your help I'm gonna de stress soon beer a joint and I'm gonna rub one of aswell fuck it why not haha 😅😂😂😂

Arshh Mann you seem so cool 😎 I'm glad I joint this helpsite you have regrow my confidences again for a sec I fort ive lost £200 for nothing was getting confused again haha Joy's of life. Wow that sound yum nice bit of smoke of the scissors should be nice...thanks for your help I'm gonna de stress soon beer a joint and I'm gonna rub one of aswell fuck it why not haha 😅😂😂😂
I've got a committee meeting tonight and a snooker match to play out so the scissor hash head fuck will be later tonight, doubtless with a cold beer
Been trimming all afternoon and already feel kind of stoned - happy daze...
:cool:

I've got a committee meeting tonight and a snooker match to play out so the scissor hash head fuck will be later tonight, doubtless with a cold beer
Been trimming all afternoon and already feel kind of stoned - happy daze...
:cool:
I play snooker aswell every Tuesday and Thursday London/essex I don't let my disability stand in my way I drive to :) I like to hit had and attack my problems. Haha I've had a scissor smoke it's like cloud ☁️ 9 😆 😂 😆 haha beer to top it of and your laughing 😃

soak my coco in some calmags befor planting my seed? So I'm guessing let it dry out before planting my seed and then just plan water after cos coco has no nutritious? So just to give it a little help? Also how much calmag should I use on a pre soak? Thanks for the advice 🙏
So the hive took over ginger. I don't have those answers so I'm glad someone did. I'also haven't been feeling well lately and I haven't been on as much as I like.
I'm the same way Ginger. Slow and steady.

Committee meeting was a fucking waste of time as usual
I lost my snooker match by a large margin
Scissor hash time :ganjamon:

I play snooker aswell every Tuesday and Thursday London/essex I don't let my disability stand in my way I drive to :) I like to hit had and attack my problems. Haha I've had a scissor smoke it's like cloud ☁️ 9 😆 😂 😆 haha beer to top it of and your laughing 😃
What disability?
Not smoking scissor hash tonight
I'm already fucked on Jack Herer & Northern Lights
:hookah:

Hello Kate sorry to hear you lost your snooker match!
Sorry you lost your snooker match its my turn tonight, should be fun, if I lose I'm sure il have a bitch fit lol 😆 least a smoke when u get home helps haha... some more bits have arrived ive still waiting on drop tray but it's looking alright inside 😁 ive got a oscillating fan up top and a small fan at bottom temp gages ive calibrated my ph test in distilled water now so shes good to go. Ive not soked my soil yet stil waiting on drip trays...im leaving the door open by 2inchs for new air to get in there.
20231005_151425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom