GreenSmurf is Back with White Widow - DWC

Re: GreenSmurf is back with - White Widow - DWC.

my ww was a seedsman seed
smells sweet too kind of a fruity sweet smell
the waiting is the hardest part

You're not kidded. Last grow I was just so stoked to smoke my own stuff and not buy it anymore. This time I have another grow to keep me busy and don't mind waiting.

Hmm I've never read about fans causing airy buds. I had PC fans right next to top colas and they didn't come out airy.

It might just be the size fan and speed I use then. Or something else that i haven't pin pointed yet. I have noticed a difference even in this grow when the fan stays in one position for too long and too close my growth sufferers. I'll see if I can show a pic.

LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!
Light Addicts Bud Building Technique

Sounds like you have a good distance! I just need a gentle breeze... enough to circulate the air around the colas. For me it's been a lot of trial and error. As long as the fan is not stationary! I find an oscillating fan works best or reposition the stationary daily. That's what I mean by "direct" vs "indirect" (Stationary/oscillating)

I'm keeping my tip all natural baby! I'm am interested to read more on that though.

Thanks man! :Namaste:

I have your basic hardware store 16" oscillating fan on a stick set to low. Gentler than the breeze outside, but enough to shake the leaves every minute.

Grow Well my friend:yummy::rollit::surf:

It might just be the size fan and speed I use then. Or something else that i haven't pin pointed yet. I have noticed a difference even in this grow when the fan stays in one position for too long and too close my growth sufferers. I'll see if I can show a pic.

Yea I'd like to see maybe I'm just to stoned to notice lol I use 4 200+ cfm PC fans for circulation. I find airy buds are caused by light distance and and or high temps 90f. Soon as I got my temps last summer below 30c everything came out much tighter.
You might be onto something about fans though.

Yea I'd like to see maybe I'm just to stoned to notice lol I use 4 200+ cfm PC fans for circulation. I find airy buds are caused by light distance and and or high temps 90f. Soon as I got my temps last summer below 30c everything came out much tighter.
You might be onto something about fans though.

Here's the only spot getting direct fan contact on my widow
image10192.jpg

You can see the bud behind is very spaced out and the other side is looking poor. In next pic you'll see more compact development at same height on the opposite side.

Here's a small update on the widow. I think she's almost ready for pollinating what do you guys think? 1 more week?

image10197.jpg

image10193.jpg

Check out the growth on the ice three node branch. And the compact ice main cola

image10194.jpg

image10195.jpg

you can pollinate already :thumb:
you can pollinate again also any new buds that pop out

you can pollinate already :thumb:
you can pollinate again also any new buds that pop out

Really not too early? I'm thinking about waiting until the weekend. Once the container is out of the fridge and set to room temp, how long will it be good out? Or should it be placed back in fridge?

you mean the pollen you have stored?
you don't have to take it out and keep it out first just use it

I did some pollination on one branch of each plant Saturday. I plan on getting some better pics up soon.
Some of the hairs that were pollinated are starting to recede back in already.

IMG_20140518_191245_170.jpg
IMG_20140518_191447_131.jpg
IMG_20140518_191505_501.jpg

Here is a few better shots with lights out.

Widow
20140520_215722.jpg

20140520_215615.jpg

Pollinated branch
20140520_215839.jpg

Ice
20140520_220032.jpg

20140520_215922.jpg

Pollinated branch
20140520_215933.jpg

Medusa doesn't look like it took to the pollination. It might have been too soon but that's ok I have plenty of time and pollen
20140520_220237.jpg

that widow looks sparkly :cheesygrinsmiley:

my Widows in flower are starting to pop their pre flowers! soon i shall see some lovely frosting like yours has!!

Hey guys, so I've been battling a couple issues in the flower room. Leaves are crisp and rusty, started out like polka dots on Friday. I was away backpacking for 3 days and came back to crip leaves. I thought it was a mag def. or ph issues according to what I see on the abuse chart. I did miss/delay a feeding by couple days that week so I changed out the res and nutes. And keeping an eye on them.

Hey guys widow was just harvested I have over 100 new seeds at the moment I hung the buds to dry and the are on day 2 of drying. Not as much weight as I wanted but defiantly a good seed crop. The plant did not recover well from the heat & ph issues so my yield was low.

Ice is also light weight due to the heat and ph. Just counted my seeds and have around 60. Plant is still growing and I'm thinking a little more love will help her out.

Medusa is a heavy weight. This plant exploded over the past few weeks. Still growing and getting fatter nugs. I'm going to harvest this and ice in a few weeks. I haven't taken any seeds on this one yet but there will be a lot!

Back
Top Bottom