GreenSmurf is Back with White Widow - DWC

Re: GreenSmurf is back with - White Widow - DWC.

Doing my own DWC with multi strains right now.. White widow is one of them.. I like the switch to the larger buckets.. if i have more height space, i would move my plants from the rubbermaid totes you started yours in..

all in all looking great. Feel free to stop by and take a look at my widows.. i'm swithching to 12/12 this week sometime..

good day

Doing my own DWC with multi strains right now.. White widow is one of them.. I like the switch to the larger buckets.. if i have more height space, i would move my plants from the rubbermaid totes you started yours in..

all in all looking great. Feel free to stop by and take a look at my widows.. i'm swithching to 12/12 this week sometime..

good day

Nice setup Just looked at you journal. You have a lot of plants for a small cabinet. I can hardly fit 3 in my cabinet. Can't wait to see them flower!

I'm still adjusting the widow daily. She looks like a mess right now but I'm trying to strengthen the bends more before these colas find their final position. My ice is staying short and starting to form top colas. My medusa is just starting to throw more hairs out. I will be starting my seeds for next round soaking in water tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the widow after a few more bends and tucks tonight. The large branch in the back right will be used for pollinating.

image10019.jpg

Today my NYPD and Bubblelicious seeds cracked in less than 24 hrs. Placed them in rockwool and placed them in the veg room. I expect them to break ground sometime next week. At the moment they are all in one bucket using 3" net pots but they will find their home in 5" pots once I make a proper container for the veg room.

Wow all the plants had quite a bit of stretch there.

Where did you buy your WW seeds from?

What are your temps and humidity like?

How high above the canopy are your lights?

What are temps like in the buckets?

What is that a black tube taped inside the bucket for? Post #96 second pic.

Is this your first time doing DWC?

How do you like the DWC ?

What made you switch from the blue totes to the orange 5 gallon pails?

How many watts are your lights?

Sorry to ask so many questions, just curious is all.

Wow all the plants had quite a bit of stretch there.

Where did you buy your WW seeds from? Nirvana seed co
What are your temps and humidity like? 86 day 67 night humidity 40%
How high above the canopy are your lights? I have another 2 feet or so until I reach the light
What are temps like in the buckets? Don't know but Stayin cool because the cabinet is in the basement.
What is that a black tube taped inside the bucket for? Post #96 second pic. That is my cloner. the hose is attached to a pump which has holes drilled in it to shoot up to the lid feeding the cuttings like a bubble cloner.
Is this your first time doing DWC? No second DWC
How do you like the DWC ? Love it the plants explode with growth
What made you switch from the blue totes to the orange 5 gallon pails? The plants are at different stages and need different nutrients. Having them In separate containers is the only way
How many watts are your lights? Flower room has 400w HPS, veg has 200w CFL
Sorry to ask so many questions, just curious is all.

No worries

Definitely some crazy stretch on those plants for sure! looking really good tho.. I cant wait to see how your Widow turns out. I am doing a few widows myself in DWC, in smaller tubs tho, same ones you used in the beginning. The plants definitely explode with growth thats for sure.. i did some heavy defol on wednesday and today they look like i haven't even touched them.

i'm subbed and along for the ride :peacetwo:

Yeah these plants are stretching like my Wonder Woman did on my last grow. Pic in post#1. My light has been a great distance away. This is due to my cabinet size and exhaust fan size. Once I increase my air out it will help drop the temps and I will be able to place the light lower. I tried to lower the light in the beginning and almost killed both male and female widow. That's why I have Ice and Medusa now. I wasn't sure if the widows were going to make it. I'm confident that these will pack on the weight my Wonder Woman had last grow. I had some great colas one the size of a baseball bat. Last grow I did not properly cure my buds and wasn't totally satisfied. This time around I'm not touching the buds until my bubblelicious and NYPD are done harvesting.

I think my plants are stretched too now that I think.
Why I love reading journals on this site, I learn at least 1 thing a day here lol.

Subbed :)

My plants will almost triple in size (stretch) after switching to 12/12. Now that they have formed top colas they will calm down on growing tall and start to focus on flower production. The key for me here is to keep the nugs out of the shadows and away from "constant direct" fan contact. Indirect fan contact is good for circulation but not too close. Found out on my first journal very airy buds

my ww was a seedsman seed
smells sweet too kind of a fruity sweet smell
the waiting is the hardest part

The Malawi Gold i have are said to grow to be monsters. Since they're cultivated outdoors in Africa, they have all the space in the world to stretch! The Widows i have are very short and bushy, but i figure a real good stretch when they go to 12/12. Going to have to scrog em and bend them good through the screen to keep them tame!

that Widow looks real nice.. cant wait to watch her fatten up!

My plants will almost triple in size (stretch) after switching to 12/12. Now that they have formed top colas they will calm down on growing tall and start to focus on flower production. The key for me here is to keep the nugs out of the shadows and away from "constant direct" fan contact. Indirect fan contact is good for circulation but not too close. Found out on my first journal very airy buds

Can you expand a little on the idea of fan distance and speed? I'm running a constant 10mph ? breeze at canopy level from about 4 feet away.
As the girls grow and I use both lights, that distance will shorten.

Also, are you planning to snip the tip of your buds at 6 weeks (as described in Light Addicts backbuilding technique)?

:welldone:

Keep up the good growing :)

Can you expand a little on the idea of fan distance and speed? I'm running a constant 10mph ? breeze at canopy level from about 4 feet away.
As the girls grow and I use both lights, that distance will shorten.

Also, are you planning to snip the tip of your buds at 6 weeks (as described in Light Addicts backbuilding technique)?

:welldone:

Keep up the good growing :)

Sounds like you have a good distance! I just need a gentle breeze... enough to circulate the air around the colas. For me it's been a lot of trial and error. As long as the fan is not stationary! I find an oscillating fan works best or reposition the stationary daily. That's what I mean by "direct" vs "indirect" (Stationary/oscillating)

I'm keeping my tip all natural baby! I'm am interested to read more on that though.

Thanks man! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom