GreenSmurf is Back with White Widow - DWC

Re: GreenSmurf is back with - White Widow - DWC.

Last night I topped the two widows and did some trimming. the ice switched places with widow 1. I'm thinking about placing a foam insulation border seperating the widows from ice and medusa. Creating a small, temporary 1.5ft veg space where I can put my cfl light in and let ice and medusa grow more on 18/6, While I put in the flower light on 12/12. Any thoughts?

just make sure no lights can leak either way

Wow these widows are getting big.

IMG_20140416_151234_043.jpg

IMG_20140416_150157_685.jpg

IMG_20140416_150307_244.jpg

IMG_20140416_150504_363.jpg

IMG_20140416_151048_478.jpg

In just about two weeks time I looked today and found a root on my clone of widow 1.
IMG_20140416_151653_531.jpg

roots are a great thing to see on a cutting
my white widow is short and bushy
your plants are looking good Smurf :thumb:

roots are a great thing to see on a cutting
my white widow is short and bushy
your plants are looking good Smurf :thumb:

Thanks cronic. My clone was a test run on my home made bubble cloner. I used a generic clone gel. 1 gallon of water inside a 5 gallon bucket with a small water pump. I used a medium size hose and wrapped it around in a circle drilled holes for water to shoot up to the lid. For nutrients I used a small amount of GH rapid root with a touch of great white. No dome just placed inside with the others. Totally surprised it took and sprouted a root. My first successful clone all other previous attempts were fails. So I'm stoked it worked!

My widows do have some stretch but not nearly as bad as my medusa. My ice on the other hand is very nice and compacted.

Growing like weeds, thats a good sign! :)

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Thanks relaxed! my temps are finally staying stable around 86 for a high and 68 for a low. I've been using the same Nute formula I was using for my Wonder Woman on my last grow so I'm expecting to see good things.

I think I have a boy widow here, so this grow maybe my first attempt at pollinating. I want/need to rebuild my seed stock.
Any advise here? Best method for my box?

bubble cloners are great man
I made one myself its the only way I clone now
most times I will change the water every couple days but if none of the cuttings have roots sometimes I just leave em and forget about em check every few days
but supposedly will work faster if you do the water change every couple days
when I leave em and forget is times I don't really need them
right now im checking on a certain cutting its slow to root but its trying to reveg at the same time
I hope it pulls through or I have to buy a few seeds to find the phenol I like cause I grew 2 and I know theres at least 2 different phenos lol
but I only had 2 of those seeds and im trying not to lose this phenol I like the genetics on this one great taste good high
talking about a holy grail kush
ok well ill stop my ranting I got a few other journals to check
Have a Great Tomorrow Smurf :thumb:

:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Thanks relaxed! my temps are finally staying stable around 86 for a high and 68 for a low. I've been using the same Nute formula I was using for my Wonder Woman on my last grow so I'm expecting to see good things.

I think I have a boy widow here, so this grow maybe my first attempt at pollinating. I want/need to rebuild my seed stock.
Any advise here? Best method for my box?

First question would be, do you have enough meds to last through 2 harvests? The first harvest would be for seed, second harvest would be for meds.

If you have enough meds to get you through, I say go for the seed run.

Or you could clone the male and the female and do a seed harvest second.

I wish you lots of luck with which ever road you take.

bubble cloners are great man
I made one myself its the only way I clone now
most times I will change the water every couple days but if none of the cuttings have roots sometimes I just leave em and forget about em check every few days
but supposedly will work faster if you do the water change every couple days
when I leave em and forget is times I don't really need them
right now im checking on a certain cutting its slow to root but its trying to reveg at the same time
I hope it pulls through or I have to buy a few seeds to find the phenol I like cause I grew 2 and I know theres at least 2 different phenos lol
but I only had 2 of those seeds and im trying not to lose this phenol I like the genetics on this one great taste good high
talking about a holy grail kush
ok well ill stop my ranting I got a few other journals to check
Have a Great Tomorrow Smurf :thumb:

I'm going to get some pics up on the cloner. It's crudely made, I just put it together on the whim. Good to know on the water change in the cloner. I was on a 7 day cycle, Which is what I use for my plants. every 7 days I change out the water wipe down the buckets with a cloth and add new nutrients, during the weeks in flower I just have to top off the res with ph water because the roots get massive.

How long does it take for a cutting to fully grow and get ready for flower? I know the answer varies on how big you want the plant but an average time? 1 month, 2?

First question would be, do you have enough meds to last through 2 harvests? The first harvest would be for seed, second harvest would be for meds.

If you have enough meds to get you through, I say go for the seed run.

Or you could clone the male and the female and do a seed harvest second.

I wish you lots of luck with which ever road you take.

Thanks! I was thinking seed run. but also wanted to know how many seeds would I get? I think there would be an insane amount of seeds from one plant imagine 3! That might be a bit excessive. So I was thinking about cutting all male branches except one. Let it grow with the ladies and when it's full of pollen and ready to go, I would cut and shake over the branches I wanted to pollinate. Now that may not work the way I want it to unless I can separate the male branch from all the ladies and the air from the fans.

Sub
Great looking plants GreenSmurf. Widow strain is my favorite. But let me ask a question. In your title of the thread what does DWC mean.

Thanks for the answer. You have great looking plants. Can't wait to see more..

any question is welcome here so feel free to ask :passitleft:

I was inspecting medusa and just found hairs starting to show. It won't show up on cam for a couple days but that makes two confirmed females. Still waiting for ice seems to be a slow grower. As you can see above the roots are a lot smaller, seems to be about a week behind the others.

Back
Top Bottom