Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

my first thought was, "I've been spraying her too much."

I hope the discoloration was caused by spraying too often- because if it wasn't, Stella's got something really weird going on.. :hmmmm:

I hope the discoloration was caused by spraying too often- because if it wasn't, Stella's got something really weird going on.. :hmmmm:
Yeah, I'm thinking not sprayed too often but sprayed when it was too hot, waaay too hot!

Yeah, I'm thinking not sprayed too often but sprayed when it was too hot, waaay too hot!
Howdy GDB safer 3/1 is supposed to be applied every 5-7 days so I would say that you over sprayed a bit and did a little damage especially on those hot day was wondering do you do anything for soil born critters such as Thrips go to my thread i have the thrips lifecycle on there I just put it up.✌️ And the plant has a little over water wilt but not bad it looks as if itll give you some decent harvest this fall for its size✌️

not sprayed too often but sprayed when it was too hot, waaay too hot!
Too hot is definitely worse. :oops: ..the good news is that she looks like she's
already growing out of it..🧯

Howdy GDB safer 3/1 is supposed to be applied every 5-7 days so I would say that you over sprayed a bit and did a little damage especially on those hot day was wondering do you do anything for soil born critters such as Thrips go to my thread i have the thrips lifecycle on there I just put it up.✌️ And the plant has a little over water wilt but not bad it looks as if itll give you some decent harvest this fall for its size✌️
Thanks SOG. That's about what I was doing but those days were within a record-breaking heatwave. Either/or, stuff happens! :)

No, I haven't considered soil born critters. If I have to consider even more critters than I already have then Stella might be in trouble! :Rasta:

Thanks SOG. That's about what I was doing but those days were within a record-breaking heatwave. Either/or, stuff happens! :)

No, I haven't considered soil boil critters. If I have to consider even more critters than I already have then Stella might be in trouble! :Rasta:
Naw she looks good! Spraying with reg water on hot days works to knock them down off the plant it don't kill anything but it washes them off the plant you know like aphids and mites but there again it raises the PM & mold issues Damned if you do Damned if you don't that's kinda why i use beneficial insects anymore 24/7 insect control it costs a little more @ the start but its worth it plus we keep a native landscape with alot of wild flowers and plants that support the beneficial insects to keep them around
I used to use the horticultural oils all season for years except in flower but its a indiscriminate killer like bees and beneficial insects and the heat so i had to change up strategy to keep ahead of climate change and to help the the good bugs and bees so that's what i do and it works pretty good 👍✌️

I think what you have going on with the damage is photo toxicity GBD
Very likely SOG. That's the technical term for damage that can occur from spraying stuff on plants. And I think most agree that that was my mistake with this plant. I read a few articles that said it can occur when plants are treated when temps. are 80F or above. I typically sprayed Stella early in the morning when I first got up and about. Unfortunately, by then it was well over 80 degrees due to the incredible heatwave we were in the midst of. :straightface:

Very likely SOG. That's the technical term for damage that can occur from spraying stuff on plants. And I think most agree that that was my mistake with this plant. I read a few articles that said it can occur when plants are treated when temps. are 80F or above. I typically sprayed Stella early in the morning when I first got up and about. Unfortunately, by then it was well over 80 degrees due to the incredible heatwave we were in the midst of. :straightface:
I've done it too!

Whatta think about these?? I was told they are stink bug larvae never seen them before i guess they are plant juice suckers, I thought they were Lady bug larvae

IMG20240727073416_BURST001.jpg

Whatta think about these?? I was told they are stink bug larvae never seen them before i guess they are plant juice suckers, I thought they were Lady bug larvae

IMG20240727073416_BURST001.jpg
Yikes! Seeing something like that would definitely make me a permanent indoor only grower! :Rasta:

Lol naw if you see some of the harvest you get outside compared to inside its its worth it plus its all part of the game 😎
Nope SOG. I'm in it for quality and variety, not volume! :ganjamon:

Watch 'ya got coming?

Watch 'ya got coming?
Assassin bugs are fascinating creatures that often go unnoticed in the insect world. These stealthy predators belong to the Reduviidae family and are known for their unique hunting techniques. But what makes them so special? Assassin bugs use a specialized mouthpart called a rostrum to inject lethal saliva into their prey, liquefying the insides for easy consumption. Found in various habitats worldwide, they play a crucial role in controlling pest populations. Whether you're a budding entomologist or just curious about nature, learning about these incredible insects can be both educational and intriguing. Ready to dive into some amazing assassin bug facts? Let's get started!
Table of Contents

What Are Assassin Bugs?​

Assassin bugs are fascinating insects known for their predatory behavior. They belong to the Reduviidae family and are found worldwide. These bugs have unique characteristics and behaviors that make them stand out in the insect world.
  1. 01
    Assassin bugs are named for their hunting skills. They use their sharp beak to inject venom into prey, paralyzing and liquefying their insides.
  2. 02
    There are over 7,000 species of assassin bugs. These species vary in size, color, and habitat, showcasing the diversity within this family.
  3. 03
    Assassin bugs can be found on every continent except Antarctica. They thrive in various environments, from forests to deserts.
  4. 04
    They have a distinctive, elongated head. This head shape helps them target and capture prey with precision.
  5. 05
    Assassin bugs are beneficial to humans. They help control pest populations by preying on insects like aphids and caterpillars.

How Do Assassin Bugs Hunt?​

Assassin bugs have developed unique hunting techniques that make them effective predators. Their methods are both fascinating and efficient.
  1. 06
    They use camouflage to ambush prey. Many species blend into their surroundings, making it easier to surprise their victims.
  2. 07
    Assassin bugs have a specialized mouthpart called a rostrum. This beak-like structure pierces the prey's body to inject venom.
  3. 08
    Their venom contains enzymes that liquefy the prey's insides. This allows the assassin bug to suck out the nutrients.
  4. 09
    Some species use a "sticky trap" method. They secrete a sticky substance on their legs to capture small insects.
  5. 10
    Assassin bugs can take down prey much larger than themselves. Their potent venom and strong rostrum make this possible.

34-great-assassin-bug-facts-1717773540.jpg

You get both of those outside to 👍✌️
Of course you do, but you get a boatload of weed as well. I've no use for boatloads and I hate trimming even the small ones that I grow. I can only imagine trying to trim a big outdoor plant and that's all I plan to ever do -- imagine it! 😁

Back
Top Bottom